Is Gujarat really as developed as NaMo and the BJP claim?

lakeport

Banned
I live in UP, which is an extremely poor and backward place. However i am really curious about Gujarat, ever since i've heard of the claims made by Narendra Modi and the BJP. So tell me people from Gujarat or people who've been there, what is Gujarat like? Are there broken roads there? Do you people get clean drinking water and other facilities? Is it completely like the USA, in terms of infrastructure and civic amenities?

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Most of your questions (and much more than that) would be answered here

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/fight-clu...y-politics-religion-everything-under-sun.html

Hrishi

Been there , lived there , for 4-5 years. A peaceful place , I can say.
Development has been really good in past few years. Educational institutions have improved a lot.

Facilities are easily available too.

The only problem I ever had was related to Food. I somewhere feel that Gujarati people are not much health conscious. Other than that , it's an awesome state to live in. Very peaceful place.

Nevertheless , you won't be able to judje it unless you live in various states and see it for yourself.

The fact about Infrastructure and Development is true to a great extent and employement opportunities are lot.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
I live in UP, which is an extremely poor and backward place. However i am really curious about Gujarat, ever since i've heard of the claims made by Narendra Modi and the BJP. So tell me people from Gujarat or people who've been there, what is Gujarat like? Are there broken roads there? Do you people get clean drinking water and other facilities? Is it completely like the USA, in terms of infrastructure and civic amenities?

Gujarat is certainly better than UP. However, it is not like the USA. The roads usually are not broken but obviously you can't keep track immediately when roads wear out in some place. Infrastructure in tier 2 and tier 3 areas is usually better in Gujarat than other states that were in a similar situation about 5-6 years ago. In Ahmedabad air is cleaner than amader Kolkata-er and Delhi's.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
But Namo cleansed Gujarat of its blight and opened the doors for investors. Its the promise of stability that is luring even foreign investors to that state.

TheHumanBot

Padawan
I somewhere feel that Gujarati people are not much health conscious.

Gujarati's Live to eat not eat to live :lol:
this one is latest projects of NaMo see this

if you have money and planning to retire or a month for holidays go to Saurashtra side's villages. like sihore, khari, panchtalavada totally peaceful places and awesome home made food.

Last edited:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Gujarati's Live to eat not eat to live :lol:
this one is latest projects of NaMo see this

if you have money and planning to retire or a month for holidays go to Saurashtra side's villages. like sihore, khari, panchtalavada totally peaceful places and awesome home made food.

In about another 15 years Gujarat will meet Singapore in its productivity. I hope it happens for us also at least.

vijju6091

Feeling Gravity
I have been here in gujarat since my birth. and hell yeah it has been developing like hell for last decade and i have been in other states like orissa, MP and Mumbai. You can See difference quite clearly. so whatever Namo is claiming but He has made hell lot of changes in system of governance and they are quite visible when you interact with Government people.
I Love this place.:)

mastervk

In the zone
I have been to many cities in Gujarat and yes it is developed compared to states like UP or even other states.Even in rural areas and tier 2 cities roads are better. But none of the indian states can be compared to developed countries.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I have been to many cities in Gujarat and yes it is developed compared to states like UP or even other states.Even in rural areas and tier 2 cities roads are better. But none of the indian states can be compared to developed countries.

Being an Indian how can you say this buddy? The right leader is needed to jump start us. I hope the RIGHT LEADER comes to power in 2014.

sksundram

In the zone
Being an Indian how can you say this buddy? The right leader is needed to jump start us. I hope the RIGHT LEADER comes to power in 2014.

Being an Indian doesn't mean we have to run from facts. Yes, none of the states can be even remotely compared with any state of developed nations. And what could a Right Leader would do if we people are hell bent on not improvising ourself. This is totally offtopic. Just think

OP
lakeport

lakeport

Banned
nice.. sometimes i wish i was born i a better place like Gujarat or Goa.. my state is a massive shithole.. open sewage everywhere, rubbish on the streets, high crime rate, criminals supported by politicians:(

Hrishi

It's not just the govt. buddy that contributes to the development. People in Gujarat are having the mindset of that of a businessman. They have good business ideas , and work smart.

People there have a different mentality as compared to those in U.P. . I have found majority of people from there having a very rude , orthodox , narrow minded attitude.
In desi term "Jahil" is the word to describe them. They do wrong things , themselves and then play the blame game.

People there really need to grow up , look towards the west and learn something.

No offense , but that's the truth. I have come across many of them as I have spent long time in Delhi NCR.

Top Bottom