Is my configuration sounds like a gaming rig???..pls help..

Status
Not open for further replies.

giprabu

In the zone
Does my configuration sound like a gaming rig???..pls help..

Graphics Card : XFX Raedon 5750
MotherBoard : Gigabyte 890FXA-UD5
Processor : AMD Phenom X6 1055T
Monitor : Benq G2412HD
RAM : Transcend DDR3 1333Mhz (2 GB)
Power Supply : CoolerMaster RS-500-PCAR eXtreme Power 500W

Please suggest me whether this will make a decent gaming rig..and also if you have any suggestions , you r welcome..

will 500w be able to handle the system or should i go for 550w ??

BUDGET :: 50K (strictly should not exceed the limit..!!!)
:p

pulsar_swift

Youngling
Card can be upgraded to HD5770. RAM - make it 4GB DDR3. Power Supply change it to CORSAIR VX 550W.
I have no idea about the prices of the mobo and processor you listed, so cannot comment whether the above upgrades will fit in to 50K or not.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Re: Does my configuration sound like a gaming rig???..pls help..

Graphics Card : XFX Raedon 5750
MotherBoard : Gigabyte 890FXA-UD5
Processor : AMD Phenom X6 1055T
Monitor : Benq G2412HD
RAM : Transcend DDR3 1333Mhz (2 GB)
Power Supply : CoolerMaster RS-500-PCAR eXtreme Power 500W

Please suggest me whether this will make a decent gaming rig..and also if you have any suggestions , you r welcome..

will 500w be able to handle the system or should i go for 550w ??

BUDGET :: 50K (strictly should not exceed the limit..!!!)
:p

thats an odd upside down gaming rig :grin: 6 cores + only 2Gb ram + a slow card + a whopping 24". man. i not know what OP wants play on such a GAMING rig.

get these instead.

Processor: Phenom II X2 555 3.2GHz B.E: 5.2k (will unlock to X3-X4)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-UD2H @ 5.5k or 790GX based board
Ram: Transcend 2 X 2Gb DDR3-1333Mhz: 5.5k
Hard Disk: :?:
Graphics Card: Sapphire HD5850 1GB GDDR5 @ 15.8k
Optical Drives: :?:
PSU: Corsair VX550W @ 4.7k
Cabinet: NZXT Gamma: 2.2k (you'll need it accommodate such huge & long cards)

total: 38.9k.

now for monitor, HD5850 can power a 24" but i won't recommend. stick to 22".

Monitor: Benq G2220HD 22” FULL HD: 7.5k
E2200HD 22" FULL HD: 9k

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
excellent config sam. but wont he get stuck with the dual core CPU ?

till date, i not seen (or heard) X2 555 unable unlock. it at least unlock to X3 (rare) or X4 (usually). just i fear is the heat issue. X2 will run at normal temperature. once X4 is enabled, means extra 2 cores unlock, i not sure if the default heatsink can hold the temperature down. in that case he can go for TX3 or Katana3 like u did.

Piyush

Lanaya
till date, i not seen (or heard) X2 555 unable unlock. it at least unlock to X3 (rare) or X4 (usually). just i fear is the heat issue. X2 will run at normal temperature. once X4 is enabled, means extra 2 cores unlock, i not sure if the default heatsink can hold the temperature down. in that case he can go for TX3 or Katana3 like u did.
athlon II x4 630 and phenom II x2 555 are of almost same price
i thought when i'll buy a rig i'll go for the 630
but now i'm leaning more towards 555
tell me dude
is it really true that 555 have 100% chances of unlocking the rest 2 cores
i heard a couple of months ago that AMD will solve this problem in their new models
coz if its true that it will surely unlock
then i'll ho for it rather than 630

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Why not just get an X4 BE..? Raise the price a bit more overall. He will still not touch his threshold of 50K. HD5850 shall be enough for his 24". He can lower the AF/AA a bit. Unless he runs Metro 2033......!

OP
giprabu

giprabu

In the zone
hey guys .. if my 24'' was a problem for that gfx card, then suggest me one which offers full hd with HDMI input... the 22'' from benq doesnt have hdmi port.. and i'm not sure about other brands.. i'd like to stick to benq only..

pulsar_swift

Youngling
Why not just get an X4 BE..? Raise the price a bit more overall. He will still not touch his threshold of 50K. HD5850 shall be enough for his 24". He can lower the AF/AA a bit. Unless he runs Metro 2033......!

X4 BE is no longer VFM according to me. Coz i purchased X4 955BE at Rs 8200. The stock heatsink on the 955BE is not good and is noisy. It is noisy and there are no two ways about it. So i had to go for a aftermarket CPU cooler in my case it was CM Hyper Tx3 @ Rs 1400. Now my total landed cost is 8200+1400 = Rs 9600. I can get a Core i5 at this price.

pulsar_swift

Youngling
Yes it is. As per the reviews i read on the internet.senior members like asigh can throw some light on which one is better. My opinion is completely based on what i read on the internet

OP
giprabu

giprabu

In the zone
and one more query..
why you people want me to go to 4 core and 2 core processors when a whole lot 6 cores are available at mere 9.5k ???

and will this processor fit in 790chipset boards without a bios upgrade ?

OP
giprabu

giprabu

In the zone
ok... atleast tell me whether the 790 chipset boards would need a bios upgrade to host the hexa core processor..

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
and one more query..
why you people want me to go to 4 core and 2 core processors when a whole lot 6 cores are available at mere 9.5k ???

and will this processor fit in 790chipset boards without a bios upgrade ?

X6 bad for gaming. good for encoding. for price of X6, u can get i5. better for gaming. much better. for gaming, don't look past 4 cores.

yes 790GX/X/FX will support X6 after bios update.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Here goes tour config

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 2.8GHz @ 11.1k
Biostar TA890GXE @ 6.6k
2 X 2 GB Kingston 1333 MHz DDR3 @ 5.4k
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB @ 2.2k
BenQ 22" G2220 FULL HD LCD Monitor @ 7.5k
Tagan Stone Rock TG600-U37 600Watts @ 4.6k
Zebronics Antibiotic @ 2k without SMPS
Sapphire HD5850 1GB GDDR5 @ 15.8k

I suggested Zebby Cabinet because of the size of it. Antibiotics is a really big one and has a lot of air flow inside it. Its is bigger than NXT Gama.

Total is around 55k. Now with extra 5k, you are getting everything you need, a Hexacore CPU, Full HD Monitor and a powerful GPU to support the highest resolution gaming in the Display.

Reducing cost can be done by going for a Phenom II 965 @ 8.6k. I strongly recommended you to stick with the 890GXE mobo as it is very much futureproof.

OP
giprabu

giprabu

In the zone
@cilius::::

can u show me any site stating the cost of 890GX chipset board @6.5k ???

similar kind of boards from gigabyte and asus cost from 9 to 12k...

Cilus

laborare est orare
Thanks a lot, ajai5777, for updating me with the price. NowI can't resist myself to go for one of these hexacore monstars.

So giprabu, its good for you. The total price is reduced by 1.6k. So just go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom