Intex To Launch Rs. 5500 Android Phone

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
Move over HTCs and Samsungs. If you want to experience Android at a price that doesn't burn your whole wardrobe, Intex is here to help you.

To counter cheap Android phones launched by Micromax, Intex has announced that it will launch 5500 worth Android operating handsets during first week of February 2011. The phone is expected to have a 3.2 Megapixel camera, a 2.8-inch resistive touchscreen, Wi-Fi and GPS which is not bad at all (at this price). And yes, it will run Froyo.

More information and source here.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Micromax = rebranded ZTE.
Spice = rebranded Huawei.
Intex = rebranded ............. some cheap chinese company that will never release an update.

but apart from bad service from the manufacturer (whomever you blame, Intex or its OEM), the screen won't be of good quality (accuracy), neither will be battery. those who strictly wants Android "only", should go for these sub 8k mobiles. other i feel are better off with Nokia 523*.

vishurocks

Journeyman
Yes totally agreed. Android on a resistive screen is nothing to cheer about. Never expect a good performance and satisfaction compared to phone like galaxy 5 and galaxy 3. Instead of making phones cheap, why these brands are not focusing on making these more usable

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
we being in touch of technology knows what is resistive screen & what differnce a capacitive screen brings to the usage. so we usually buy 10k+ Androids else go for the below 10k budget smartphones. but the majority don't have any clear idea about it.

if you watch TV you would have came across the Andro A60 ad. whats advertised there? just a mobile that doesn't looks good at all. with a narrow base, which will make it slip out of hand every now & then. only thing mentioned there is, its powered by Android. which version? whats the usefulness of Android. nothings given.

so these kind of phones are for the first time smartphone users. only after using for sometime they'll come to know of their mistake.

OP
gagan007

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
maybe you are not getting the point here...

firstly I do not think A60 slips out of hands of normal users...atleast did not happen with me when I picked it up...can't say people having loose grip.

Now, why is it good to have such cheaper options having Android OS because clearly it has ability to surpass all other OSes in not so distant future. And if people are made aware of this OS or atleast they get to taste it, may be not in its full glory, I think it will be good enough. Nokia is not market leader because of its flagship/high end phones, but because it sells millions of pieces of cheaper phones specially in developing countries.

This news may not excite all expert users like you, but for a normal user or a college-goer (from an average middle class family) this is definitely a good news.

In my very personal opinion, I would hate to spend over 20K of my hard earned money on a device which will definitely get outdated in 2 years.

utkarsh009

In the zone
yah gagan you are true. but again if you opt to buy cheaper android phones, you may have to replace it with a newer one soon as these companies do not offer any updates. also, because of their cheaper price, don't expect the battery an build quality to be good. when i went to purchase optimus one p500, the shopkeeper was explaining to some other customer that if the phone gets damaged it may just become unrepairable. so it totally depends on you whether you want to continue with the same phone for several years or dump it in just a year or two!!!!!!!!!!!

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
yes. for the middle class or the collage students, it'll be a good mobile to show off. mayn't beat the Nokia's budget touchscreen in terms of quality or performance but Android OS + 3G & WiFi (if its available) will put the Nokia's to shame. but for a day to day use, i think the Nokia & Samsungs are better (rugged mobile & better sound quality).

though the Andro A60 has excellent battery life (read in review).

rsk11584

Journeyman
Cheap does not mean its not worthy, an andorid phone worth 5500 with wifi gps is a sure good deal,, ;)

Can you tell that CD 100 is not a good bike just because its cheap than karizma. Technology has got lots of options depends on how people view it, mostly people try to get most out of things for which they pay. Also not everyone is tech savy and worried about those technical features they just need a mobile phone....

azzu

AJJU
@gagan ..+2 for what u said...
@utkarsh. no continues updatesfrm cheap mobile brands right..
but i may say that 50% of smart phone users dont update their phone's once (software).and about the battery life and build quality once check andro a60 live .
@sam.sahab..andro os+wifi+3g is quite enuff for students , and about the build quality plz once check a60 live..
and there are many Chinese ( indian branded) mobile's with better build quality than nokia x2

@rsk115 .. +33
:D

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Andro60's only +ve point is its battery. & 2.8" screen that also resistive, it'll give anyone a hard time typing.

azzu

AJJU
Andro60's only +ve point is its battery. & 2.8" screen that also resistive, it'll give anyone a hard time typing.
andro os + wifi+gps+3g+600mhz proccy+3.2mp AF cam = at 6.7k in my terms is VFM..
u cant expect everything in such a low budget..,,,
its like dreaming samsung gal 3 for 6k ( possible ? ) ?

Top Bottom