Is there something wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there something wrong with my CPU or SpeedFan doesn't work properly..because from 3 months..I have been seeing these values..and those degrees change only by a value of + or - 1.

*i.imgur.com/6wBaw.png

OP
A

ArjunKiller

Gamer
In HWiNfo64 it shows that ThermMon is throttling. What does that mean? While core 1 is at 44 degrees core 2 is at 94 degrees..

sukesh1090

Adam young
^^that means your processor is getting too hot and it can be seen in second core reading.post your complete configuration.

sukesh1090

Adam young
run prime95 and check whether your system is stable or not.also try some more software to confirm that your processor is overheating.
IF you find temperature is going above 85-90C then please stop the test to protect your hardware

OP
A

ArjunKiller

Gamer
CoreTemp screenshot. Ran Prime95 for 25 minutes..temperature went upto 147 degrees as per HWMonitor Info.

*i.imgur.com/sdKen.png

Neuron

Electronic.
Okay those temperatures are way too high.Try cleaning the heatsink first,if the temperature doesn't some down time to apply some new thermal paste.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
CoreTemp screenshot. Ran Prime95 for 25 minutes..temperature went upto 147 degrees as per HWMonitor Info.

*i.imgur.com/sdKen.png

147 degrees? :shock:
Apply good thermal paste or stop using your computer. Something is going very wrong with your rig.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Guys, I will be upgrading my PC in the next 2-3 months. Do you think this one will hold on till then? Without the paste.

give a thorough cleaning of your processor HSF. remove old TIM & apply fresh layer. also check if the HSF is loose. i really feel there is some space between processor & HSF else processor temp shouldn't get that high.

BTW, have you recently tried disassembling your PC? or cleaning? sometimes the pushpins gets broken & then these kind of overheat problem starts.

OP
A

ArjunKiller

Gamer
I recently had removed the HSF and re-applied TIM but in the process 1 clamp got twisted and doesn't fit properly. The fan is a bit loose. What should I do now because I dont have anymore TIM left. Can I just repair the clamp and then screw the clamp back to the motherboard?

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
the process of removing & refitting hsf is complicated refer to the manual or take help of a tecnitian I think u have to twist the clamps before appling pressure to lock also check the temps in bios no way can the proccy resist 147

Sent from my GT-I5510 using Tapatalk

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I recently had removed the HSF and re-applied TIM but in the process 1 clamp got twisted and doesn't fit properly. The fan is a bit loose. What should I do now because I dont have anymore TIM left. Can I just repair the clamp and then screw the clamp back to the motherboard?

exactly as i thought. you cleaned your PC, heatsink, try to install it again. it doesn't get installed. put pressure & one of those pushpin/clamp gets broken. you fix it that way & run your PC.

get a new cooler. a KOOLER MASTER HSF (brought one a year ago) will cost around 200 bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom