Ok, had a quick chat with CMD, BSNL and here's our interview:

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2295/2233343888_54f5d31e96_o.jpg

Rockstar11

Technomancer
hello guys
yaar yaha pe internet 3 hours ke liye bandh ho gaya tha... :(:(:(
mujhe laga gaya internet.. ab shayad 15-20 days ke baad hi milega...:(

lekin net phir se chala pada.. lol
aap sab ko phir se dekh kar achha laga.. :D and yes speed bhi mast mil rahi hai.. :D

@drgrudge
hey kool work hehehehe :lol:

sandeepk

Journeyman
I didn't face any problems in speed with my Tata Indicom connection in Pune in last 2 days. Speed is very stable and ping is also normal. Also I didn't faced any problems with thinkdigit.com site also... :):)

praka123

left this forum longback
Just read in news paper that the reason for OFCs destructed due to ship's anchoring near egypt Sues canal.

adi007

Youngling
My college net seems to work fine here..
Yeterday there was little problem...
BTW the lines were cut in Egypt...why it's affecting us ?:confused:
moreover why it's affecting only certain countries and their ISP's...?:confused:
And most important thing is how they are going to repair..?:confused:
how they will find where the cable is broken..?:confused:
why they use cables for such a long distance..can't they use satellites or any other wireless ways..?:confused:

din

Tribal Boy
@drgrudge

The cartoon was sooo cool. Rwllay funny :D

@adi007

Upload is a pain using satellite.
There are many cable networks. For example, it didn't affect Cochin (we have FLAG and another reaches here) while Mumbai / Pune affected severly - as the undersea cable is different there. That explains why some countries / secions affected most.

How the repair ? lol, good question. I was also thinking about that.

nvidia

-----ATi-----
Cable damage nettles netizens
DH News Service, Bangalore:

Mails moved at a snail's pace in the IT City on Thursday, thanks to snags in Internet connectivity following damage to two undersea cables in the Mediterranean Sea.

Several Internet users in the City complained of slow browsing and cyber cafes faced connectivity problems. The problem, which surfaced in the wee hours of Thursday, continued till evening.

“Internet connectivity was poor as it was on and off for most part of the day before limping back to normalcy by around 8:30 pm. The service providers put the blame on damage to undersea cables,” said Zulfikar, owner of an Internet parlour on Brigade Road.

The Internet Service Providers Association too confirmed that there wa
Ts a slowdown and a 50 to 60 per cent cut in bandwidth.
Read more

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
My internet never disappered but it went slow. But then again, at least I was able to chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom