Is it RAM issue ?

I've a BSNL broadband connection with dial up. Sometimes while connecting to the internet(using dial up), my PC hangs up badly. It starts responding after 5 min, that also not completely. Dial up dialog box is in not responding & i've to restart my PC(not by using reset button).

What could the problem be ? Is it due to windows 7 64bit running in 2GB RAM ?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Wait a little while before connecting. Wait for everything to load. A 5 min gap between booting and connecting will be enough.
Dont do anything like clicking the connection or any network related thing

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
I've a BSNL broadband connection with dial up. Sometimes while connecting to the internet(using dial up), my PC hangs up badly. It starts responding after 5 min, that also not completely. Dial up dialog box is in not responding & i've to restart my PC(not by using reset button).

Does not seem to be a RAM issue. Have you set up a lot of gadgets or startup program?
Download the trial version of TuneUp Utilities 2011 and run maintenance. Should solve your problem

OP
omega44-xt

omega44-xt

Gear up ...
Sometimes when the net gets disconnected, after that when i reconnect that time it happens usually. It never happened during first dialing after start up.

Sometimes aftr using my PC for a while (say for 15-20 min) then when i connect to net it may happen.

I'm having full version of tune up utilities 2010.

OP
omega44-xt

omega44-xt

Gear up ...
Actually i want to lower the burden on my GPU while gaming due to my PSU. I dont want improvements in graphics of the game.

So will an extra 2GB RAM lower the burden on GPU ?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Actually i want to lower the burden on my GPU while gaming due to my PSU. I dont want improvements in graphics of the game.

So will an extra 2GB RAM lower the burden on GPU ?

The RAM will not burden the GPU.

Only way you can reduce GPU burden, is to lower the resolution.

OP
omega44-xt

omega44-xt

Gear up ...

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@anupam_pb: whats the meaning of posting same question twice???

does it hang while doing anything else like watching movies,runing apps,games etc???

OP
omega44-xt

omega44-xt

Gear up ...
I postd it twice so that it could be seen in recent posts.

My PC does not hang while doin other activities.
My crysis 2 sumtimes hangs while resuming campaign bt not the PC

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
It not a ram issue first update to latest version of vista service pack install all security updates to date, then install a good AV software update it and scan assuming ur r using PPPOE after that update ur lan card drivers and MB Bios if possible firmware of ur adsl modem

Lastly install the username & password in the modem and set it up to connect automatically so u wont have to dial up

Top Bottom