Indian vs International Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
Definitely INDIAN songs we like bcoz WE R INDIANS !!!

Yes, Indian music is pretty much less than that of western music industry. But I can't ever recognize the lyrics :-( from most of the English songs....

faraaz

Evil Genius
@shirish: If its hiphop, don't blame you...even I can't make out half the words these fellows say unless I listen REALLY hard...

But rock songs? Those should be easy....

OP
R

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
yeah u get there by practice for starters u can always check the lyrics from google and the in some months u'll get the hang of it but u need to have a good vocab too.

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
ratedrsuperstar said:
u can always check the lyrics from google

Let me check every song's lyrics b4 listening or should I pause song to check lyrics on Google ??? ;-) lolz....

ancientrites

In the zone
i love (death,black,pagan,doom,viking)metal songs so i go all the way with international music it makes me headbang.i dont buy i download it from soulseek,rapidshare,torrents.

desai_amogh

In the zone
what the hell.. indian songs these days may suck but not indian music as a whole.. thr r plenty of good singers & music directors jagjeet singh,ghulam ali (indian/pak :?),ar rehman... etc etc...
& y just songs.. thr is indian classical music to be talked abt.. north indian & karnatic ..music never sucks ..who sing them they suck...

Last edited:
OP
R

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
that's what i'm talking abt the only genres that are good are classical,ghazal,sufi.

but indian or pak pop,rock,blues and movie oriented songs just suck the artists do not show the real image of this world in their songs.have u ever heard any song which has the feeling of hatred for our political system or of a man angry abt his life.

thats what had happened to indian cinema a few years ago all yashraj films and huge sets but none of the reality shown but now movies like Shootout at LW give us the real picture and we're liking this

There r gud rock bands in India.Wat about pentagram and parikrama.Though would like more creaivity in the film industry.When u go for quantity quality sux.Tat is wat happenin in bollywood and kollywood.I am a tamilian and the no. of songs these guys lift from each other mindblowin

Aberforth

The Internationalist
Indian and western music both have their good and bad parts. I prefer Japanese music for pop (Ayumi Hamasaki, AKB48, etc.), English for rock (Metallica, Megadeth, Deff Leppard et.el.), Hindi for easy listening (Kishore Kumar, Euphoria), Western classics for relaxation (Mozart, Vivaldi, Beethoven, etc.).

Basically no strong preferences and all of them excel in their parts and suck in others. I don't like Indian bhangra, I hate English rap and I hate European nu-rock bands.

B

burninhell

Im for rock , as far as indian music is concerned that cheap sicko called himesh reshamiya(Nasal) IS RUINING our music .

These days most pple go after the look's of the singer or the girl who is in the video. True music is not abt how he looks or who's in the video, its only music and nothing else. There are so many nice bands in india who deserved to be noticed like parikrama, skinny alley and many more.

Last edited by a moderator:

nix

internationl music anyday, their tunes just rock... the guys down here try to copy their style. there are very few good tunes here and the good ones are played everywhere everytime so you start to hate the very sound of it.
i dont think AR Rahman songs are good either. they are OK. not that great. not ALL of them.

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
personally i HATE dhinchak-dhinchak remixes , if artist like Suketu ,etc wanna know what remizes are they should lok at the remix of Crawling from Linkin Park .

they've totally changed the song leaving out the lyrics and it still rocks .

anyone who wants to know what real remixing is , should listen to Crawling and it's Remixed version .

mediator

Technomancer
^ I agree!

Aberforth said:
Indian and western music both have their good and bad parts. I prefer Japanese music for pop (Ayumi Hamasaki, AKB48, etc.), English for rock (Metallica, Megadeth, Deff Leppard et.el.), Hindi for easy listening (Kishore Kumar, Euphoria), Western classics for relaxation (Mozart, Vivaldi, Beethoven, etc.).

Basically no strong preferences and all of them excel in their parts and suck in others. I don't like Indian bhangra, I hate English rap and I hate European nu-rock bands.
Talk about similarity of choice! Never knew that another person existed here who liked and had an understanding of instrumentals!

Neways,
In hindi : Its a few songs by Ajay Pohankar,Shaan, Jal, Atif Aslam and a few classics in cassettes.

In Instrumentals : Its mostly Mozart, Beethoven,Kenny G, Joe satriani ... will check out Vivaldi!

Rock : Audioslave, Megadeth, Judas Priest, a few metallica and children of bodom. Audioslave simply boosts u when u work out!!

Pop: Corrs, Cure, Aqua, A few of Nightwish, John Denver and Mylene Farmer (Russian, I guess) and a few Spanish songs from desperado and once upon a time in mexico!

But heck, nuthing beats intrumentals! LP is good only for College Fests that I used to Njoy more than nething else!!

OP
R

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
why do all of you guyz are still stuck with adioslave,metallica,pearl jam,GNR.

rock music has gone way beyond them personally i like the grudge rock(like i hate you,i will be the death of you;that inda stuff)

i agree that Shaan is definitely the best male artist out there but needs to get an album out i loved his debut album

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom