Internet services in India and Egypt disrupted

Status
Not open for further replies.

praka123

left this forum longback
Bangalore,Bombay seems not affected :evil:

First thing this bsnl dupes should do is to move their central server(NIB) from B'lore to Cochin or Chennai or Calcutta or some coastal cities(Cochin preferred due to the landing of most undersea cables) :evil: what is the use of setting up central server in a hill?for slow speeds to other parts of India ?

din

Tribal Boy
@praka123

Consider ourself as lucky !!

One of my friends from pune called in the morning to ask me whether internet is up here. I told him yes but slow. He said almost all major comapnies there in pune are affected, internet is fully down in that area. They have VSNL and Reliance backup, but everything down. Hes not online til lnow, so I guess its not ok there yet.

We have something atleast, I man slow internet lol.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
for me, the foreign sites/forums... work fine, but indian sites, like thinkdigit... are dead slow, using proxy.

now rapidshare speed is dead:x

was d/lin @80KBps till 4pm

nvidia

-----ATi-----
I wanted to download Java for firefox.. Usually downloads are 250-300+kbps on my connection.. Now its less than 10Kbps :|:|:|:|:|:|

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
I was also wondering what happened to BSNL. Till Wednesday, I was getting blindingly fast downloads. From Wednesday it has not crossed 25-26 KB/ps. Also there is a palpable slowness in browsing. Surprisingly when I did broadband speed test it showed me near about 2MB/ps. Can't comprehend. Seems we have to put up with this for the next 10-15 days.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Sify has officially notified every customer.We got the notification immediately after my brother connected his sify unlimited 1100 (256Kbps)net today.I have noticed that sify's customer care is very prompt and helpful.We didn't call them when after we asked for the BB connection.The servicemen here were forced to give connection within 4 days after Republic day.Customer service is also available on Sundays.
The notification said that due to breakage of underground sea cable we might experience slow speeds when browsing sites from servers located in other countries.
Digit's forum is not located on a server in India.

sachin_kothari

Ambassador of Buzz
I was facing this problem yesterday, morning it was fine and now its slow again. It will take around a week for repair works, so no downloading till then.

din

Tribal Boy
ISP association guy (in rediff site and other news sites) said 15 to 20 days !!!!

Not sure whether its true.

din

Tribal Boy
"The repair will take another 15-20 days," Internet Service Providers Association of India president Rajesh Chharia said. Although repair teams have rushed to the Egyptian coast to fix the problem and a 'low grade' service is likely to be activated soon.

From

*www.rediff.com/money/2008/jan/31net.htm

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
DataOne / TATA (Broadband) / Sify (Broadband) is running here, at Kolkata... how ever speed is dead slow :lol: Sify cant open BSNL hosted sites (opening slow) where as BSNL cant open (opening slow) Sify hosted sites :lol:

TATA vs BSNL seems fine :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom