Is it worth waiting for Haswell?

Risspartan117

Broken In
When are the 4th Gen Intel processors hitting the Indian market?

I'm currently going for AMD FX8350 with ASUS Motherboard M5A97 EVO R2.0. Due to some financial issues and I'll not be able to make the purchase of the processor and MoBo before the end of June. Will the Next Gen Intel Processors be available by then? If not, should I wait another couple of weeks and get them instead?

I intend to upgrade my Proccy, Graphic Card and MoBo after 3-4 years anyways. If the next i7-4770K would be around 20k then it would be affordable, but the question is, would it be worth the wait and the extra bucks?

vkl

Cyborg Agent
Smcinternational have i7 4770 at their website near that price,they don't have i7 4770k listed on their website.
i7 4770 : INR 19845

As for Z87 chipset motherboards available online,smcinternational lists MSI GD-65 Gaming ;MSI Z77 MPower and MSI Z87-G43.
Primeabgb has listed Asus Gryphon Z87.Theitdepot have some got some Z87 and H87 chipset boards,Flipkart and primeabgb have listed few intel 8 series chipset boards.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
They have edited their website. I have seen i7 4770k at 19.6k 2 days before. The specification was also correct,3.5ghz. But now, it is not listed.

vkl

Cyborg Agent
^^Yeah,may be.I also remember seeing i7 4770 for 19.6k at their site,now the price has changed.

Maybe its wise to wait for some more motherboards to arrive from Asus and Gigabyte, no sense in MSI.

Maybe its wise to wait for some more motherboards to arrive from Asus and Gigabyte, no sense in MSI.

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
May be a bit of overclock may help FX 8350 but intel setup will cost almost 1.5x
AnandTech | Bench - CPU

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
If you can afford then wait or Go with the FX8350 (Provided your needs are multithreaded / Multi Core Using Software i.e. Photoshop etc)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
yes ... these 220W TDP close to 5 Ghz cpus ( FX 9000 ) are AMD's flag ship product so they can price it around 20k for sure ( similar to i7 4770k) but who knows these can cost even more and won't be a VFM deal for the most for sure.

One more thing I would like to mention is haswell indeed has support for many new features and extensions but applications taking advantages of such unique features are very less or yet to be released ( only god knows when ? ) and for most of the people they will be of no use unless softwares most commonly used stats integrating these features but this is on the devs to decide but from an average users point of view these features does not mean much so people who got a 2500k/2600l for gaming is still happy with what they have got and will be happy till a few successor of haswell comes out ( unless they can perform significantly better in many apps like SB did ) ..

I think manufacturers are now too busy to just release their half baked products to get publicity which would help with their other products rather than going to the drawing board and making a striking new product but as all the chip manufacturers are focusing mainly to the mobile market it's hard to get a new performance product for desktop and that;s why we are getting cpus with less power consumption and less OC capability based on old limitations ( haswell ) or old cpus with finer chip to achieve high clock speed and TDP based on old architecture ( FX 9000).

Manufactures should really make some new performance cpus for desktop with balanced power consumption and nice OC capability and keep it apart form mobile cpu market instead of making some fusion products which will work well in both desktop and and as a mobile platform with little modification.

^ Same is the case with AMD. There are very very few consumer applications exploiting the its architecture. Intel is dominating while AMD is competing. Intel can easily pay the developers to promte the use of the expclusive features, the same whay Google din when Android was launched. And Intel does not desing desktop processors; their higher end laptop chips become the lower and mid end desktop chips and lower end server chips become the higher end desktop chips.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Regarding AMD FX-9000 series, they are not directly coming to the end user due to the other quality components they need. CPUs will be available initially in PCs through system integrators, but not to end-users.
AMD Unleashes FX-9000 Microprocessors with Up to 5GHz Clock-Speed - X-bit labs

d3p

PowerHouse
SMCinternational has Intel i7 4770 & 4430 Processors in stock.

Intel i7 4770 : 19.6k

Intel i7 4430 : 12k

Source : CPU | Mobo | Ram : Intel Launches 4th Gen Core “Haswell” Processors, Now Available @ SMC Exclusively

Tachyon1986

In the zone
Sorry to hijack this thread , but I don't really want to create a similar thread for the same request.

I was planning on getting the i7-3770K series , but with the Haswell series into the mix.. I'm confused. On paper, there doesn't seem to be any major difference between the i7-3770K and i7-4770K (which is unavailable now in India, since I only found the regular 4770 in TheITDepot and SMC).

Similar dilemma here , i7-3770K or wait for 4770K to arrive in India and buy it?

Top Bottom