Internal Storage for OS & DATA

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
Hi,
My old Seagate 500GB SATA HDD is almost run out of space.
So,I need a new internal storage for my desktop.
Which brand & model should I chose ?
Budget is not much but 3K.
Don't want too spend too much on HDD cos they are neither reliable nor gonna last long.
Confused between Seagte,WD,Blue,black,Greed,Purple,RED etc.
Model names also confused me a lot.
32MB Cache or 64MB Cache ?
Pls mention Model No with suggestion.
I will online or offline(Chandni,Kolkata) which ever gonna be cheaper for me.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Greens are for eco-oriented folks who want less power consumption
Blues are your standard vanilla drives
Reds are performance oriented drives that spin at variable rates
Blacks are for enthusiasts willing to shell out a premium
WD Cavair Green/Red/Blue/Black Difference [Solved] - Hard Drives - Storage

64MB Cache is better than 32MB.

OP
Revolution

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
Thanks!
Got it.
Then I need to go with Blue & 64.
But,WD or Seagate ?
Is there a huge price different ?
If not then which one should I go for ?
I will not ask about reliability cos there is no such thing for HDD but sure I prefer better after-sale service/warranty coverage.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Thanks!
Got it.
Then I need to go with Blue & 64.
But,WD or Seagate ?
Is there a huge price different ?
If not then which one should I go for ?
I will not ask about reliability cos there is no such thing for HDD but sure I prefer better after-sale service/warranty coverage.
This WD Caviar Blue 1TB:
*i.imgur.com/SrPWCPn.png

Price Link:WD Blue WD10EZEX 1 TB Internal Hard Drive - WD : Flipkart.com
Local Price:3.5k

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

Go for WD. Good after sales service.

Always backup data in an external drive. Better if you keep 2 backup drives.

DK_WD

WD Official
Hi,
My old Seagate 500GB SATA HDD is almost run out of space.
So,I need a new internal storage for my desktop.
Which brand & model should I chose ?
Budget is not much but 3K.
Don't want too spend too much on HDD cos they are neither reliable nor gonna last long.
Confused between Seagte,WD,Blue,black,Greed,Purple,RED etc.
Model names also confused me a lot.
32MB Cache or 64MB Cache ?
Pls mention Model No with suggestion.
I will online or offline(Chandni,Kolkata) which ever gonna be cheaper for me.

Hi [MENTION=39710]Revolution[/MENTION],

For more information regarding the WD color difference, Please refer the link below:

*www.digit.in/forum/pc-components-c...e-designing-below-50-000-inr.html#post2252007

Based on your requirement, I’d suggest you to go with the WD Blue drive. The WD Blue drive is use of normal computing, daily use drives, solid performance and budget drive. WD Blue HDD models are available from 250GB to 1TB.

Hope it helps

DK_WD

WD Official
Thank guys!
I will got with WD Blue 1TB then...

For your information, the WD product warranty starts from the manufacture date. If you have registered the WD product online, then the warranty starts from the date of purchase. I’d suggest you, after buying the product, just register your product with us.

For more information about WD product registration, you can refer to the link below:

Support Answers

If you didn't register your product, please refer the below link for your future reference:

Support Answers

Hope it helps

OP
Revolution

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
[MENTION=293224]DK_WD[/MENTION]
Thanks!

Damn!
Went to Chandni,Kolkata.
Checked few shops but WB Blue not available any where.
Only Green,Purple & Black.
But,when I asked the shopkeeper when I can expect WB Blue in near future I got reply from shopkeepers that WD stop manufacturing Blue and not gonna come again.
I don't why these shopkeepers always lie to clear their stocks.

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
they are looking at their own benefit that is why.
any ways, i asked for it in local market 4-5 days back and its available at INR3450, INR3550 & INR3600 a lot less than what is available online.

OP
Revolution

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
they are looking at their own benefit that is why.
any ways, i asked for it in local market 4-5 days back and its available at INR3450, INR3550 & INR3600 a lot less than what is available online.

Thanks!
Which city ?
I was quoted just little less than 3700(including all) for the purple one in Kolkata.

DK_WD

WD Official

For your information, any WD internal drive can be used as a storage and boot drive. In WD, there are different type of drives represented by different colors. The WD Purple drive highly recommended to use for Video Surveillance purpose but if you use it as a normal drive, it will function like a normal hard drive too. The WD Blue drive is use of normal computing, daily use drives, solid performance and budget drive.

For more information regarding the WD drives, please refer the link below:

*www.digit.in/forum/pc-components-c...e-designing-below-50-000-inr.html#post2252007

Hope it helps.

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
if purple is available at almost similar price as Blue (priced less at few places), and has 1 more year of warranty, then why not opt for Purple?

DK_WD

WD Official
@ DK_WD

What is the difference between "WD My Book" and "WD My Book Essential" ?

Hi [MENTION=11717]dissel[/MENTION],

There are two differences between the WD My Book Essential and WD My Book is capacity and inbuilt software. The WD My Book Essential capacity is up to 4TB and WD My Book capacity is up to 6TB. The new WD My book has an extra features as compared to WD My Book Essential like for Windows support Acronis True Image WD Edition, WD Universal Firmware, WD SES Driver and WD Security. For Mac support, WD Universal Firmware and WD security.

For more information about WD My Book, do check out this link:

Support Answers

I would suggest though that you go for our more current products like WD My Book or WD My Cloud, because the WD My Book Essential is considered one of our legacy products now.

Good luck

Top Bottom