Intel Conroe and AMD AM2 Price Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
montylee

montylee

Journeyman
Does anybody know abt the availability of G965 chipset (for Core 2 Duo) based motherboards in Delhi?

sabret00the

Youngling
@Montylee:Thnx man for making this thread.
@All and magnet:hey guys I'am a dedicated Intel PIV user.Since a few days back I was wondering why dont I build a high end gaming system.Without any doubts I was decided on AMD Athlon 4200 X2 as that's the best processor available freely in the market today,untill C2D came in.Now I guess one shud wait a couple of days and watch the fun.See lets not get fooled here.See I'am not a follower of neither AMD nor Intel.Who ever gives me better procs. I shall go for them.See may be the Intel C2D 6800XT is good enough to beat AMD Fx 62.But shall I ask hw many of us can afford them?Lets talk practically and that way AMD Athlon 4200 X2(AM2) is much better than Intel C2D E6300 both sport almost same prices(around Rs.10500/-).Again,you get mobo's for both these procs at around same prices(around-Rs.8500/- to 16000/-).Well both support DDR2-so no chances of getting obsolete.Well the choice is not so simple and AMD is still not out of the game.and yes,Magnet,bro ur rite AMD is coming back with 4x4 procs soon may be this time next year.So this war is just going to another level.Wat do u think guys?

{Btw C2D procs dont support bugger mobos like 915,925,etc.etc....ha ha}

These are awesome motherboards from Asus.Chk these out:
1)P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe (LGA775) supports Core2Duo
2)M2N32 WS Professional (AM2 socket) supports Amd Athlon Dual core and Fx
3)M2N32-SLI (AM2 socket) supports Amd Athlon Dual core and Fx
4)A8N32-SLI Deluxe (939 socket) supports Amd Athlon Dual core and Fx

Can anybody gimmi the prices?

Last edited:

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
best config for today ..

intel core 2 duo E6300 - beast overclocker proci .. reaches 3 ghz easily -
gigabyte ga 965p ds3 - damn good overclocking board .. costs 150 dollars in
us, so it will be around 9000 rs here in india..
this mobo can easily reach 480 fsb ..

get this and go to overclocking town ..

and if this is costly then

amd athlon x2 3800 +
and good am2 board with good oc potential ..

will do too ..

and also intel core 2 duo E 6300 performance is between amd athlon x2 4400 + and 4600+ ..

way better than 4200 + ..

go check some reviews on net and then comment ..

dont tell false info to other people here ..

Last edited:

supersaiyan

In the zone
look ppl its as simple as this-
intel proccy's have always been priced more than amds. now as we all know that to compete with intel's core2duo lineup amd has cut down its prices dramatically.let us take for example the e6300 and the 4200+. Although i can't find any reviews of the e6300vs4200+ but by looking at the e6300 reviews i can say that it may be able to perform better than the 4200+. but as u might have seen that due to the price cuts many reviewers have included amd cpus which are in the price bracket of the e6300 which means that the reviewers would automatically have to include, which were considered high end before, due to the price cut. also i have seen that the e6300 performs marginally better, not a lot, but marginally better than its amd competitor. so ask yourself would you really want to pay more money for a few more 3d mark numbers or 3 or 4 more frames. but if we move above the e6300 like to the e6600 or e6800,acc to the reviews, both the cpus perform better than the fx-62 or 64(i don't remember the model number exactly),which is the top of the line amd proccy, and are a lot cheaper than the fx-62/64(don't remember the model no).
conclusion-if u CAN afford the e6600 and above proccy's go for intel otherwise amd.
Hope this helps everyone.

sabret00the

Youngling
@yogi:bro u didnt understand wat I was trying to get across nevermind that coz that info wasnt for the likes of u.If u read Supersaiyan's post hopefully u might catch a hint but I doubt if its gonno penetrate ur li'll brain or not

Anywz:peace Letz not make this thread another battleground and go offtrack.

People just post prices of AMD and Intel high end procs and mobo here.........

Last edited:
OP
montylee

montylee

Journeyman
Yup, for an end user it's the same thing, although some ppl refer the lowest 2 models of Core 2 Duo as "Aliendale" bcoz both of them have 2MB of cache instead of 4MB.

go_gamez

In the zone
ohhk...thnx for the info..anyways how much does a conroe 3.0 ghz upwards processor cost in india and is it available in mrkt ??

OP
montylee

montylee

Journeyman
The highest Conroe processor has a clock speed of 2.93 Ghz and the lowest of the processors has a clock speed of 1.83Ghz. In Conroe's case clock speeds do not matter much, so don't expect a Pentium D 3.0 Ghz processor to be faster than Conroe E6300 (lowest model of Conroe).

Prices
Conroe E6300: Rs. 10,400
yup it is available in market although the availbility of motherboards is an issue.

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
sabret00the said:
@yogi:bro u didnt understand wat I was trying to get across nevermind that coz that info wasnt for the likes of u.If u read Supersaiyan's post hopefully u might catch a hint but I doubt if its gonno penetrate ur li'll brain or not

Anywz:peace Letz not make this thread another battleground and go offtrack.

People just post prices of AMD and Intel high end procs and mobo here.........

dont worry , i got his point .. but getting x2 when conroe is available is not advisable .. wait for some time .. mobos will be available in abundance ..and at low price .. asrock mobos are available ..

also , sabret00the .. there is always nice way to prove something to others .. penetration of mind .. and all these stuff ..
keep this thing in ur mind ..

supersaiyan

In the zone
yogi7272 said:
dont worry , i got his point .. but getting x2 when conroe is available is not advisable .. wait for some time .. mobos will be available in abundance ..and at low price .. asrock mobos are available ..

also , sabret00the .. there is always nice way to prove something to others .. penetration of mind .. and all these stuff ..

the reason i advised an x2 was because the x2s that come in the price bracket of the e6300 perform better than the e6300. moreover the am2 platform is more mature than the lga775 or core2duo platform(in lay man's lang) so mobo availability won't be an issue for for amd. but i would still like to know the basis of ur opinion that u would prefer the e6300 over x2.

montylee said:
Yup, for an end user it's the same thing, although some ppl refer the lowest 2 models of Core 2 Duo as "Aliendale" bcoz both of them have 2MB of cache instead of 4MB.
Allendale not aliendale

Allendale is a codename for stripped down versions of the Conroe processors with only 2MB of L2 cache. The E6300 (1.86GHz) and E6400 (2.13GHz), both with a 1066MT/s FSB, were released on July 27, 2006

source-*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Core_2

Last edited:

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
which x2 is available in its price range ?

also is it am2 or 939 ..

also what is the current price of
A8NE - 939
A8N SLI PREMIUM - 939
A8N32-SLI Deluxe - 939

and what other mobos are available in am 2 .. for 570 ultra , 570 sli and 590 sli .. with their price if u can ..

want to build a system ..

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
One doubt, games have a specification of 'Min Processor Speed' in them. Now say, some game (new) requires a minimum of 2 Ghz as its requirement, how will a dual core processor clocked to say, 1.8 Ghz play that ? Or is it a free restriction and can be overriden ?

goobimama

 Macboy
@ supersaiyan: The LGA775 platform has been around since maybe last year. Though the 915/925 doesn't support Core2Duo, the 945/955 chipset boards can easily take Core 2 Duo...

sabret00the

Youngling
yogi7272 said:

Hey man I'm sorry....I'm a li'll grumpy guy(I dont like to say this but I'am a moron)..........I'am sorry man.

Anyways Yogi the mobo's u mentioned are awesome but they are socket 939.The following are the ones that are either LGA775 or AM2

These are awesome motherboards from Asus.Chk these out:
1)P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe (LGA775) supports Core2Duo
2)M2N32 WS Professional (AM2 socket) supports Amd Athlon Dual core and Fx
3)M2N32-SLI (AM2 socket) supports Amd Athlon Dual core and Fx
4)A8N32-SLI Deluxe (939 socket) supports Amd Athlon Dual core and Fx

Here's my 2 cents worth (don't worry I'll keep it short)

I've been an AMD fanboy since early 2002. But, there's no denying the fact that this is the year of the Intels. Hence I'd recommend either a Core2 Duo 6300 or 6600 depending on your budget.

If you can't afford it, wait till you can. Wait till the prices drop.

For me it's just about getting the best performing chip w.r.t. my needs. If you've been an AMD fanboy, swallow your pride (I recommend a glass of frosty Corona Extra) and move on. Intel has come back on top (I'd never expected, and wouldn't have bet on it)

Maybe they'll (AMD) come up with an Intel killer end of next year. But until then, they have nothing. Trust me, they've accepted it themselves. Their only option is price undercutting, but it's very hard on them as they do not have enough volumes (manufacturing capacity) to justify this move.

-Keith

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
Keith Sebastian said:
Here's my 2 cents worth (don't worry I'll keep it short)

I've been an AMD fanboy since early 2002. But, there's no denying the fact that this is the year of the Intels. Hence I'd recommend either a Core2 Duo 6300 or 6600 depending on your budget.

If you can't afford it, wait till you can. Wait till the prices drop.

For me it's just about getting the best performing chip w.r.t. my needs. If you've been an AMD fanboy, swallow your pride (I recommend a glass of frosty Corona Extra) and move on. Intel has come back on top (I'd never expected, and wouldn't have bet on it)

Maybe they'll (AMD) come up with an Intel killer end of next year. But until then, they have nothing. Trust me, they've accepted it themselves. Their only option is price undercutting, but it's very hard on them as they do not have enough volumes (manufacturing capacity) to justify this move.

-Keith

very well said ..

UNREAL

Broken In
hey guys !
CAN u Plz tell me the rate of InTel Core 2 duo E 6600 prices with a compatible mobo ( both SLI and non-SLI ) PLZ ! thx. in advance !

Also...... (not frm the topic) PowerColor Radeon X 1900 Gt is available for 19.5k so can any1 Plz tell me abt some dealer of Powercolor cards in delhi or somewhere near DELHI ?

Last edited:

varkey

Journeyman
QwertyManiac said:
One doubt, games have a specification of 'Min Processor Speed' in them. Now say, some game (new) requires a minimum of 2 Ghz as its requirement, how will a dual core processor clocked to say, 1.8 Ghz play that ? Or is it a free restriction and can be overriden ?

i have the same question. can somebody answer it please?

OP
montylee

montylee

Journeyman
Hey, did anybody saw the Intel's Conroe Ad in "Times of India". It was an Ad for branded PCs : HCL, Wipro, LG and Zenith and the prices were between 34K-36K.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom