Internet Explorer 7 Crashes on starting a download

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocker

Broken In
guyz IE7 crashes whenever i start a new download... me using Vista Ultimate. I tried to reset IE but it didn't work... i also tried running no addon mode.. it didn't help too... plz help me... i do not want to use some download manager to download small files...plz HELP!!!!

Last edited:

swatkat

Technomancer
Hmmm... Try doing an update ( IE7 > Tools Menu > Windows Update ), or try alternate browsers!

Liggy

Is actually a real word..
swatkat said:
Hmmm... Try doing an update ( IE7 > Tools Menu > Windows Update ), or try alternate browsers!
if that don't work try going to actual microsoft site and checking for updates. or uninstall IE7 and redownload IE6 and get all updates for it.

OP
R

rocker

Broken In
i don't think we can uninstall IE7 on Vista...
and IE6 cannot be installed on Vista...so i think that post was just to increase the number of posts..!!!Liggy don't spam...

AshishSharma

Livin' in the ghetto
If it crashed in Safe mode (no add-on) as well, then I would count out IE as the culprit. Try disabling all non-microsoft services and applications and then try downloading ....
[Msconfig-> Services-> Hide all microosft services-> disabled all-> Startup -> Disable all -> Restart ]
And as usual do scan your computer for possible Virus and malware infections.

*GandaBerunda*

Drool!...Vista
if u havent tried it then try this..
start ie7 in safe mode by going to run and keying in

iexplore -extoff

(even the space after "e" in iexplore is needed)
then try to download a file , if it works then i think there is some problem with your addons..go to tools>>Manage addons>>Enable or diable addons>> and disable the addons one after the other and test in normal mode after disabling each addon...this should give u the culprit addon...just remove it and everything should be fine

OP
R

rocker

Broken In
ah no prob dudes... thanks for your help.. i reinstalled Vista... coz it became a little slow.. took abt 45 seconds to boot up... it generally took 30 seconds...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom