Internal Storage for OS & DATA

dissel

Cyborg Agent
DK_WD said:
Hi

There are two differences between the WD My Book Essential and WD My Book is capacity and inbuilt software. The WD My Book Essential capacity is up to 4TB and WD My Book capacity is up to 6TB. The new WD My book has an extra features as compared to WD My Book Essential like for Windows support Acronis True Image WD Edition, WD Universal Firmware, WD SES Driver and WD Security. For Mac support, WD Universal Firmware and WD security.

For more information about WD My Book, do check out this link:

Support Answers

I would suggest though that you go for our more current products like WD My Book or WD My Cloud, because the WD My Book Essential is considered one of our legacy products now.

Good luck

Thanks DK_WD for your response,

I like to know,

What WD HDD inside of following product

1. WD My Book 4TB and 6TB ?

2. WD My Cloud 4TB ?

(Are they WD Green ?)

3. What is the Difference between BESN and NESN ?

-----------------------------------
Some Doubts of my own about WD Cloud products......

4. WD Cloud got Sleep features when not in use...If user disable that - means is it going to shorter the life span of the internal HDD ?

5. I read many Q&A about WD Cloud Drives - Everyone seems to interest either Stream or DLNA trough their device...What about normal storage type usage - Like keep the file there & when needed copy them <- Is this possible for WD Cloud drives ?

If yes, Then the next que

6. As a Cloud I believe that drive will not shows up as 'Local Disk' or 'Network Disk' (??) - My question when user need to upload or download a file from PC to WD Cloud, Is he bound to use some specialize software / interface ?

7.If any one put a additional drive by using the rear USB 3.0 of WD CLoud Drive - Is it shows up and user can store file there before feeling the internal HDD or Cloud OS decide what to do or When to Fill ?

Thanks in advance.....

P.S : - I seek clear answer of above questions.

Last edited:

DK_WD

WD Official
Re: Internal Storage for OS &amp; DATA

Thanks DK_WD for your response,
I like to know,
What WD HDD inside of following product
1. WD My Book 4TB and 6TB ?
2. WD My Cloud 4TB ?
(Are they WD Green ?)

Hi [MENTION=11717]dissel[/MENTION],

First of all, thanks for your interest in WD. For more information regarding the WD external product, I’d advise you to the refer link below:

Support Answers

3. What is the Difference between BESN and NESN ?

Those models are exactly the same, the difference is the revision. The real model number is WDBACW, all that follows after the dash is information related to the sales regions, firmware, production date, so it's something that relates to the manufacturing process and/or batch.

- - - Updated - - -

4. WD Cloud got Sleep features when not in use...If user disable that - means is it going to shorter the life span of the internal HDD ?

For WD My Cloud sleep feature is used for power saving, but if you disable the option that doesn't mean it will effect on the hardware life.

5. I read many Q&A about WD Cloud Drives - Everyone seems to interest either Stream or DLNA trough their device...What about normal storage type usage - Like keep the file there & when needed copy them <- Is this possible for WD Cloud drives ?

For DLNA and streaming function, it’s all depend on your home network. WD My cloud device is made to centralize your data in one place and access it from anywhere.

6. As a Cloud I believe that drive will not shows up as 'Local Disk' or 'Network Disk' (??) - My question when user need to upload or download a file from PC to WD Cloud, Is he bound to use some specialized software / interface ?

For WD My Cloud access, you have to install the WD My Cloud application in your PC or other media devices.

For more information about WD My Cloud access, please refer the link below:

Support Answers

7.If any one put a additional drive by using the rear USB 3.0 of WD CLoud Drive - Is it shows up and user can store file there before feeling the internal HDD or Cloud OS decide what to do or When to Fill ?

Yes, the USB drive will show up in the WD My Cloud Dashboard. For data transfer you have to manually upload or download the file from drive it self. There is no such feature in WD My Cloud, if the internal the drive is full,; it will give you the notification of memory Full.

OP
Revolution

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
Yesterday went to Chandni,Kolkata again but again fail to get WD Blue.
I thing I need to other alternative cos WD Blue not available locally and online price is way too high...

OP
Revolution

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
Bought new WD Blue 1TB.
I register my HDD at WD site.
But,when I checked my warranty status it's showing less than 2 years of ( Warranty Expiration Date: 08/14/2017 ) warranty left. :shock:
I order my HDD on 13th October 2015 at Primeabgb.
Got my HDD yesterday.

Also I have noticed one thing when I got my new WD Blue 1TB on my hand first time that the this new HDD is rely light weight.
My bro's a year old WD Blue 1TB is heavier than my new one and I can feel that using my hand.:-?

DK_WD

WD Official
Hi [MENTION=39710]Revolution[/MENTION],

That's good news, glad to hear it! In warranty case, you have to send us an email and attach a copy of your proof of purchase that proof will help to update the warranty to start from the date of purchase. I’d advise you to contact with our support team in India for warranty update.

The following link contains details of India support team: Support Answers

Hope it helps.

Flash

Lost in speed
Also I have noticed one thing when I got my new WD Blue 1TB on my hand first time that the this new HDD is rely light weight.
My bro's a year old WD Blue 1TB is heavier than my new one and I can feel that using my hand.:-?
Maybe he has more data than yours.
:lol:
:grinsmack:

DK_WD

WD Official
Re: Internal Storage for OS &amp; DATA

I could not find any email id for contacting WD excepting phone no at that page

In the same support page, there is an option of Email WD. You have to select and enter the WD login ID. After login, fill up the details and issue.
Then we will revert you by, call or email.

For ease of mind, I will suggest you to call directly to India support team.

DK_WD

WD Official

For Login, you can use the similar email Id that used to register the product. There is another option as well to report the issue in WD Support Portal.

Please follow the following steps to register the case under WD Support Portal:

1) Login to WD Support Portal
2) Click on View Support Cases
3) Scroll down and click on "New Support Case"
4) Fill in the details > click Continue

After submitting the case, our India support team will contact you asap via email and provide the solution.

Hope it helps.

OP
Revolution

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
Re: Internal Storage for OS &amp;amp; DATA

Made a new AC and sent a mail regarding warranty period issue with proof.
Still waiting for reply...

- - - Updated - - -

This is ridiculous.
Got reply from WD and it says that scan copy of bill is not enough.
WD telling me to send proof with detail picture of my HDD to another email address.
So much to get a warranty update like a PITA.
I thought WD would be hassle free but I was totally wrong. :(
Now,I have to open my PC again but first have to beg to other forum member to get a decent camera to take pic of my HDD.
Who knows if I take pic using my old mobile cam then WD might ask me again to take proper 20MP HD picture of HDD for warranty update.
Damn!

OP
Revolution

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
@DK_WD
How long I have to wait ?
I sent u all details more than two weeks ago but still no reply from WD and no update.
What a disappointment. :(

DK_WD

WD Official
@DK_WD
How long I have to wait ?
I sent u all details more than two weeks ago but still no reply from WD and no update.
What a disappointment. :(

I am sorry for the delay and please check your inbox.

OP
Revolution

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
What is happening ?
No reply from Western Digital India yet.
Looks like Western Digital India cares about no one.

Top Bottom