Information about Chinese Phones..

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
Well guys, Time for another query.

Its just been a fortnight I got my HTC Gene. And I have already started to take keen interest on what my next Mobile is gonna be. :D

Using it since last 6 months.
blue tooth, camera, video recorder, audio player, fm radio, sound recorder, mass storage, webcam, dual sim, sound effect, touch screen, only Rs, 2750/-

^^ This is one of the many opinions about Chinese phones that I have read online. Those who havent used them are skeptic; but many who have used it feel totally comfortable with it and think it was money well spent.

Now, I dont want to own any of those duplicates of Nokia, SE, etc. Though I would like to have some info on them too. I want to have some information about their indigenous brands.. Like CECT, ZTE, MKT...

So, do YOU guys know any reliable website, review on the web that details out on some of these cheap phones. ANYONE having a personal blog entry, anything. I just want more UNBIASED information about them. I am ready to risk my money this time.

Lets not totally neglect this growing market. Its cheap enough to compensate for lack of warranty and good branding. When iPhone-original was launched in US, people bought those unlocked no-warranty phones from there and that too for such a price. So, why neglect these Chinese phones?

So Please advice guys. :neutral:

Last edited:

MasterMinds

hell boy
Hum anyone can get attracted to the list of features they offer and at such low price! But when u start using the phone then u realise that even nokia 3110 is better. This is my opinion! These phones have extremely low resources. U cant even think of browsing the web! And very sluggish interface! And i have used one for about two days!

OP
IronManForever

IronManForever

MasterMinds said:
Hum anyone can get attracted to the list of features they offer and at such low price! But when u start using the phone then u realise that even nokia 3110 is better. This is my opinion! These phones have extremely low resources. U cant even think of browsing the web! And very sluggish interface! And i have used one for about two days!
I dont want to browse net in that. Neither I wanna use it as my primary mobile. I just wanted to have one. :neutral: And why? 3110 classic IS a great phone.
BTW you get CECT mobiles with Windows Mobile customised to look like like an iPhone, With 3.2 inch QVGA screen supporting finger-touch. 64MB RAm, OMAP 850, and other commons. So its not all phones that come with low resources. :!: SOme do. But the UI of the ones I have checked are pretty fast and hardwriting recognition too. It would not have been possible if there wasnt enough juice in it. :p

gary4gar said:
from What i heard, ZTE is launching in India though official retail channels.
We do get ZTE mobiles that are sold through efybonanza (Electronic For You - Magazine Guys) with their self-provided 6-month warranty; which IMO is good; albeit at a higher price than grey market.

Anyways, ZTE opening official channels here is good. ZTE is one of the GOOD comapnies among the chine-phones. :) Here, the Telecom sells CDMA sets as well as handsets madew by ZTE and they are good...

sandeepkochhar

In the zone
ZTE is a proper brand just like Huawei, Haier and many others...Don't compare it to the junk on the streets known as Chinese phones..

MasterMinds

hell boy
BTW you get CECT mobiles with Windows Mobile customised to look like like an iPhone, With 3.2 inch QVGA screen supporting finger-touch. 64MB RAm, OMAP 850, and other commons. So its not all phones that come with low resources. :!: SOme do. But the UI of the ones I have checked are pretty fast and hardwriting recognition too. It would not have been possible if there wasnt enough juice in it. :p
u wanna have one thats fine go ahead
and how much that CECT phone cost???

OP
IronManForever

IronManForever

^^ Yeah. But I thought people hear may have used it long enough to gather some opinion about it. Seems no-one is ready to take the risk and live with it. :p

That CECT phone wasnt cheap for a chinese phone if you wanna know. 185$. Maybe its good. You get warranty of 1 year on such phones in places like Singapore.
I saw the phone here => *solomobi.com . Sorry but I did not save the link and it will take hellish effort to search. There are 1000s of phones there. :neutral:

sandeepkochhar said:
ZTE is a proper brand just like Huawei, Haier and many others...Don't compare it to the junk on the streets known as Chinese phones..
Yes. That was what I wanted to say. In fact, the Telecom here gives ZTE handsets to CDMA subscribers. If I know it correctly, TATA Indicom also provides subscribers with Huawei handsets? Isnt it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom