IPB legal Or Not

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhinav

Journeyman
Hello Guyz

I wanted to know how can we find i someone is using a Legal version of Invision Power Board or not.

and how can we protest against that person if he is not using the Legal one.
and a pirated one.

Is there any method to check
and also
is there any free version available?

rajas700

Youngling
U must know the software detail's throughly then only u can find that it's a pirated one.In some case's it may be easy for example windows xp u can check it online whether it's is legal or not.so it's is diffcult to find it unless u are an expert in the particular software.And i dont feel no software avaliable one if so it may find only one type of program dose it legal or not..

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
rajas700 said:
U must know the software detail's throughly then only u can find that it's a pirated one.In some case's it may be easy for example windows xp u can check it online whether it's is legal or not.so it's is diffcult to find it unless u are an expert in the particular software.And i dont feel no software avaliable one if so it may find only one type of program dose it legal or not..

Firstly, rajas you are spamming here...

@abhinav.. go to the admin panel and check the links back to ipb... if the links are proper and they lead to the ipb site.. then yes, it is a legal copy. But, 2 people sharing a single legal copy is also considered illegal.

The last un-restricted free version of ipb was 2.0.0. If you have it, then you can use it freely.

Deep

Version 2.0
rajas700 said:

IF I SEE YOU SPAMMING AGAIN WITH YOUR USELESS ADVICE AND POSTS THEN I WILL BAN YOU 101%

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
mail2and said:
The last un-restricted free version of ipb was 2.0.0. If you have it, then you can use it freely.
That was for a "limited period" only. IPB made that paid within hours, all those who downloaded in that time, got un-restricted free version of IPB was 2.0.0.

Still I am confused Anand :|
Deep say if I am correct or not.

Deep

Version 2.0
No, I think free version was out there for quite sometime and then they made it paid from 2.0.1

Regards,
Deep

drgrudge

Yeah whatever.. so they changed the version..
So 2.0.0 was available for a few hours till changed to 2.0.1. And that (2.0.0) was un-restricted version.

drgrudge

Ohh.. are you sure? I think I read somewhere at Neowin that it was available for a few hours.. around 16-18 hrs. But I was not sure abt the 2.0.0/2.0.1 and now thats cleared :d

Anand, I told you naa? :p

srijit

Broken In
@mail2and : if i am a regular user at a site suspected of running a nulled version of IPB, i am not gonna get access to the admin panel, am I?
usually if properly registered, it will say at the bottom of the site registered to so and so.
other than that, it can be difficult. remember a registered owner may have removed that link so you cant be sure.

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
srijit said:
@mail2and : if i am a regular user at a site suspected of running a nulled version of IPB, i am not gonna get access to the admin panel, am I?
usually if properly registered, it will say at the bottom of the site registered to so and so.
other than that, it can be difficult. remember a registered owner may have removed that link so you cant be sure.

hehe.. even nulled versions mention that it is registered to so and so.

the usual way of identifying a nulled blog is link-backs to IPB at various places in the "user" control panel and even at the bottom of the board..

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
drgrudge said:
Ohh.. are you sure? I think I read somewhere at Neowin that it was available for a few hours.. around 16-18 hrs. But I was not sure abt the 2.0.0/2.0.1 and now thats cleared :d

Anand, I told you naa? :p

grudgy that is what I have been telling you..

2.0.1 was NEVER free... it was paid right from the start...

2.0.0 was free for a few days....

srijit

Broken In
are you sure that nulled version displays reg info? cos i cudnt find any links at the bottom of the page. although i didnt check the user CP, the admin CP is offlimits so no probs there.
disclaimer: dont ask me for it. am just testing the admin cp and will delete it afterwards :)

OP
A

abhinav

Journeyman
Well is it that if its original then it has copyrights notice like:

Invision Power Board v2.1.1 © 2005 IPS, Inc.
Licensed to: Someone

is it the right way of judging.

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
no.. as I said before even nulled versions show the "Registered To" tag... the correct way to jusge is to check links on the site which lead to IPS website. If those links are ok and lead to the IPS site, the version of IPB is more likely to be legit.

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
yes... but a person may pay for copyright removal too.. in such a case.. it is next to impossible to know whether it is legal or not.. contact ipb and ask if you have any doubt abt any board ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom