Is the LG Optimus 2x right for me?

gohan89

Broken In
I want an Android phone.My budget is within 17,000.

I dont text a lot.
I will be watching lots of movies Hd if possible but occassionally.
I like to play lots of games,ones with heavy graphics for 0.5 to 1 hour a day.
I will be listening to lots of music through earphones.
I will web browse occassionally.
Pictures and video recording should be good enough.
The UI should be smooth and good looking.
Good battery life to last me a full day as I charge everyday at night.

I think the dual core LG optimus 2x will be the best choice for me.I heard its battery is bit poor.I have read mixed reviews.Some say its good ,some say its worst.
I wanted to know if this phone receives the ICS update as promised by LG by september,will the battery life,glitches and freezes be resolved.
I plan to buy it by the end of this year or early next year.Will its price come around 15-16,000 by that time?
What is the cost of a LG 3500mAh battery?

Is it safe to buy the phone online?Will it be service by authorised LG service center in my city?Which sites are the best and provide lowest price deals with good return policies?

I had shortlisted the HTC One V and the Xperia Sola.Suggest upcoming models also.

Please tell me if the LG Optimus 2X with ICS be the right one for me?

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
O2X is discontinued long ago and its completely off the market now.

Grab Xperia Sola or Motorola Atrix 2.

Please tell me if the LG Optimus 2X with ICS be the right one for me?

it'll get ICS by 2013 i guess :|
if you are ok with custom rom then try searching for it.

techlover

In the zone
Go for Xperia Sola :)

But one thing you play 1hour of heavy graphics game daily and still want it to last for a day? :O

aroraanant

Explorer
As SAM has already told you, it has been discontinued a long time back, and you won't find it anywhere now.
Sola will be a much better option for you, you can get it for around 18k.
Or if you can increase your budget then you can check out Xperia P and HTC Sensation, both costs 22k

miltus_31

Broken In
Optimus 2x is available in homeshop18

LG P990 Optimus 2x Mobile Phone . Buy Best LG P990 Optimus 2x Mobile Phone at Lowest Price Online

There is also a coupon for it. Only for tomorrow.
HomeShop18.com Superdeals: Samsung, Fastrack and Book deals

OP
gohan89

gohan89

Broken In
If the LG Optimus 2x is discontinued..please tell me a good phone which can handle HD games and HD videos without breaking a sweat.
Has the Samsung galaxy R also been discontinued?What is its current price?

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
Yup Samsung Galaxy R has been discontinued as well. It was a good phone. Wonder why they stopped its production...

daksh

Journeyman
If youre ok with rooting and are familiar with custom roms , buy Optimus 2x. It has great community support and you dont have to wait for LG to take updates out .

If you could extend your budget a little , I would recommend the Atrix 2 coz of the OMAP 4 chipset ,also in Playbook , galaxy tab 2 , Galaxy nexus ( OC'd GPU) , moto razr etc .
The chipset is tried and tested and development for it flourishes coz the galaxy nexus has it .

Top Bottom