IS INDIA A POOR COUNTRY? (Must Read)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pc_game_lover2004

~Beating Toughest Games~
Why shouldn't the government enquire about the huge amount of money. It is not earned legimately. They are looting the government (every Indian's money). It's the looters that should understand that they are looting to an extent even they can't use it to its fullest.
Agreed but it requires an awareness in the indian people like that of AIDS...lol :rolleyes:

gigyaster

Journeyman
I don't know whether this article is true or not my someone has rightly said

"India is a rich country but all the moneys are in the wrong pocket which makes India poor"

Mystic

wise one
Give me a reason for believing this article.

Swiss bank doesn't revile such information, they simply have no whatsoever reason to do that.
Indians smugglers, politicians, <add corrupted people> obviously have a huge sum of black money in swiss banks - but that doesn't mean you'll have to believe in that India tops the list.
The article is a chain letter, not real. If it is, why won't this be in all over the news?

Besides all these, you can't "claim" the money. Unfortunately, it isn't something a common person could investigate, unless there's a major power group forces itself to do, which, as you know, not going to happen.

You'd be better at spending your energy on something that would be productive and generate domestic revenue instead of yelling what had happened before. India can easily be a not-so-poor country if we get the thing that we lack, [innovative] entrepreneurs.

iNFiNiTE

The cake is a lie!!!
Give me a reason for not believing this article :|

iNFiNiTE said:
Here is the link for the supposed report (Swiss Banking Association report 2006)which is supposedly the base for the insane article.

The two times India is mentioned in the report (page 10) are as follows:
:Representing interests as far afield as China and India

For some years now the Asian markets have been a key pillar of the international expansion plans of certain Swiss banks. With this in mind it is only logical for the SBA to promote its agenda in these countries as well – specifically China (including Hong Kong) and Singapore. As a result the SBA is helping Swiss banks to enter these markets by lobbying for better framework conditions. At the same time we are making a huge effort to establish a network of contacts in this growth region. In order to achieve these goals we have increased the frequency of our visits to the area and have also welcomed delegations from China to Switzerland. A delegation is provisionally scheduled to make a first visit to India early in 2008 with the aim, amongst other things, of explaining the conditions governing the Swiss banking system.

Nowhere is the alleged citing of the money deposited from various countries.

Sheesh people, atleast do a little fact finding before you start jumping to conclusions.

Want the 2008 report too? Here it is

Did you even read this post? :rolleyes:

pc_game_lover2004

~Beating Toughest Games~
Give me a reason for believing this article.

Swiss bank doesn't revile such information, they simply have no whatsoever reason to do that.
Indians smugglers, politicians, <add corrupted people> obviously have a huge sum of black money in swiss banks - but that doesn't mean you'll have to believe in that India tops the list.
The article is a chain letter, not real. If it is, why won't this be in all over the news?

Besides all these, you can't "claim" the money. Unfortunately, it isn't something a common person could investigate, unless there's a major power group forces itself to do, which, as you know, not going to happen.

You'd be better at spending your energy on something that would be productive and generate domestic revenue instead of yelling what had happened before. India can easily be a not-so-poor country if we get the thing that we lack, [innovative] entrepreneurs.
I did said that figures may not be right but the idea is right..
anyways we can't get the money back that's already there but of course if came in the mind of the high authorities we could surely have such banks in india...to keep people's black money...
and infinite bro...the idea was not about any competition that where india stands in their list but the idea is of the way of rules swiss banks work on...;)

Ecstasy

a.k.a VipER
It shows how much corruption has taken over in our country. If given 2 more years it will double the amount which Swiss bank has shown without a doubt.

Mystic

wise one
I did said that figures may not be right but the idea is right..
anyways we can't get the money back that's already there but of course if came in the mind of the high authorities we could surely have such banks in india...to keep people's black money...
and infinite bro...the idea was not about any competition that where india stands in their list but the idea is of the way of rules swiss banks work on...;)

Why would you want to have a bank that just let the black money get in? Strange, instead of tackling with the corruption, you encourages people to not pay taxes, smuggle, etc?

You all blame too much on the politicians, aren't the person who bribes to get work done quick is a ordinary citizen? Aren't there literally many [who are capable and eligible to pay] non-tax payers? Aren't we the same person who skips a red light and if caught, get away by paying some hundreds instead of the thousand fine.

Corruption starts from the root within the people.

pc_game_lover2004

~Beating Toughest Games~
Why would you want to have a bank that just let the black money get in? Strange, instead of tackling with the corruption, you encourages people to not pay taxes, smuggle, etc?

You all blame too much on the politicians, aren't the person who bribes to get work done quick is a ordinary citizen? Aren't there literally many [who are capable and eligible to pay] non-tax payers? Aren't we the same person who skips a red light and if caught, get away by paying some hundreds instead of the thousand fine.

Corruption starts from the root within the people.

ok so you have an idea how to stop corruption...i mean please get over it...even if you kill the corrupt people then too more will be born...corruption is now in Indian blood sorry to say but it's truth...so why not just letting the money stay in india even if it's black so that when the person dies atleast money remains in India instead of Swiss banks :(

Mystic

wise one
Perhaps you didn't understand. That is the only way an ordinary person can stop corruption, the fact you wait for superman or hero - that's not going to happen. I've nowhere said to "kill" people, all I said is to stop corruption. Again, it's hard - people think that bribing someone hundred rupee won't hurt anyone - but that's not true, that money 'may' use to kill people - where do the terrorist get the money? corrupted governments! where do the government get money? us.

You don't need to be Bhagat Singh or Gandhi to 'save' this country, just follow the laws and stop adding corruption. If you want to go one step ahead, do volunteer to the charity groups, educate yourself about everything (dumb won't even know its a dumb), educate your surrounding and so many things, and most important keep neutrality. The guy who has a will to help, find the right path. Most of the time you try to talk about such things with, say college friends, they would likely to say "shut up", but be glad you tried and may have inspired someone.

OK, for a minute, let's say, there's a bank in India with swiss policy - yet there would be no one to stuff its million dollar black money in it. The only reason people store their money in overseas bank are because it's hard to enforce laws on another country, hard to trace the money.
In fact, people DO have black money in Indian banks (not paying tax? you've black money), no one can just get in and say "Hey, show me the money". You'd need some evidence that this XYZ is proven guilty, has corrupted money - account sealed. Black money isn't something that get through the eyes of government or tax, so can't be used for development - useless. I'm sure you don't want to be some mafia country.

But I give up, I understand the youth who would just want to wait for a movie-style hero or either the 'god avatar' (no wonder IndiaTV has a market share). Most youths are either hopeless or clueless, pff.

Interesting thread by Gaurav, you might to have a read.

P.S. Just in case, I'm taking this as a debate, hope you didn't feel being "offended".

pc_game_lover2004

~Beating Toughest Games~
Perhaps you didn't understand. That is the only way an ordinary person can stop corruption, the fact you wait for superman or hero - that's not going to happen. I've nowhere said to "kill" people, all I said is to stop corruption. Again, it's hard - people think that bribing someone hundred rupee won't hurt anyone - but that's not true, that money 'may' use to kill people - where do the terrorist get the money? corrupted governments! where do the government get money? us.

You don't need to be Bhagat Singh or Gandhi to 'save' this country, just follow the laws and stop adding corruption. If you want to go one step ahead, do volunteer to the charity groups, educate yourself about everything (dumb won't even know its a dumb), educate your surrounding and so many things, and most important keep neutrality. The guy who has a will to help, find the right path. Most of the time you try to talk about such things with, say college friends, they would likely to say "shut up", but be glad you tried and may have inspired someone.

OK, for a minute, let's say, there's a bank in India with swiss policy - yet there would be no one to stuff its million dollar black money in it. The only reason people store their money in overseas bank are because it's hard to enforce laws on another country, hard to trace the money.
In fact, people DO have black money in Indian banks (not paying tax? you've black money), no one can just get in and say "Hey, show me the money". You'd need some evidence that this XYZ is proven guilty, has corrupted money - account sealed. Black money isn't something that get through the eyes of government or tax, so can't be used for development - useless. I'm sure you don't want to be some mafia country.

But I give up, I understand the youth who would just want to wait for a movie-style hero or either the 'god avatar' (no wonder IndiaTV has a market share). Most youths are either hopeless or clueless, pff.

Interesting thread by Gaurav, you might to have a read.

P.S. Just in case, I'm taking this as a debate, hope you didn't feel being "offended".
well friend actually i liked talking to you coz u only seemed to be interested in this topic expect me...
so no chance of being offended.
So now continuing the debate
Ok agreeing to you as you said stop corruption I stop it from this second but now what about the other billions of people everybody can never be stopped no matter what you do. Coming to the second point of following rules everybody doesn't do that to and you should also know my friend Gandhi, Bhagat Singh and for the matter of fact (for T159) even Superman had opposing people. So corrupt people do the same oppose rules not even a Superman can stop entire corruption. Why don't people just accept this fact. Now for the third point even if people make an account in foreign countries for the sake of different rules and regulation of the two countries then why can't we expect the foreign money in the bank indian government can set up. even if the indians dont open up account in their own homeland other might. Well for me being corrupted or having black money in the bank I would just say "I'm 17" this would expain it better than anything else. And for your last part we are not here waiting for a movie type hero to stop all this we just want the Indian government to function according to the people they want it to be. If they can't stop corruption so do they need a bank for their black moey and if we are providing them this in India what the big deal. After all a country's economy is judged by how much money is in the country and not by whose money is in the country. And by mistake I missed one part of terrorists having the same money which leaders take from us. Well ask a corrupt leader to give you a 100 Rs. note and trust me he wont even if he's having a billion dollars in his swiss bank. And giving crores of rupees to terrorists are they nuts???
I hope you get my point so what do you think :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom