infra_red_dude causing heavy loss to the hardware industry !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
@infra_LAAL_dude :D
I have acer aspire 5500 laptop..i want to upgrade its hard disk to 250 GB..does it support SATA and frm which website in US I can purchase ?

OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
Oh no !!!

You guys knew I was going to sleep, and hijacked the whole thread !!!

LOL, ok, I do not mind as its for a good cause ;)

Posting this from the 'famous' laptop :D

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
@infra_LAAL_dude :D
I have acer aspire 5500 laptop..i want to upgrade its hard disk to 250 GB..does it support SATA and frm which website in US I can purchase ?
This is the first of the centrino platforms with P-M proc. AFAIK this will not support SATA HDDs. Correct me if I'm wrong.

The "LAAL" portion was a good one :D

Oh no !!!

You guys knew I was going to sleep, and hijacked the whole thread !!!

LOL, ok, I do not mind as its for a good cause ;)

Posting this from the 'famous' laptop :D

Cheers for teh "famous" laptop :))

OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
After googling

Pentium M = Pentium Mobile (Processors meant for laptops)

Centrino = Pentium-M + Intel 855 chipset + Intel 802.11b

And AFAIK, infra is right, the Acer aspire 5500 support only IDE HDD and not SATA.

Ever seen a thread starter hijacking his own thread ? :D

Coming back to the topic - infra helped me in many tech issues actually. Like settings up Wi-Fi network, multiple broadband connections and single Wi-Fi router and many.

@GX

Duniya Badal Gayi, ThinkDigit forum badal gayi, GX nahi badala? :D

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
My pleasure :D :D :D
laptop has Pentium M processor ..does that mean centrino ? also is ATA compatible ?

and thanks LAAL :)
P-M doesn't mean its a centrino platform. As rightly pointed by din Sir, its a combo of 3 components.

Its ATA compatible. AFAIK the ATA HDDs in the current market max out at 120GBs (I don't think you can find any higher capacity ATA drives EASILY).

@GX

Duniya Badal Gayi, ThinkDigit forum badal gayi, GX nahi badala? :D
ROTFL.. Classic! :))

Ever seen a forum giving so much free publicity to an upcoming film? :p
???!!!!

OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
Its ATA compatible. AFAIK the ATA HDDs in the current market max out at 120GBs (I don't think you can find any higher capacity ATA drives EASILY).
You meant normal (IDE) HDD right ? Sorry if you meant diff type, but my laptop HDD was also IDE type (it was 40 GB). I could buy 160 GB (Western Digital) HDD (Rs.3000 here in Cochin), may be max is 160 GB ?

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
You meant normal (IDE) HDD right ? Sorry if you meant diff type, but my laptop HDD was also IDE type (it was 40 GB). I could buy 160 GB (Western Digital) HDD (Rs.3000 here in Cochin), may be max is 160 GB ?
Yes, by ATA I meant IDE. Actually before SATA it was all ATA and IDE. The terms were interchangeable. Max is 320GB but what I meant was finding one is not so easy and it may not be cheap since IDE is slowly being phased out.

*hijack.erosentertainment.com/

I have 250 GB one and surely remember that a 320GB one was available too.
Yes, I only meant it may be harder to find and costly.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
lol....one BIG fan...hehe

some body also bcome my fan or else i'll change my profile to gama_ray_dude *s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/77.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom