instant messaging in LAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

curioustechy

Journeyman
Suppose there are 10 computers having connection between them by means of LAN. Is there any means to send instant messages from one computer to another.... Just like google chat. I want my msg to pop up on my sender's computer

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Softros looks good, but I guess it's not a freeware.

Anyway, in my office LAN I use IP messenger: IP Messenger
Small but awesome tool for sending messages as well as files or folders to any PC connected on LAN.

Enjoy pinging... :D

Edit: Whoa.. s18000rpm was fast.. next time I won't be writing a long description! :rolleyes:

:D

maddy

Journeyman
we uses borgchat it comes in normal chatting also voice chatting one... plus file sharing and like that
BORGChat Homesite - News

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ nice to see you back after a long time ;-)

BTW, here's another one :
*www.fomine.com/lan-chat.html

@ OP - if possible test all of the apps suggested here and tell us what's the best for your needs.

OP
curioustechy

curioustechy

Journeyman
Thanks a lot everybody for umpteen no.of suggestions... Sorry i forgot to mention in my first post. I don't want to install an extra software. i use win7 and most of the people in the lan use xp.. is there any provision in windows itself for this... i vaguely remember some years back in college we used to this.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ I think you are talking about netmeeting but there no such tool exists for win 7 like Netmeeting - only equivalent tool is Live Meeting but this requires a live id AFAIK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom