Installing Arch Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arre,you don't know how much I have struggled installing video drivers on ubuntu.I don't give up easily:D
Then definitely don't install Arch. If you call installing video drivers on ubuntu "struggling", I wonder what you will do with arch :lol:

Take my advice and install Sidux. Its a good second step from ubuntu. Then after you become well versed with commandline, install Arch. Till then, either stay away from arch or learn some BASHING.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
a two hour ride before you know all the essentials. but pay attention to wiki !

Then definitely don't install Arch. If you call installing video drivers on ubuntu "struggling", I wonder what you will do with arch :lol:

Take my advice and install Sidux. Its a good second step from ubuntu. Then after you become well versed with commandline, install Arch. Till then, either stay away from arch or learn some BASHING.
hey metaaaaaaal here is some good song for good mood :D I hope you are not on sucky NU plan :rolleyes:
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=xu7aF_df6WU

The ultimate endurance test and teh ecstasy at last :D

Last edited:

At that time my 8800 GTS was not compatible with ubuntu.I had to edit xorg.conf with nano editor.Get it?:D

Just tell me what to do with WiFi??I have netgear WiFi USB dongle WG111 for my PC.

Oh me idiot!!!I can pick up the AP and plug it into my PC through ethernet wire.Later I can configure WiFi:D

Last edited:
At that time my 8800 GTS was not compatible with ubuntu.I had to edit xorg.conf with nano editor.Get it?:D

Just tell me what to do with WiFi??I have netgear WiFi USB dongle WG111 for my PC.

Oh me idiot!!!I can pick up the AP and plug it into my PC through ethernet wire.Later I can configure WiFi:D
Editing with nano is not something great. But knowing what do do in the commandline environment, and a basic knowledge of tools like less, dir, nano, pacman, etc is something thats essential.

So read the user guide, by pressing alt+f2 and logging in as arch and do a less /arch/arch-install-guide.txt and then read away with page up, page down, up and down. Do this before, after and WHILE installing.

Rahim

Married!
Whay dont use Gparted Live Cd to do your pre-partitions stuff and then just select the partitions as swap and root when asked in mount points?

F

FilledVoid

giving mkswap error after setting filesystem.CR@P.But good news,my USB dongle is supported
Are you installing Arch? If you are I will gladly help you if you post questions here and if I know the answers. However I don't know about the wifi setup. The one who does know about that is Amitava he has a wifi setup to get on the net so you might want to check with him.

F

FilledVoid

giving mkswap error after setting filesystem.CR@P.But good news,my USB dongle is supported
BY any chance do you have multiple swap partitions?

Code:
Naturally you won't be able to use the Auto-Prepare feature if you want to create and use multiple swap partitions. Create the partitions manually instead, and create as many swap partitions as your little heart desires. Go through the rest of the disk preparation steps, don't mind that you're only asked for one swap partition during the mount-point setting. Once you're through with the install and are about to edit your system configuration files, you can edit the fstab file and include a line for every swap device you created earlier. Simply copy the automatically generated swap line, and modify the referenced device according to your setup. The additional swaps will be activated after the bootup when swapon -a is being run by the initscripts. Make sure you ran mkswap on all of your swap partitions manually, or else your system will complain on bootup!

If, for any odd reason, you can not wait until after the installation with activating multiple swap partitions or files, you will have to open a shell on one of the virtual terminals and issue the swapon <device> for every swap drive or file you partitioned/readied before with mkswap. Then continue as explained above with the install.

In case you are honestly contemplating setting up multiple swap files or drives, you should keep in mind that a kernel that needs to swap is actually crying bitterly for more RAM, not more swap space. Please keep your penguin well fed. Thank you.

You might have partitioned the hard disk wrong so you might want to check that.

vamsi360

Always confused
@filledvoid can ou please tell me how to know the commands in the terminal and how to get the knowledge to edit the xconf.org file as everyone does?

F

FilledVoid

Although I think a new thread would have helped you more , here is a resource about Xorg.conf.

*www.x.org/archive/X11R6.8.0/doc/xorg.conf.5.html

I had another guide but cant find it atm, but I think you can find it here if you search a bit for it.

vamsi360

Always confused
thankyou filledvoid.

Another thing....installing arch is made simple by softpedia. It will make it simple but you dont enjoy your frustration installing arch.
I too have spent 5 hours to install window managers,X.....but the wiki is really good.All the time is spent to read it carefully.First I was shocked not to see the GUI in linux, misleaded it is a server but after refering to Distrowatch learnt that it is SIMPLE Linux. Is it really simple

Anyway EASIEST Arch :::

Tutorial-------->*news.softpedia.com/news/How-to-Install-Arch-Linux-59239.shtml

Link to distro ISO----->*linux.softpedia.com/get/System/Operating-Systems/Linux-Distributions/Arch-Linux-864.shtml

whoa! a single pacman -Su took me a whole hour :eek:

Code:
PACMAN: Starting... 
:: Starting full system upgrade...
resolving dependencies...
warning: dependency cycle detected:
warning: glibc will be installed before its bash dependency
looking for inter-conflicts...

Targets (136): sqlite3-3.6.6.2-1  aria2-1.0.1-1  audacity-1.3.6-2  kernel-headers-2.6.27.6-2  glibc-2.9-2  
               bash-3.2.048-1  binutils-2.19-1  bison-2.4.1-1  cdrkit-1.1.9-1  heimdal-1.2.1-2  
               libcups-1.3.9-2  cups-1.3.9-3  cyrus-sasl-plugins-2.1.22-8  cyrus-sasl-2.1.22-10  
               deluge-1.0.7-1  dhcpcd-4.0.7-1  docbook-xsl-1.74.0-1  dosfstools-3.0.1-1  
               evolution-data-server-2.24.2-2  fftw-3.2-1  gcc-libs-4.3.2-2  gcc-4.3.2-2  libxi-1.1.4-1  
               pango-1.22.3-2  gtk2-2.14.5-2  ghostscript-8.63-4  gnome-panel-2.24.2-2  smbclient-3.2.5-2  
               gnome-vfs-2.24.0-2  gtk2-themes-collection-0.2.0-2  gutenprint-5.2.2-2  gvfs-1.0.3-2  
               hunspell-1.2.8-1  imagemagick-6.4.7.8-1  imlib2-1.4.2-2  jre-6u11-1  qtmod-4.4.3-3  
               kdemod-kde-common-4.1.3-6  kdemod-kdelibs-4.1.3-3  wavpack-4.50.1-1  xine-lib-1.1.15-4  
               kdemod-kdebase-runtime-4.1.3-3  libxklavier-3.8-1  kdemod-kdebase-workspace-4.1.3-4  
               kdemod-extragear-plasmoids-4.1.3-3  kdemod-kdebase-4.1.3-3  kdemod-kdebase-doc-4.1.3-3  
               kdemod-kdebase-konsole-4.1.3-3  kdemod-kdebase-kwrite-4.1.3-3  
               kdemod-kdebase-runtime-doc-4.1.3-3  kdemod-kdebase-runtime-icons-4.1.3-3  
               kdemod-kdebase-workspace-doc-4.1.3-4  kdemod-kdebase-workspace-wallpapers-4.1.3-4  
               kdemod-kdegraphics-common-4.1.3-4  kdemod-kdegraphics-doc-4.1.3-4  
               kdemod-kdegraphics-gwenview-4.1.3-4  kdemod-kdegraphics-kamera-4.1.3-4  
               kdemod-kdegraphics-kcolorchooser-4.1.3-4  kdemod-kdegraphics-kolourpaint-4.1.3-4  
               kdemod-kdegraphics-kruler-4.1.3-4  kdemod-kdegraphics-ksnapshot-4.1.3-4  libspectre-0.2.2-2  
               kdemod-kdegraphics-okular-4.1.3-4  kdemod-kdeplasma-addons-4.1.3-2  neon-0.28.3-2  
               subversion-1.5.4-2  kdemod-kdesdk-common-4.1.3-2  kdemod-kdesdk-cervisia-4.1.3-2  
               kdemod-kdesdk-doc-4.1.3-2  kdemod-kdesdk-kapptemplate-4.1.3-2  kdemod-kdesdk-kate-4.1.3-2  
               kdemod-kdesdk-kbugbuster-4.1.3-2  kdemod-kdesdk-kcachegrind-4.1.3-2  
               kdemod-kdesdk-kdeaccounts-plugin-4.1.3-2  kdemod-kdesdk-kdepalettes-4.1.3-2  
               kdemod-kdesdk-kmtrace-4.1.3-2  kdemod-kdesdk-kompare-4.1.3-2  
               kdemod-kdesdk-kprofilemethod-4.1.3-2  kdemod-kdesdk-kstartperf-4.1.3-2  
               kdemod-kdesdk-kuiviewer-4.1.3-2  kdemod-kdesdk-lokalize-4.1.3-2  kdemod-kdesdk-poxml-4.1.3-2  
               kdemod-kdesdk-scripts-4.1.3-2  kdemod-kdesdk-umbrello-4.1.3-2  python-2.6.1-1  
               kdemod-kdeutils-common-4.1.3-3  kdemod-kdeutils-ark-4.1.3-3  kdemod-kdeutils-doc-4.1.3-3  
               kdemod-kdeutils-kcalc-4.1.3-3  kdemod-kdeutils-kcharselect-4.1.3-3  
               kdemod-kdeutils-kdessh-4.1.3-3  kdemod-kdeutils-kdf-4.1.3-3  kdemod-kdeutils-kfloppy-4.1.3-3  
               kdemod-kdeutils-kgpg-4.1.3-3  kdemod-kdeutils-ktimer-4.1.3-3  kdemod-kdeutils-kwallet-4.1.3-3  
               kdemod-kdeutils-okteta-4.1.3-3  kdemod-kdeutils-printer-applet-4.1.3-3  
               kdemod-kdeutils-superkaramba-4.1.3-3  kdemod-kdeutils-sweeper-4.1.3-3  
               kdemod-playground-amarok2-svn-897994-1  kdemod-playground-k3b-svn-896081-1  
               kdemod-powerdevil-1.4.2-1  kdemod-shaman-1.0.9-5  kernel26-2.6.27.8-1  lesstif-0.95.0-3  
               libgnomecups-0.2.3-4  libgnomeprint-2.18.3-4  libpcap-1.0.0-1  libv4l-0.5.7-1  
               libwebkit-1.0.3-0.39096  libx86-1.1-2  man-pages-3.15-1  memtest86+-2.10-2  midori-0.1.1-1  
               ttf-dejavu-2.27-1  xvidcore-1.2.1-1  mplayer-1.0rc2-9  mutagen-1.15-1  ntfs-3g-1.5130-1  
               openoffice-base-3.0.0-4  p7zip-4.61-1  pciutils-3.0.3-1  pm-utils-1.2.3-3  ppp-2.4.4-7  
               slim-1.3.1-1  system-config-printer-1.0.12-1  transmission-gtk-1.40-1  vi-7.2.65-1  
               vlc-0.9.8a-3  wine-1.1.10-2  wpa_supplicant-0.5.11-1  xarchiver-0.5.2-1  xfprint-4.4.3-2  
               xorg-server-1.5.3-3  xorg-util-macros-1.2.1-1  

Total Download Size:    0.00 MB
Total Installed Size:   1734.77 MB

Proceed with installation? [Y/n] 
checking package integrity...
(136/136) checking for file conflicts               [####################################################] 100%
(  1/136) upgrading sqlite3                         [####################################################] 100%
(  2/136) upgrading aria2                           [####################################################] 100%
(  3/136) upgrading audacity                        [####################################################] 100%
(  4/136) upgrading kernel-headers                  [####################################################] 100%
(  5/136) upgrading glibc                           [####################################################] 100%
warning: /etc/locale.gen installed as /etc/locale.gen.pacnew
Generating locales...
  en_US.UTF-8... done
  en_US.ISO-8859-1... done
Generation complete.
(  6/136) upgrading bash                            [####################################################] 100%
(  7/136) upgrading binutils                        [####################################################] 100%
(  8/136) upgrading bison                           [####################################################] 100%
(  9/136) upgrading cdrkit                          [####################################################] 100%
( 10/136) upgrading heimdal                         [####################################################] 100%
( 11/136) upgrading libcups                         [####################################################] 100%
( 12/136) upgrading cups                            [####################################################] 100%
( 13/136) upgrading cyrus-sasl-plugins              [####################################################] 100%
( 14/136) upgrading cyrus-sasl                      [####################################################] 100%
( 15/136) upgrading deluge                          [####################################################] 100%
( 16/136) upgrading dhcpcd                          [####################################################] 100%
( 17/136) upgrading docbook-xsl                     [####################################################] 100%
( 18/136) upgrading dosfstools                      [####################################################] 100%
( 19/136) upgrading evolution-data-server           [####################################################] 100%
( 20/136) upgrading fftw                            [####################################################] 100%
( 21/136) upgrading gcc-libs                        [####################################################] 100%
( 22/136) upgrading gcc                             [####################################################] 100%
( 23/136) upgrading libxi                           [####################################################] 100%
( 24/136) upgrading pango                           [####################################################] 100%
( 25/136) upgrading gtk2                            [####################################################] 100%
( 26/136) upgrading ghostscript                     [####################################################] 100%
Optional dependencies for ghostscript
    texlive-core: dvipdf
( 27/136) upgrading gnome-panel                     [####################################################] 100%
( 28/136) upgrading smbclient                       [####################################################] 100%
( 29/136) upgrading gnome-vfs                       [####################################################] 100%
( 30/136) upgrading gtk2-themes-collection          [####################################################] 100%
( 31/136) upgrading gutenprint                      [####################################################] 100%
>>please run /usr/sbin/cups-genppdupdate
>>and restart cups deamon
Optional dependencies for gutenprint
    cups:		to use cups printer spooler(recommended)
    foomatic-db-engine:	to use foomatic spooler
    ghostscript:	adds postscript support for ijsgutenprint
    gimp:		adds gutenprint plugin to gimp
( 32/136) upgrading gvfs                            [####################################################] 100%
( 33/136) upgrading hunspell                        [####################################################] 100%
( 34/136) upgrading imagemagick                     [####################################################] 100%
( 35/136) upgrading imlib2                          [####################################################] 100%
( 36/136) upgrading jre                             [####################################################] 100%
The jre package is licensed software.
You MUST read and agree to the license stored in
/opt/java/jre/LICENSE before using it.

==> In order to have java applets support in firefox you should install
==> libxtst (pacman -S libxtst).

( 37/136) upgrading qtmod                           [####################################################] 100%

> Qt 4.4.3

Prefix: /usr

> ATTENTION 
   Documentation is separated, its called qtmod-doc

Optional dependencies for qtmod
    postgresql-libs
    libmysqlclient
    unixodbc
( 38/136) upgrading kdemod-kde-common               [####################################################] 100%

THIS IS AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE, PLEASE DONT IGNORE ME

Everything went fine, you are now using our new repos
   on chakra-project.org, have fun!

THIS IS AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE, PLEASE DONT IGNORE ME

( 39/136) upgrading kdemod-kdelibs                  [####################################################] 100%
 > Rebuilding MIME database ... DONE
 > Rebuilding xdg icon database ... DONE
 > Rebuilding global config cache ... DONE
( 40/136) upgrading wavpack                         [####################################################] 100%
( 41/136) upgrading xine-lib                        [####################################################] 100%
( 42/136) upgrading kdemod-kdebase-runtime          [####################################################] 100%
( 43/136) upgrading libxklavier                     [####################################################] 100%
( 44/136) upgrading kdemod-kdebase-workspace        [####################################################] 100%

> WARNING
   The plasma backports have been cleaned up, which should
   solve most problems like slow startup. However, only the
   panel hiding and plasma tooltips are used from now on, which
   could cause some problems after the update. The new desktop
   containment stuff has been removed because of too much poblems,
   sorry for that...

( 45/136) upgrading kdemod-extragear-plasmoids      [####################################################] 100%
( 46/136) upgrading kdemod-kdebase                  [####################################################] 100%
( 47/136) upgrading kdemod-kdebase-doc              [####################################################] 100%
( 48/136) upgrading kdemod-kdebase-konsole          [####################################################] 100%
( 49/136) upgrading kdemod-kdebase-kwrite           [####################################################] 100%
( 50/136) upgrading kdemod-kdebase-runtime-doc      [####################################################] 100%
( 51/136) upgrading kdemod-kdebase-runtime-icons    [####################################################] 100%
( 52/136) upgrading kdemod-kdebase-workspace-doc    [####################################################] 100%
( 53/136) upgrading kdemod-kdebase-workspace-wa...  [####################################################] 100%
( 54/136) upgrading kdemod-kdegraphics-common       [####################################################] 100%
( 55/136) upgrading kdemod-kdegraphics-doc          [####################################################] 100%
( 56/136) upgrading kdemod-kdegraphics-gwenview     [####################################################] 100%
( 57/136) upgrading kdemod-kdegraphics-kamera       [####################################################] 100%
( 58/136) upgrading kdemod-kdegraphics-kcolorch...  [####################################################] 100%
( 59/136) upgrading kdemod-kdegraphics-kolourpaint  [####################################################] 100%
( 60/136) upgrading kdemod-kdegraphics-kruler       [####################################################] 100%
( 61/136) upgrading kdemod-kdegraphics-ksnapshot    [####################################################] 100%
( 62/136) upgrading libspectre                      [####################################################] 100%
( 63/136) upgrading kdemod-kdegraphics-okular       [####################################################] 100%
( 64/136) upgrading kdemod-kdeplasma-addons         [####################################################] 100%
( 65/136) upgrading neon                            [####################################################] 100%
( 66/136) upgrading subversion                      [####################################################] 100%
( 67/136) upgrading kdemod-kdesdk-common            [####################################################] 100%
( 68/136) upgrading kdemod-kdesdk-cervisia          [####################################################] 100%
( 69/136) upgrading kdemod-kdesdk-doc               [####################################################] 100%
( 70/136) upgrading kdemod-kdesdk-kapptemplate      [####################################################] 100%
( 71/136) upgrading kdemod-kdesdk-kate              [####################################################] 100%
( 72/136) upgrading kdemod-kdesdk-kbugbuster        [####################################################] 100%
( 73/136) upgrading kdemod-kdesdk-kcachegrind       [####################################################] 100%
( 74/136) upgrading kdemod-kdesdk-kdeaccounts-p...  [####################################################] 100%
( 75/136) upgrading kdemod-kdesdk-kdepalettes       [####################################################] 100%
( 76/136) upgrading kdemod-kdesdk-kmtrace           [####################################################] 100%
( 77/136) upgrading kdemod-kdesdk-kompare           [####################################################] 100%
( 78/136) upgrading kdemod-kdesdk-kprofilemethod    [####################################################] 100%
( 79/136) upgrading kdemod-kdesdk-kstartperf        [####################################################] 100%
( 80/136) upgrading kdemod-kdesdk-kuiviewer         [####################################################] 100%
( 81/136) upgrading kdemod-kdesdk-lokalize          [####################################################] 100%
( 82/136) upgrading kdemod-kdesdk-poxml             [####################################################] 100%
( 83/136) upgrading kdemod-kdesdk-scripts           [####################################################] 100%
( 84/136) upgrading kdemod-kdesdk-umbrello          [####################################################] 100%
( 85/136) upgrading python                          [####################################################] 100%
Optional dependencies for python
    tk: for IDLE, pynche and modulator
( 86/136) upgrading kdemod-kdeutils-common          [####################################################] 100%
( 87/136) upgrading kdemod-kdeutils-ark             [####################################################] 100%
( 88/136) upgrading kdemod-kdeutils-doc             [####################################################] 100%
( 89/136) upgrading kdemod-kdeutils-kcalc           [####################################################] 100%
( 90/136) upgrading kdemod-kdeutils-kcharselect     [####################################################] 100%
( 91/136) upgrading kdemod-kdeutils-kdessh          [####################################################] 100%
( 92/136) upgrading kdemod-kdeutils-kdf             [####################################################] 100%
( 93/136) upgrading kdemod-kdeutils-kfloppy         [####################################################] 100%
( 94/136) upgrading kdemod-kdeutils-kgpg            [####################################################] 100%
( 95/136) upgrading kdemod-kdeutils-ktimer          [####################################################] 100%
( 96/136) upgrading kdemod-kdeutils-kwallet         [####################################################] 100%
( 97/136) upgrading kdemod-kdeutils-okteta          [####################################################] 100%
( 98/136) upgrading kdemod-kdeutils-printer-applet  [####################################################] 100%
( 99/136) upgrading kdemod-kdeutils-superkaramba    [####################################################] 100%
(100/136) upgrading kdemod-kdeutils-sweeper         [####################################################] 100%
(101/136) upgrading kdemod-playground-amarok2-svn   [####################################################] 100%
(102/136) upgrading kdemod-playground-k3b-svn       [####################################################] 100%
(103/136) upgrading kdemod-powerdevil               [####################################################] 100%
(104/136) upgrading kdemod-shaman                   [####################################################] 100%
(105/136) upgrading kernel26                        [####################################################] 100%
>>>
>>> If you use the LILO bootloader, you should run 'lilo' before rebooting.
>>>
>>> Updating module dependencies. Please wait ...
>>> MKINITCPIO SETUP
>>> ----------------
>>> If you use LVM2, Encrypted root or software RAID,
>>> Ensure you enable support in /etc/mkinitcpio.conf .
>>> More information about mkinitcpio setup can be found here:
>>> *wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Mkinitcpio

>>> Generating initial ramdisk, using mkinitcpio.  Please wait...
==> Building image "default"
==> Running command: /sbin/mkinitcpio -k 2.6.27-ARCH -c /etc/mkinitcpio.conf -g /boot/kernel26.img
:: Begin build
:: Parsing hook [base]
:: Parsing hook [udev]
:: Parsing hook [autodetect]
:: Parsing hook [pata]
:: Parsing hook [scsi]
:: Parsing hook [sata]
:: Parsing hook [keymap]
:: Parsing hook [filesystems]
:: Generating module dependencies
:: Generating image '/boot/kernel26.img'...SUCCESS
==> SUCCESS
==> Building image "fallback"
==> Running command: /sbin/mkinitcpio -k 2.6.27-ARCH -c /etc/mkinitcpio.conf -g /boot/kernel26-fallback.img -S autodetect
:: Begin build
:: Parsing hook [base]
:: Parsing hook [udev]
:: Parsing hook [pata]
:: Parsing hook [scsi]
:: Parsing hook [sata]
:: Parsing hook [keymap]
:: Parsing hook [filesystems]
:: Generating module dependencies
:: Generating image '/boot/kernel26-fallback.img'...SUCCESS
==> SUCCESS
(106/136) upgrading lesstif                         [####################################################] 100%
(107/136) upgrading libgnomecups                    [####################################################] 100%
(108/136) upgrading libgnomeprint                   [####################################################] 100%
(109/136) upgrading libpcap                         [####################################################] 100%
(110/136) upgrading libv4l                          [####################################################] 100%
(111/136) upgrading libwebkit                       [####################################################] 100%
(112/136) upgrading libx86                          [####################################################] 100%
(113/136) upgrading man-pages                       [####################################################] 100%
(114/136) upgrading memtest86+                      [####################################################] 100%
For using memtest86+ please modifiy your bootloaders.

If /boot is on root partitions:
==> GRUB add this to /boot/grub/menu.lst
title  Memtest86+  [/boot/memtest86+/memtest.bin]
kernel (hd?,?)/boot/memtest86+/memtest.bin

==> Lilo add this to lilo.conf
image  = /boot/memtest86+/memtest.bin
label  = "Memtest86+"

If /boot is on seperate partition then just use /memtest86+/memtest.bin
without /boot prefix.
(115/136) upgrading midori                          [####################################################] 100%
(116/136) upgrading ttf-dejavu                      [####################################################] 100%
(117/136) upgrading xvidcore                        [####################################################] 100%
(118/136) upgrading mplayer                         [####################################################] 100%
(119/136) upgrading mutagen                         [####################################################] 100%
(120/136) upgrading ntfs-3g                         [####################################################] 100%
(121/136) upgrading openoffice-base                 [####################################################] 100%
 see *wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Openoffice
 how to use extensions, e.g. for spell checking
 see /opt/openoffice/share/extension/install what
 is shipped with this package
Optional dependencies for openoffice-base
    java-runtime:	adds java support
    libcups:		adds printing support
    gconf:		adds additional gnome support
    nss:		adds support for signed files/macros
    pstoedit:		translates PostScript and PDF graphics into other vector formats
(122/136) upgrading p7zip                           [####################################################] 100%
:: In order to use p7zip with mc:
:: Add u7z to /usr/share/mc/extfs/extfs.ini
:: and add the following to /usr/share/mc/mc.ext:
::
:: regex/\.(7z|7Z)$
:: 	View=%view{ascii} 7za l %f
:: 	Open=%cd %p#u7z
(123/136) upgrading pciutils                        [####################################################] 100%
(124/136) upgrading pm-utils                        [####################################################] 100%
(125/136) upgrading ppp                             [####################################################] 100%
(126/136) upgrading slim                            [####################################################] 100%
warning: /etc/logrotate.d/slim installed as /etc/logrotate.d/slim.pacnew
(127/136) upgrading system-config-printer           [####################################################] 100%
(128/136) upgrading transmission-gtk                [####################################################] 100%
Optional dependencies for transmission-gtk
    notification-daemon: Desktop notification support
Remove vi related symlinks ...
(129/136) upgrading vi                              [####################################################] 100%
Create vi related symlinks...
Updating vi help tags...done.
(130/136) upgrading vlc                             [####################################################] 100%
Optional dependencies for vlc
    libnotify
(131/136) upgrading wine                            [####################################################] 100%
Optional dependencies for wine
    cups
    sane
    libgphoto2
    alsa-lib
    giflib
    libjpeg
    libpng
    perl
    libxml2
(132/136) upgrading wpa_supplicant                  [####################################################] 100%
Optional dependencies for wpa_supplicant
    wpa_supplicant_gui: wpa_gui program
(133/136) upgrading xarchiver                       [####################################################] 100%
Optional dependencies for xarchiver
    tar: TAR support
    gzip: GZIP support
    bzip2: BZIP2 support
    zip: ZIP support
    unzip: ZIP support
    unrar: RAR support
    p7zip: 7z support
    arj: ARJ support
    lha: LHA support
    lzma-utils: LZMA support
    lzop: LZOP support
(134/136) upgrading xfprint                         [####################################################] 100%
(135/136) upgrading xorg-server                     [####################################################] 100%
(136/136) upgrading xorg-util-macros                [####################################################] 100%
bash-3.2$ sudo pacman -S tar gzip bzip2 zip unzip unrar p7zip arj lha lzma-utils lzop
Password: 
warning: tar-1.20-2 is up to date -- reinstalling
warning: gzip-1.3.12-4 is up to date -- reinstalling
warning: bzip2-1.0.5-3 is up to date -- reinstalling
warning: zip-3.0-1 is up to date -- reinstalling
warning: unzip-5.52-4 is up to date -- reinstalling
warning: unrar-3.8.5-1 is up to date -- reinstalling
warning: p7zip-4.61-1 is up to date -- reinstalling
resolving dependencies...
looking for inter-conflicts...

Targets (11): tar-1.20-2  gzip-1.3.12-4  bzip2-1.0.5-3  zip-3.0-1  unzip-5.52-4  unrar-3.8.5-1  p7zip-4.61-1  
              arj-3.10.22-4  lha-1.17-2  lzma-utils-4.32.7-1  lzop-1.02rc1-3  

Total Download Size:    0.86 MB
Total Installed Size:   7.07 MB

Proceed with installation? [Y/n] y
:: Retrieving packages from core...
 tar-1.20-2-i686          574.1K   24.6K/s 00:00:23 [####################################################] 100%
 gzip-1.3.12-4-i686        47.9K   14.1K/s 00:00:03 [####################################################] 100%
:: Retrieving packages from extra...
 arj-3.10.22-4            128.4K   23.5K/s 00:00:05 [####################################################] 100%
 lha-1.17-2                24.9K   10.1K/s 00:00:02 [####################################################] 100%
 lzma-utils-4.32.7-1...    73.0K   22.7K/s 00:00:03 [####################################################] 100%
 lzop-1.02rc1-3            35.6K   11.2K/s 00:00:03 [####################################################] 100%
checking package integrity...
(11/11) checking for file conflicts                 [####################################################] 100%
( 1/11) upgrading tar                               [####################################################] 100%
( 2/11) upgrading gzip                              [####################################################] 100%
( 3/11) upgrading bzip2                             [####################################################] 100%
( 4/11) upgrading zip                               [####################################################] 100%
( 5/11) upgrading unzip                             [####################################################] 100%
( 6/11) upgrading unrar                             [####################################################] 100%
( 7/11) upgrading p7zip                             [####################################################] 100%
:: In order to use p7zip with mc:
:: Add u7z to /usr/share/mc/extfs/extfs.ini
:: and add the following to /usr/share/mc/mc.ext:
::
:: regex/\.(7z|7Z)$
:: 	View=%view{ascii} 7za l %f
:: 	Open=%cd %p#u7z
( 8/11) installing arj                              [####################################################] 100%
( 9/11) installing lha                              [####################################################] 100%
(10/11) installing lzma-utils                       [####################################################] 100%
(11/11) installing lzop                             [####################################################] 100%
bash-3.2$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom