Is asking question about no-cd/no-dvd patch piracy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
I was suprised.My question was closed in game section. I didnt knew this is piracy..I am sorry if it is so!
I use original game cd/dvd and always use the no-cd/dvd patch to protect the cd/dvd from getting damaged!I buy games with such huge price and then what should i do to protect them from getting damaged?

shantanu

Technomancer
i think you should have PMed me for this ? i closed the thread.. and AFAIK companies give the DVD to be used just to protect the game from PIRACY.. and the No-CD patch/Crack is not officially issued by the Game company.. is it ? its a 3rd party thing and is not allowed officially.. ! you can provide me with the proof if i am wrong.. and i will re-open the thread :) , it is possible that i am wrong but IMO i am right ! so please provide me with any link or something that says it is right :)

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
It's not wrong to use a No-CD/DVD patch if you own the disc. Its legal to use them for the sake of protecting your disc and for avoiding hassles of popping the drives in and out repeatedly.

And as another alternative measure which is supposedly more legal, you can make an image out of your game CD/DVD and mount and use them, but a No-CD/DVD patch is the best way to do this and is perfectly legal if you own the game and if that particular crack doesn't circumvent disc key/registration requirements.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
the.kaushik, the problem is that you may legally own the game CDs but use the no-cd/dvd patch for protecting the media. however, many of those may read the thread and use the info for wrong reasons.

OP
the.kaushik

the.kaushik

QwertyManiac said:
It's not wrong to use a No-CD/DVD patch if you own the disc. Its legal to use them for the sake of protecting your disc and for avoiding hassles of popping the drives in and out repeatedly.

And as another alternative measure which is supposedly more legal, you can make an image out of your game CD/DVD and mount and use them, but a No-CD/DVD patch is the best way to do this and is perfectly legal if you own the game and if that particular crack doesn't circumvent disc key/registration requirements.
ya i know that and read somewhere but now i dont have time to search where.. anyways rules and regulation are first so what ever is right should be done! :) ya we can make image but games like nfs carbon and prince of persia you cant make image and play.. that also i tried.. :)

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Shantanu, yeah here's a take on it, if a link on such un-spoken topics matters a lot to you.

And if the game detects you got a cloner or something running, then the legality doesn't apply to it as the game (It's licenses) doesn't want you to do so. (An example would be Sims 2)

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
no-cd patches and using softwares like alcohol arent considered wrong coz they are mostly used as ways to protect ur cd .... even no-cd patch sites have a disclaimer saying that use our softwares only if u own an original copy :)

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
the.kaushik said:
ya i know that and read somewhere but now i dont have time to search where.. anyways rules and regulation are first so what ever is right should be done! :) ya we can make image but games like nfs carbon and prince of persia you cant make image and play.. that also i tried.. :)
You can make mini-images, they'd definitely work as they contain only the bytes specially used by the CD-Checker in the Game EXE (CD-Protection Emulation would work too).

You can find mini-images for a lot of games online as well, but you should own an original disc, to be perfectly legal. Which of course, many don't believe around here, at times. :)

But also, using a No-CD/DVD can cripple your game and perhaps even your system. So game-support can't help you with that, its at your own risk. :)

shantanu

Technomancer
ok no probs.. thread will be reopened.. and Qm : is a blog so trustable ? does EA says that it is legal ? well cutting the crap, thread reopened ! :)

OP
the.kaushik

the.kaushik

infra_red_dude said:
the.kaushik, the problem is that you may legally own the game CDs but use the no-cd/dvd patch for protecting the media. however, many of those may read the thread and use the info for wrong reasons.

Hi infra_red_dude i totally agree with you.. and then you should also agree with me that we should close all torrent related queries.. i came to know about daemonied.com from this forum and i used to download tons of movie from there (Piracy) .. :)
Ya and many other torrent sites also.. and i dont know how many friends over here in this forum downloads legal things from those torrent sites.. :)

No hard feeling friends! cheer!

thanx shantanu! Hope my problem over there gets solved! :)

Last edited:

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Of course the game company doesn't speak on it. They neither say its legal, nor illegal. But they do stop supporting as soon as you mention you're using a circumvent even if you have a legal key. Cause its not their problem you want to screw up your entertainment doing that, nor are the problems created by those measures under their scope of troubleshooting. They don't strip your license off for that. Maybe online-access yeah, for using trainers, cheats, etc.., but not entire-strip off.

shantanu

Technomancer
arguing on a baseless thing ! atleast this thread is not worth it ! and have a problem with me.. PM other mods or contact admins

closed

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom