Install windows 7 on laptop by pc

mayoorite

Night Fury
HI!
My windows 7 disc is in very bad condition but earlier as a backup i have made its iso file.Now i want to install windows 7 on my new pre installed dos laptop but i couldn't burn the iso to DVD as my writer is not working,neither i got success to make bootable usb drive.So i want to install windows 7 from my pc to laptop.I don`t want to copy my pc hdd to laptop one.Please reply as soon as possible,THANKS IN ADVANCE.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I don't know why and how do you get error. I have done it several times and never failed even once. IF you want a ready made solution, I recommend win2flash. If normal menthod, then I can explain.
Also for some unknown reasons that official USB tool you used didn't detect ISO in my case, so I never prefer that.

Best is DOS method.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
you can use pxe boot(aka booting over lan)but i seriously doubt you can make it work if you are facing problems even with microsoft usb dvd tool.also confirm that your iso file is not corrupted by matching its SHA1 value with official microsoft SHA1 values for various win 7 versions.

OP
mayoorite

mayoorite

Night Fury
you can use pxe boot(aka booting over lan)but i seriously doubt you can make it work if you are facing problems even with microsoft usb dvd tool.also confirm that your iso file is not corrupted by matching its SHA1 value with official microsoft SHA1 values for various win 7 versions.
how to check it weather it is corrupted or not.
But i have cleared all the 4 steps in microsoft usb dvd tool
.so maybe it is not corrupted

I have installed windows7 on my desktop in virtual box using that iso and it installed perfectly.Therefore my iso is perfectly fine.

Error that i was getting when booting from usb:*www.mediafire.com/conv/a93f9ee6bf7128db75fa9006fc59995f7b1883a6ce30625513c3b7dd9a1f61eb6g.jpg

Last edited:

Sujeet

Undead!!!
^^Perhaps. pen drive is not working properly.All the files have not been transferred correctly.

Last edited:

Sujeet

Undead!!!
^^How could i know how old your pd is until you wont mention it.
Anyways try booting using other usb drive if you can to make sure.

Have you tried cmd method of making bootable windows 7 usb drive.
Maybe that would solve the problem.

OP
mayoorite

mayoorite

Night Fury
^^How could i know how old your pd is until you wont mention it.
Anyways try booting using other usb drive if you can to make sure.

Have you tried cmd method of making bootable windows 7 usb drive.
Maybe that would solve the problem.
i am trying it but it does not displaying it in listdisk command.

Virus

Banned
@mayoorite

Method 1:

Why don't you try to install win7 from network.

Share your pc with laptop over network and then install the OS.

Another method is as follows:

Method 2:
You simply extract the contains of win7 ISO to your USB pen drive. ( you can use WinZip to do it )
then,

Plug in this USB pen drive in your laptop.
then,

Start DOS and copy the contains of USB pen drive to your laptop harddisk.
then,

Start the installation of win7 from laptop harddisk.

Method 3:

Use an External USB harddisk to do the same as in method 2 above.

Last edited:

doomgiver

Warframe
*launchpad.net/win32-image-writer/+download

download the BINARY ZIP.

unzip and run/install

choose the image file.
if yours ins not showing, enter this in the title field, without quotes "*.*"
it will show all the files, then you can search and incleude

choose devide (muse be ntfs/fat32 formatted, format it beforehand)

click write, to write image to disk/device

OP
mayoorite

mayoorite

Night Fury
Virus
Re: Install windows 7 on laptop by pc
@mayoorite

Method 1:

Why don't you try to install win7 from network.

Share your pc with laptop over network and then install the OS.

Another method is as follows:

Method 2:
You simply extract the contains of win7 ISO to your USB pen drive. ( you can use WinZip to do it )
then,

Plug in this USB pen drive in your laptop.
then,

Start DOS and copy the contains of USB pen drive to your laptop harddisk.
then,

Start the installation of win7 from laptop harddisk.

Method 3:

Use an External USB harddisk to do the same as in method 2 above.
I just now i tried on my external hdd manually but got error when booting .
Q1)Please kindly check the method 1 and 2.Can i do this? If yes then how?
Q2)I have installed windows7 from my iso earlier on my pre-installed xp.I just mount it and ran like any other software,and it ran in GUI,and dual booted it.Can i do the same in my dos laptop by just copying it to hdd and run it?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
after spending 5 min on google searching this error almost all the replies suggested problem at hardware level:hard disk failing,bios corrupted etc.get a linux bootable pendrive image or hiren's boot cd hard disk diagnostic tool(preferred) & check your hard disk health.

devx

Back on TDF :)
Brother., try once Universal-USB-Installer i'm sure it'll work for you., the problem with other USB Boot tools is that they boot through linux bootloader., and it doesn't work for windows 7 installation and "Windows 7 USB DVD Download Tool" works with original (Genuine) win 7 ISO image only. ;-)

Top Bottom