Is there Any methord to check hard disk life ?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
you can at most check for bad sectors and if there is any, apply for RMA. there is no software that can give you any accurate measure of HDD life left.

Renny

Padawan
Symptoms like bad sectors, frequent file corruption, detection failures, noises are the main inductors. No way to determine its working life.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Sorry for bumping into an old thread. I have 3-4 HDD's with me and off late I find some clicking sound coming from the HDD. I wanted to check if all my HDDs are fine. Can any of these software mentioned here help me find out about the life of HDD.

Flash

Lost in speed
I use Hard Disk Sentinel.

+1.. .

Its good but not free.

There's an official key which lies in the hdsentinel itself. Once they've given a key as a giveaway for certain region. But sadly, the key works for all regions TILL and they've almost forgot about that.

Sorry for bumping into an old thread. I have 3-4 HDD's with me and off late I find some clicking sound coming from the HDD. I wanted to check if all my HDDs are fine. Can any of these software mentioned here help me find out about the life of HDD.

HD sentinel will show the remaining (approximate) life span for a HDD in days, with bad sectors (if any) like this..

*www.online-tech-tips.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/HDSentinel.png

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys is this something to worry about

*s12.postimg.org/vyl3mgavh/Hard_Disk_Problem.jpg
image hosting

*s24.postimg.org/hp3bv8bf9/Hard_Disk_Problem1.png
pictures upload

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Guys is this something to worry about
back up your important data first. also what is the value for "current pending sector count"? you need to rma this drive at as soon as possible. it can fail any time.

I also tested my HDD with crystal disk but it is not showing Rotation rate :(

mine does not show buffer size and NV cache size. nothing to worry about.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
maybe some design parameter which prevent crystaldisk from reading this value from hdd.S.M.A.R.T. values are the ones which matter anyway.

Top Bottom