Is this Broadband

Do you like such plans ??

• I hate them like hell

Votes: 23 74.2%
  • Ya give me more

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • No COmments (I'm already far beyonds )

Votes: 6 19.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecko

Wandering In Tecno Land
We'll I'm starting this thread cause I've seen so much
We expect a good competition on private end but it seems that there won't be any such at all
BSNL launched new Limited plans but still there isn't any Limited plan in private ones compaed to BSNL/MTNL or so

What you people think over the so called 75 Kbps & 100 Kbps unlimited plans categorised under broadband by Reliance or Connect or Airtel (ya many Airtel fans here but I'm talking of other plan guyz)

They say taht their download speed is 75 Kbps while its just 75/8 or so
even when govt. has declared minimum bandwidth to be 256 Kbps ro be declared as broadband..
Why cheating a common man for few bucks ??

Just want your ideas over this issue cause I'm one of those cheated like that

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
the biggest issue its the "Indian Government"... why does it allow ? :D it shouldn't allow if it has already declared that!

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well Ecko, if you go to Airtel's website, 128kbps plans of Airtel are termed as 'Internet Plans' not as Broadband plans....

OP
Ecko

Ecko

Wandering In Tecno Land
^^ FTW is that internet of use
We'll Reliance term them under BroadNet & so on
They all have crafty ways to earn from it

They bill them under broadband services :D

Last edited:
these are for guys looking for UNLIMITED options....
i am really happy with my connection @ 192 KBPS via BSNL and also remember all UL plans have no higher speeds compared to limited ones...
BTW the thread is useless. Also this is not a place to show off your anger:D.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I am using a 384kbps TATA Indicom Wimax. only few hours of downtime in 40 days. The customer care is just awesome. They are very responsive and pretty good at troubleshooting.

These are lot better than many other customer support people who just follow the book.
anyways, the reception is good, quality is excellent and damn, it's pretty fast.

Now, they are running an offer. You will get 1 month free internet if you pay for 3 month prepaid pack.

installation cost : 500
3 month pack: 1122x3 = 3366.
Total you pay around 4k and get 4 month 384kbps connection.

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
Ecko said:
They say taht their download speed is 75 Kbps while its just 75/8 or so

Common man; you oughtta know this. :D
The unit used for calculating speeds in these kinda connections is in Kilobits per Second(kbps).
Whereas you are comparing it with KiloBytes per second(kBps).
And as 1byte=8bits; 1KiloByte=8Kilobits. Therefore when the connection says 75kbps, it is 75kbps; you are just getting confused with 75kBps, which it's not. Got it? :)

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
WTF dude, Airtel CC really got some smart people.

On the contrary, its BSNL which sucks.

Dude, they called me every week for the first month then another month(once in the next month) just to check that the connection was working fine:p

And, when there was a problem, they sent a person in just 2 hours, counter that.

AIRTEL rocks.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
The government also restricts where private players can lay their cables. We have this problem in Mangalore, because of which AirTel's reach has been curtailed.

airtel rox, eh ! BSNL rox too...
*skreem.exofire.net/superspeed.jpg
*skreem.exofire.net/dataone.jpg
*skreem.exofire.net/download.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Ecko

Ecko

Wandering In Tecno Land
Are yaar 100 kbps
bhai mujhe bhi pata hai
Digit ka poorana reader hoon (till they started printing same things many times)
*s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/35large.png

thadeus

Broken In
I have been with Airtel for the past 5 years, and I am quite happy with their service.

Talking about unlimited broadband plans, I am with an unlimited plan that offers 384 kbps that costs me 999 p.m. I used to pay the same for 128 kbps long ago, then it became 256 and now 384. I know I would be happy with more bandwidth for less money, but as humans we are always greedier.

I really can't tell much about other ISP's because I do not know about their plans or services.

But let me remind you all that across the world, all ISPs are facing a huge bandwidth crisis because of torrents and streaming videos and such. India is also catching up fast on that. So I am sure our ISPs will not open up the floodgates for the misers in the near future.

I think ISPs like BSNL are doing it right by giving high speeds with limited bandwidth usage. If you are planning to torrent then you need to either limit your speed or pay up more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom