iPhone or iPod touch? Help me decide

What should I buy?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
+1 for Cowon A3 :)

Also, get global warranty enabled for that so that you can take the player to India service centre too (which I don't think will happen) :)

But please stay away from the Touch. That's only for looks.

Don't belive in your eyes. Believe in your mind :)

Last edited:
OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
More or less it's confirmed that I may not go for iPod Touch! But I wanted to check if Cowon A3 will be very bulky? I heard weight will be three pounds! So I guess we can't carry that around as easily. Time is running out man! My friend called me yesterday and asked me to decide coz it will take some time to get it shipped to his place. I find the product only in newegg.com and amazon the remaining sites don't list it.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^^ what?? 3 pounds??

dude, it weights 280gms (30Gb). That 3 pounds might be the weight of the entire package (manuals, cables etc).

280gms means around 0.6 pound.

ask your friend to call nearby buy.com store or circuit city and enquire the availability or he can order at Amazon/newegg but make that he doesn't order refurbished or second hand product.

Last edited:
OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
I checked with him already, he told he has best buy and circuit city nearby to his house. I guess he may have to order online from either Amazon or newegg. Any idea how to check if it has a global warranty? I think I have to tell him to go ahead with it! Do I have to tell him specific not to get a refurbished one? I thought that it is implied! Anyways now I have to ask him to check from wherever he can get it.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Refurbished products will be tagged accordingly.

Better get the 60Gb edition as there's only 40$ difference between the two.

*www.amazon.com/COWON-A3-60SL-Porta...1?ie=UTF8&s=audio-video&qid=1206953913&sr=1-1

You can check with Lipap systems to find out how to get global warranty enabled:

Lipap Systems Pvt. Ltd.
A-213, Virwani Industrial Estate,
W.E.Highway,
Goregoan (East),
Mumbai

+91-22-28743457, 28759382,

email: iaudio@lipap.com

Also get Shure E2C earphones along with that player.

*www.amazon.com/Shure-E2c-n-Sound-I...2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1206954418&sr=1-2

or else you can buy Creative EP-630 in India for Rs. 800 (approx)

one more serious advice. If he is going to buy the product in the store, ask him to open the pack before the store's employee (after paying bill) and check the package content.

Last edited:
OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
I have decide to go with the 60 GB one. I already have Creative EP 630. Do you think I need to go for anything better? Why did you ask to check him the contents of package with the shopkeeper?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
EP-630 should be enough.

Sometimes, buyers are getting either empty or filled-with-garbage instead of the actual stuff inside. That is why I have asked for a thorough check of content. Even in India, when I buy some electronics item, I check if package content printed on the box is present inside or not. One or twice, some cable/CD used to be missing and the shopkeeper gave me new pack :)

Just to be on safeside. Coz, once you leave the premises, the store will not take responsibiliy of missing content.

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
^^+1 . I read an article where a girl picked up two iPod Touches, only to find both boxes filled with stones. That, my friend, is harsh.

girish.g

respect mah authoritah!!
i also read that article and that was ipod video not ipod touch. this happened in USA to a teenage girl.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
This is kind of put off man! In that case I can't gift it to anyone if I want to! Anyways it's better if we check it rather than gifting an empty box!

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Hi Everyone! I have received bad news! My friend will not be travelling any more to India. He has dropped the plans to come over to India! I guess have to wait for some more time!

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I checked that 160 GB iPod classic is $249. What's the difference between iPod Classic and Cowon?

ipod classic to Cowon A3 is what ipod nano is to ipod touch.

That much difference there is between these two. cowon a3 is better than ipod touch and ipod touch is better than ipod classic.

Reason why ipod touch is better than ipod classic

1) Bigger and much better screen
2) Better video quality
3) Thin size
4) internet access and youtube video download and playback

But the main disadvantage is it's cost.

why cowon a3 is better than ipod classic:

1) 2x size of display
2) video and audio format of ipod classic is way behind that of A3
3) direct dvd copy and playback
4) crispy video and audio quality
5) lot of accessories provided in the kit.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I, for one, would suggest an iPod touch over the Cowon but then again, I own an iPhone, love it and am completely biased in favour of it, so you might not want to bank on my recommendation. :)

Pathik

Google Bot
I, for one, would suggest an iPod touch over the Cowon but then again, I own an iPhone, love it and am completely biased in favour of it, so you might not want to bank on my recommendation. :)
When did you get an iPhone? Weren't you going to get it only after it was officially launched in India?

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
What would be the least price for which I will get an iPod Touch 8 GB in India? I enquired in Reliance Apple iStore, it's cost was around 16k. Would I get it for lesser price from other cities like Delhi or Bangalore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom