iphone 3G queris.... please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ironfreak

Journeyman
1) is it possible to unlock 3G model ?

2) can we jailbreak 3G model ?

3) is 3G available in grey market across India ? for how much ?

4) if not, then 2G fresh piece available ? what price ?

Any G??? :D What other G is there?
I think [like the mac in macbooks n stuff] once the phone is locked to a provider, it is legally binding on the person to use that provider, unlocking the phone to use other providers is thus illegal

pickster

Professional Layabout.
how about the contract free iphone 3G available in Hong Kong?
you can order one there from Apple's site and it ships without any binding contract.
oh, and it works with any carrier worldwide.

*store.apple.com/hk/browse/home/shop_iphone/family/iphone?mco=MTE2NTQ
8GB - 5400 Hong Kong dollars = 34 518.0089 Indian rupees
16GB - 6200 Hong Kong dollars = 39 631.788 Indian rupees

i know. VERY expensive.

OP
ironfreak

ironfreak

Journeyman
how about the contract free iphone 3G available in Hong Kong?
you can order one there from Apple's site and it ships without any binding contract.
oh, and it works with any carrier worldwide.

*store.apple.com/hk/browse/home/shop_iphone/family/iphone?mco=MTE2NTQ
8GB - 5400 Hong Kong dollars = 34 518.0089 Indian rupees
16GB - 6200 Hong Kong dollars = 39 631.788 Indian rupees

i know. VERY expensive.

man this is damn costly !!! is 3G available in grey market India ? doesn't matter if its unlocked as there are millions of threads to help......!

someone pls reply yaar....

Last edited:

Pat

Beyond Smart
1) is it possible to unlock 3G model ?

2) can we jailbreak 3G model ?

3) is 3G available in grey market across India ? for how much ?

4) if not, then 2G fresh piece available ? what price ?

1. You can use *sim (hardware) methods to unlock but they are not reliable. Software unlock for iPhone 3G is not available yet.

2. Yes

3. Yes (It varies a lot, but the difference between official price and grey market price will be so little that you would be better-off buying it officially with warranty. )

4. New 2G iPhones are very difficult to find anywhere. But you may get lucky. Even used 2G iPhones are not so easy to find. A used iPhone 2G sells for somewhere around 17k.

gauravsuneja

macaddict
pat is right .better get a new iphone 3g from outside and use rebel sim card to unlock it .better do with hardware unlock .software unlock is costly and once u upgrade the firmware umm it get locked again

OP
ironfreak

ironfreak

Journeyman
Ohhh ok ok..... byt we can't forward msgs right ??? Ist here any way to do that in 3g model ?
And hey whats difference betn "jailbreaking" and "soft unlock" ?

pickster

Professional Layabout.
jailbreaking is the process of.. umm.. hacking (for the lack of a better word) to allow installation of third party applications on the iphone. but it will still be unlocked to the particular carrier it is bound by contract with.

unlocking, as the name suggests, is a process by which you can use a sim card of any gsm carrier with the iphone.
and software unlocking is unlocking the phone with just software manipulation without any hardware modifications.

Pat

Beyond Smart
there is one third party software which can do this SMSD for forwarding smses

SMSD is not available for firmwares 2.x and greater. If you are on a jailbroken iPhone, there are some options to do that. Not sure if its possible on a virgin iPhone.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Ohk here is my list of questions:

Note: All questions are based on the fact that a Vista machine with Office 2007 will be used.

1. Can I configure a POP3 account on the iPhone and have emails pushed to the iPhone?
  2. Can I sync Outlook (Office 2007) with the iPhone for mails to get them transferred to the iPhone automatically?
  3. Is the sync 1-way or happens both ways?
  4. Considering the option to forward SMS is not there, is the option to forward emails there?
  5. How can I view Word/Excel/Powerpoint/PDF attachments on the iPhone?
  6. Can I edit Word/Excel/Powerpoint files on the iPhone?
  7. If I get myself a MobileMe account, can I upload images to the gallery on the fly?
Thank you.

@goobi: where the f is my requested article?

Someone? No one? Any one?

Last edited:

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
Ohk here is my list of questions:

Note: All questions are based on the fact that a Vista machine with Office 2007 will be used.

1. Can I configure a POP3 account on the iPhone and have emails pushed to the iPhone?
  2. Can I sync Outlook (Office 2007) with the iPhone for mails to get them transferred to the iPhone automatically?
  3. Is the sync 1-way or happens both ways?
  4. Considering the option to forward SMS is not there, is the option to forward emails there?
  5. How can I view Word/Excel/Powerpoint/PDF attachments on the iPhone?
  6. Can I edit Word/Excel/Powerpoint files on the iPhone?
  7. If I get myself a MobileMe account, can I upload images to the gallery on the fly?
Thank you.

@goobi: where the f is my requested article?

Someone? No one? Any one?

1. You can set up a POP3 account but mails will not be "pushed", they will be "fetched".

2,3. Not sure. I think sync is 1-way only.

4. Yes you can forward mails.

5. Yes you can.

6. No you can not. AFAIK, no app for it yet.

7. Only one image can be uploaded at a time.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Thanks, also if say i am typing a SMS and press the home button, what happens? Does the entire thing get lost or I can continue from where i left?

Pat

Beyond Smart
Thanks, also if say i am typing a SMS and press the home button, what happens? Does the entire thing get lost or I can continue from where i left?

All Apple Apps can run in the background. So yes, you can continue from where you left. Even if it is not running in background, I reckon Text app saves the state when you press the Home button. In any case, you will not lose the text that you had already typed before pressing the Home button.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Is there any way by which i can get POP3 pushed to the phone? Also questions 2 & 3.

@Ankur, 1 at a time? Can I select multiple images and they will be uploaded automatically?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom