Is Nokia 5230 worth looking at?

I had that phone for 10 days (sold it to upgrade to 5230). I tired each and every thing possible, but i was not able to use maps on 5233. While it works like a charm in 5230.

nmenon

Broken In
Hey Guys!
Is this phone worth it 'coz I'm thinking about buying the 5230 (Note 5230 not 5233).
I love nokia's phones and well a touch screen phone at 8000/- is not a bad deal. GSMArena says if you don't mind the mediocre camera and the lack of WiFi then the 5230 is better as it has most of the updates to S60 v5 already built in whereas the 5800XM
requires firmware updates to fix the bugs.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Hey Guys!
Is this phone worth it 'coz I'm thinking about buying the 5230 (Note 5230 not 5233).
I love nokia's phones and well a touch screen phone at 8000/- is not a bad deal. GSMArena says if you don't mind the mediocre camera and the lack of WiFi then the 5230 is better as it has most of the updates to S60 v5 already built in whereas the 5800XM
requires firmware updates to fix the bugs.

get 5233 if u dont want 3G....some bugs r removed in 5233 as compared to 5230

but i will suggest you to go for 5230. There is not much difference in price and even if you dont use 3G, the Free GPS is fun to use !! I made the mistake, so better you dont repeat it !

romikhan57

Broken In
The 5233 is a pretty functional device in my opinion. At its current price it definitely is a steal but i really think that spending that little bit more for a dedicated GPS Chip should make no difference as you get to enjoy full fledged GPS navigation on the device. While 3G is still not relevant in a country like India, it makes sense to have a future proof device.

Saying that , i do have a 5233 with me right now and it is definitely a good , solid and more or less bug free device at a great price point.

Last edited:
Nokia 5233 is a basic touch screen phone in this price range. But it has so many features like kinetic scrolling, big screen, high resolution display graphics, loud music quality with hands free, and home screen shortcuts like media bar, contacts bar.

pawankhanna

Broken In
I am using nokia 5233. I wanna to know some setting related to camera so that while taking a snap I didn't get any sound.

If anyone know how to silent that camera tone in Nokia 5233, Please let me know.

kelly

Broken In
I have purchased Nokia 5233. Everything is OK but whenever I switched off the phone and then switched on it show different time. I went to time settings , set the time zone and auto time update being off but the situation remain same.

Top Bottom