Intel D915GAV or Intel Core 2 Duo / Core 2 Quad...!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ but it wont be as good as P35/45 in terms of performance and Oc'ing for sure
It will definitely beat P35. P45 I am not sure. But its mainly getting the eyes for having 9400GS onboard. Telling by the number, its going to be one HELL of an onboard GPU and it can perform perhaps as good as an 8500GT or an 8600GT.

OP
S

sunandoghosh

Broken In
Hi Dearest gurus and forum members...
First of all my heartiest thanks for guiding me so much sparing ur time and also presenting me with all possibilities and their pros cons...my final purchase today would not have been possible without help of u guys....

What I purchased:

1. ASUS Motherboard P5Q Normal
2. Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
3. RAM - 2 chips of 2 GB each Transcend 800 Mhz
4. Nvidia Geforce 8600 GT 512 MB DDR 2
5. Cabinet Frontech with SMPS of 450 WT
-----------

I did not purchase rest of things as i already have one.

I am not mentioning the prices of each as I know I have paid high price and mentioing will again give me a pain...(but what to do when locally in kolkatra GCA chandni -- i have gone to every vendor and got price quotation and everyone is charging high -- and i was running out of time)...

I will post more details soon but this exercise and research and actual purchase has sapped me from my energy and health...also its diffuclt to do reasearch and the purchase witha fulltime stressing job. Kudos to u guys -- trust it would not have been possible otherwise.

---------------------
Only one concern --- somehow the Nvidia graphics card is not working in the sense that display gets even worse when i use nad install nvidia graphics card...standard windows xp worlks better...may be i am not able to give adequate time and also there may be conflict between the two...i will resolve that a little later....as now need to take rest and focus on my job...

thanks guys again...i did post on other forums but this has been trhe best and most helpful...

regards

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
which company's graphics card is that?
Xfx,msi,palit,etc?

maybe u will have to download latest drivers or update motherboard bios

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
By the way, why did you get the GDDR2 512MB version ? The GDDR3 256MB version out-performs it. But, well you aren't a gamer so it does not make any difference.

OP
S

sunandoghosh

Broken In
which company's graphics card is that?
Xfx,msi,palit,etc?

maybe u will have to download latest drivers or update motherboard bios

XFX boss...yes I will do that but first installing vista then motherboard cd etc....lets see

By the way, why did you get the GDDR2 512MB version ? The GDDR3 256MB version out-performs it. But, well you aren't a gamer so it does not make any difference.

I got DDR2 512 MB and not DDR3...already cost exceeded my budget significantly boss...

thanks

ssengupta

Broken In
Will Frontech SMPS of 450 WT will be enough ? You need 442 WT according to newegg power calculator.

*educations.newegg.com/tool/psucalc/index.html

acewin

Point Blanc
500W or 600W Extreme Power Cooler Master.
Or even to lower your cost you can get Zebronics 500W Platinum

acewin

Point Blanc
cannot be said cheap when you are getting 600W in lesser than 450W PSU from another reputed company like Coolermaster

Calculate from extreme outervision site for proper calculations.
In the newegg power calc you do not get to add all your devices.
ExtremeVision Power Calc

And keep in mind general PSUs have 70% max efficiency, calculate likeways.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom