Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 - Rs. 6200-6300
ASUS - P5KPL-AM/PS
Samsung 20 inch TFT
Zebronics Cabinet
250 GB SATA 2 Seagate
2x1 GB DDR2 800 Kingston - 1600
LG DVD Writer - 1100
Creative 5 Channel Speaker - 2800

Please suggest whether is should go for it?

OP
S

sunny155

Broken In
thanks dude!
but my budget is tight - VM will come around 5000 and AM is costing me just 2600.
What boost will i get if i buy VM?

Thanks

OP
S

sunny155

Broken In
ok... i mistaked it with ASUS P5KVM which was of 5000.

Actually vendor dont have VM model he have AM model. Whats the difference?

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
@rajkumar_pb

i hav been out of touch with this hardware field for a while now :( so can u tell me watz the main additional features dat VM model hav compared to CM; i just brought a CM last week :(

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
VM
*www.asus.com/products.aspx?modelmenu=2&model=1772&l1=3&l2=11&l3=563&l4=0
CM
*www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=11&l3=563&l4=0&model=2068&modelmenu=2

Just look at these two links..
And sry dude, CM one is better in terms of FSB, but unfortunately it doesnt OC better... In this link they said CM can use CPU upto 1600FSB, by OCing..but AFAIK CM mobos only OC by 25 - 30%.So all the features were not fully utilized. So better stick with VM and it OC similar to CM,but its solid stability..

Another question j1n,
I heard that CM mobos show an temperature error.. Is it so? Coz i bought one week ago for my brother and he used to complaint about that..

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
no...its not showing any temperature error for me. it shows almost the same temperature reading for mobo and cpu as shown by antibiotic cabinet.

btw...the OC features i found on the mobo r just fine for me; just dat Asus is not providing any dynamic OCing softwares for beginners...everything hav to be done manually, and i found the C.P.R bios feature very useful at this point of view for a low-budget mobo.

shrihara

Broken In
All those asus motherboards dont have pci express x16 2.0 slots, so you cant add latest graphics card. Also look for 8 audio channel for 5.1 speakers.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ PCIe 2.0 Graphics cards run on PCI 1.1 boards without any problem

and PCIe 1.1 cards run on PCIe2.0 boards without any problem.

FYI, there isn't much difference between 1.1 and 2.

techygeek

Broken In
Hi guys, I am buying a pc the configuration is-

Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 - Rs. 6200-6300
ASUS - P5KPL-AM/PS
Samsung 20 inch TFT
Zebronics Cabinet
250 GB SATA 2 Seagate
2x1 GB DDR2 800 Kingston - 1600
LG DVD Writer - 1100
Creative 5 Channel Speaker - 2800

Please suggest whether is should go for it?

well u seem to get ur prices wrong

go to www.theitwares.com

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
j1n [email said:
M@tt;1055820]no...its[/email] not showing any temperature error for me. it shows almost the same temperature reading for mobo and cpu as shown by antibiotic cabinet.

btw...the OC features i found on the mobo r just fine for me; just dat Asus is not providing any dynamic OCing softwares for beginners...everything hav to be done manually, and i found the C.P.R bios feature very useful at this point of view for a low-budget mobo.

Does it affect u in anyway?
Coz in my bros pc, it just shows the cpu over temp error while booting and it boots to windows w/o any problem. I just browse many forums to found that thats a bug with that mobo.You can fix that by updating your BIOS to the newer version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom