iphone vs htc hd2

Status
Not open for further replies.

red dragon

Master troll
I am having this serious dilemma for sometime now,no one could give me a convincing answer.
Finally I have saved some money to buy a new phone(bye bye nokia 5800)
Which one of the following is a better option?
a.iphone 3g 16 GB,not 3gs(beyond my budget)
b.htc HD2
Mostly needed for officeworks(document viewing and editing),music and movies.Camera is not a priority,will be buying from kolkata.(any info on grey market price of iphone in kolkata will be of great help)
Finally budget 30k,not a penny more!!

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
mm Dude HD2 cost more than 40k

I have used both the phones HD2 and IPHONE 3GS..

Right now my phone is iPhone 3g..

HD2 : One of the best phone.. its display will make you slip and buy it.. it is one heck of a phone iPhone 3g is no comparison of it in terms of processing.. This phone is one of the best phone I have ever used.. it has got lots of roms and patches check out XDA.. the only problem I find is Windows 7 won't be compatible with it.. WTF M$...

It has got great hardware.. this is one complete package and will never let you down..

iPhone 3GS: You can get the 16 gb for 30-31k grey market.. This is pure beauty the feeling you get while using it can't be expressed it is one heck of a smartphone best touch the feeling is great.. great support by websites all over the world.. BEST GAMING PHONE.. and once it is jailbroken easily one of the best..

HD2 is more about hardware.. I didn't found the software part much interesting after using iPhone i can't adapt myself to windows phone much lol..

iPhone it is more about the software.. it just rocks... one of the best phone easily.. I find it to be the phone which is made just for my taste :)

if you are heavy modder get the HD2 it is a brilliant device with its beautiful screen and processing. ..

If you want fun every time you touch the phone then the iPhone is for you a real great satisfying phone..

the difference of price is around 5-6k between HD2 and iphone 3GS 32GIG.. and the 3GS 16GIG COST around 32k..

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I am having this serious dilemma for sometime now,no one could give me a convincing answer.
Finally I have saved some money to buy a new phone(bye bye nokia 5800)
Which one of the following is a better option?
a.iphone 3g 16 GB,not 3gs(beyond my budget)
b.htc HD2
Mostly needed for officeworks(document viewing and editing),music and movies.Camera is not a priority,will be buying from kolkata.(any info on grey market price of iphone in kolkata will be of great help)
Finally budget 30k,not a penny more!!

Go for HD2. It's multitasking capabilities make officework+ multimedia playback easier. HTC Sense UI and snapdragon makes is one of the best phones available in the market today. iphone 3G is nothing before this phone, though iphone 3GS can put up a fight to some extent.

OP
red dragon

red dragon

Master troll
Thanks krates & desii,I may get an one week used hd2 for 30k,shall I go for it?
@krates,buddy ,are you from kolkata?if yes,do you know the price of unlocked iphone 3g 16 gb,[not 3gs]

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
if you are getting a week old HD2 for 30k then just go for it... iPhone 3g 16gb you can get for max 21k for a month old new unlocked iphone cost 26k and the 3gs 16gb cost around 30k

Remember if you get the iPhone check that is it not on firmware 3.1.3 as it can't be unlocked as of now and don't update it even..

unlock and JB via blackrain

But I highly recommend getting a 3GS instead of 3G..

I am not from kolkata though...
or get a second hand 3g for around 21k it is an awesome phone..

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
if you are getting a week old HD2 for 30k then just go for it... iPhone 3g 16gb you can get for max 21k for a month old new unlocked iphone cost 26k and the 3gs 16gb cost around 30k

Remember if you get the iPhone check that is it not on firmware 3.1.3 as it can't be unlocked as of now and don't update it even..

unlock and JB via blackrain

But I highly recommend getting a 3GS instead of 3G..

I am not from kolkata though...
or get a second hand 3g for around 21k it is an awesome phone..

Totally agree with Krates. Go for that HD2 but do make sure that it is covered under warranty in India and that everything is proper. As Krates said, don't get iphone that has 3.1.3 firmware. It can't be unlocked yet.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
The hd2 does not have Indian warranty,so it is not an option anymore,how is omnia 2?

Dude. HD2 is officially available in India.

*www.htc.com/in/product/hd2/overview.html
*www.htc.com/in/where_to_buy.aspx
*www.univercell.in/mobiles/displayMobileDetails

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^When you are getting brand new HD2 with support for 34k-35k, why to worry about second hand (though 1 week).

Omnia II should cost 28k-30k. But believe me, it stands no chance when put up against HD2 and gets beaten in every department. Not to forget the Snapdragon chipset on HD2 which is right now the best in the market!

OP
red dragon

red dragon

Master troll
Thanks for the information bond,so what do I do buddy?my budget is strictly 30k,I cannot stretch it any further,should I go for iphone then?

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
if you can get the HD2 for 30k just get it

next is if you don't find any HD2 look for iPhone 3gs 16 GB

you might get it

else go and get the iPhone 3G

Get a second hand it is a better option..

sbhas2k

Broken In
what is the price of iphone 3g 8gb(not 3gs) as well as 16gb in the grey market.

Is factory unlocked iphone available in india?

OP
red dragon

red dragon

Master troll
Thanks a lot both krates an bond.So I am going for the hd2.Thanks again for bearing with me and my stupid questions.

OP
red dragon

red dragon

Master troll
Why not mate?symbian is not an option,no android device with a screen bigger than 3.7 inch is available,so winmobile is the only option left,I am no winmo fanboy though.

OP
red dragon

red dragon

Master troll
Bought the hd2 today,luckily got an almost new one with valid papers,only 2 days used for 30k.Oh!man it is an awesome phone,the screen is gorgeous,watched dark knight trailer in it,much better than my previous 5800,and the best part is htc has done a great job in skinning the ugly winmo 6.5 with sense u.i,only defects I could find till now are 1.the battery could have been better,have not tested properly yet,but a 1200 Mhz is a tad weak for such a GIANT screen. 2.htc should have provided a scratch guard for the screen,it is really difficult to find one in the market 3.a lens cover would have been great.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom