Iphone 5 India priceing & launch ?

randomuser111

Technomancer
Guys, anybody know what the price is gonna be for a 32/64GB IP5 in India ? Also when is it expected to launch ? The benchmark numbers of the IP5 have tempted me so much that I can't resist buying an IP5 now :p

There are a few FU IP5s available right now on Ebay but they are priced ridiculously high - 89990 for 16gb, 99900 for 32 gb and 1,09,990 for 64gb LOL.

But I believe the prices will go down 2-3 weeks on these units once the supply increases, so I was wondering do these come with International Warranty ? Or will I be stuck with "dealer warranty only" ?

Also what services will NOT work in India apart from the maps ? I am not selling my Xperia S, so I don't really care about the maps issue.

pratyush997

Inactive
*d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/5426702_700b_v1.jpg
Owner trolled. :p
BTW it should be priced under 50k for 16 gig.... and IP5 will come in INDIA in third wave AFAIK so by Diwali..

Last edited:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
In all possibilities I see it to be above 40k initiall atleast. But yeah the lesser the price the better
Apple woud take into consideration the price of SG SIII. So expect fireworks :wink:

pratyush997

Inactive
even if its 50k in india Fanboys gonna buy it.. Loyal Costumers Pays loyal Fees...I'm in hunt for a Giveaway :p yeah...>40k seems a bit cheap for it..how abt .46k ?

OP
randomuser111

randomuser111

Technomancer
Hmmmm. I'm fine upto 60k for the 64GB version, not a penny more. Even 60 is a bit TOO much but the upper(actually extreme) limit of "acceptable".

@Pratyush997

What kind of giveaway you lookin for ? I might wanna join you :p

aroraanant

Explorer
Iphone 5 will be available in India for around 50k considering the price of iphone 4S right now is 45k.And I think it will be here around sometime in or near december.

Flash

Lost in speed
Consolidated Pricings here -

Apple iPhone 5 available online in India, starts at Rs. 54,990 - Mobile Phone | ThinkDigit News

digitalkerala

Broken In
If you have friends or relatives in Australia, then you can buy an unlocked international version of iphone 5 16GB for 750 AUD (roughly 40,500 INR) through kogan(dot)com. I know plenty of people in India, who have out sourced iphone 4 & 4s, Samsung Gnote, S2, S3 at a very competitive price from Australia through kogan without any issues (but via their relatives or friends staying in australia).

Though kogan is importing grey smart phones & gadgets to Australia , their background is with reputation as a leading manufactures of TV & home appliances locally (similarly to our Videocon). Also kogan provides dealer warranty that is believed by australians as better than any manufacturer warranty. Without any question they always replace your phone (or any gadget) in case of manufacturing faults during the first 12 months. Yes, you won’t get refurbished products as replacement, but brand new box package of same products. With couple of extra $$, u can also get extended warranty.

Iphone 5 (16 GB) @ 40,500/-
Samsung SGS3 (16gb) @ 27,000/- , these prices are unbelievable even for a grey product. Refer their site, price keep on changing every week.

Many Australian forums say, kogan have pre-ordered 200 thousand units of iphone 5 in the first week of pre order at a special rate from apple (which is supposed to be below 400us$) and through their legal way of importing this to Australia avoiding taxes , they were able to legally sell this grey products at a very competitive price there.

Note: Just sharing the info for people looking for cheaper source of iphone 5. I’m not promoting this site, lol. Better you can refer some aussie forums or enquire your friends & network in aussie for authentication of kogan.

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
iPhone 5 is expected to launch close to Diwali. I think the pricing will be same as iPhone 4S, if not then getting it from USA is the best option.

Flash

Lost in speed
iPhone 5 is expected to launch close to Diwali. I think the pricing will be same as iPhone 4S, if not then getting it from USA is the best option.

No. iP5 costs more than iP4s atleast for few months.
BTW, most of the iOS6-fancy-features are not usable/applicable for India.

iOS 6 users in India will miss some key features, but plenty to cheer | NDTV Gadgets

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
My opinion. There is not plenty enough to justify buying an iPhone 5, unless you are a hardcore fan of Apple and can't live without their latest gadget. Better wait for 5s, we all know Apple's release schedule and that 5 will be missing many features of 5s, though very much capable.

Flash

Lost in speed
5S ?
I thought iPhone 4S itself is the short form of 'iPhone 4 Steve' :lol:

Now, they've to name as iPhone 5T (iPhone fight) :lol:

aroraanant

Explorer
My opinion. There is not plenty enough to justify buying an iPhone 5, unless you are a hardcore fan of Apple and can't live without their latest gadget. Better wait for 5s, we all know Apple's release schedule and that 5 will be missing many features of 5s, though very much capable.

You suggesting to wait for a year more!!!!

I won't recommend that.

Top Bottom