Is Nokia 5230 worth looking at?

OP
M

mohitsuri50

Broken In
@ kwimp
Nokia 5530 have 3.2 MP camera....More Slim compare to 5233....Wifi and a better look in my own choice... 100 MB user memory compare to 5233 (70MB user memory)... Also it comes with 4 GB memory card in box...and nokia 5233 doesn't have any Memory card with box....

nmenon

Broken In
The 5530XM has a tad smaller screen at 2.9" with same res. It has stereo loudspeakers on the front panel. It lacks 3G and GPS but has WiFi. Further you also get a Nokia Music 100 songs download voucher. Depends on what you want. Compared to the 5233 it only has a smaller screen rest is better. But compared to the 5230 it depends on what you want, 3G or Wifi etc.

kelly

Broken In
I just downloaded 100 songs from ovi music...my frend take some songs via bluetooth to his phone....but those songs are not playing on his phone....Why????

nmenon

Broken In
Why my ovi store is not working....it just back to main menu when i click to open this....

That is a strange issue. Try the software update option if you have free GPRS. Its Applications> Software Update. Or try visiting store.ovi.com from the browser. I never faced any such issues though my phone's Ovi Store app got stuck occasionally, if I tried to sign in, till I updated the phone's firmware and other software.

Today I have updated Nokia 5233 firmware from v.12.1.089 to firmware v. 12.1.092.

Change log for v.12.1.092
- New Features
- Updated Applications
- Performance Improvements

To update the firmware download "nokia software updater" and follow the instructions.
The v.12.1.092 Firmware size is 114 mb.

Some improvement i can see after updating firmware

• The menu display time has reduced
  • Menu In and Out animations are more smoother than before.
  • Phone has become fast
  • Start up is bit fast.
  • Earlier free memory used to be around 26 - 35 mb , now it is between 40 - 57 mb

talwar

Broken In
I flashed works gr8 and fast .... But the only problem is not able to hack it with previous HelloOX... Any solutions

nmenon

Broken In
The best way is to use the Nokia Software Updater after connecting your phone to the computer with the Data Cable only in PC Suite mode. You'll need a broadband connection and have to ensure that the phone is fully charged and there are no interruptions in the process, which could damage the phone. The latest update is not OTA so the Software Updater is the only way to go.

talwar

Broken In
The best way is to use the Nokia Software Updater after connecting your phone to the computer with the Data Cable only in PC Suite mode. You'll need a broadband connection and have to ensure that the phone is fully charged and there are no interruptions in the process, which could damage the phone. The latest update is not OTA so the Software Updater is the only way to go.

I am trying to update but it asking me for sim card...is it important???

Top Bottom