Indian vs International Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabret00the

Youngling
IMHO you cannot classify music as to good or bad just like food...wat is good to me might be bad to you and vice versa...for example I listen to all kinds of music that sound good to my ears and my choice isnt limited to any launguage,genre,age or types of songs in particular...I listen from Indian Classical to George Micheal to Kenny G to trance to Aerosmith...hence to me national or international doesnt matter much...hate over-hypes like Himesh,remixes,hini movie songs,etc

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
Hilary Duff's songs are best...Mylie cyrus's voice is cool and even Aaron Carter sings very good.
So international music is my answer.

cynosure

UbuntuUser
What I know about music is that the older songs both hindi awa angrezi(not all of them but most) are evergreen.
Wheres the newer songs like the ones thrown with the KJ's movies suck big time. After listening to them after once or twice, they begin to irritate my head and ears.

OP
R

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
quizmaster i don't think many ppl agree on your thoughts on hilary duff.

currently i'm into her as well coz i can't deny the fact that i've grown up watching her coz she's my age.personally i like fly,with love,stranger(just for time-pass)

~Lil JinX~

*Basket Case*
Ah. I don't know why, I could never really stand Hillary Duff O_O Shes not bad, I suppose...just a wee bit annoying, although some of her songs are pretty good.

I've always been more of a rock fan...so I end up listening to Western music more often than not, even though I'm not exactly restricted to it. I DO listen to Japanese music sometimes lol...(that stemmed from my obsession with anime >.< Maaya Sakamoto is the best :3)

orc

n00b
How do you define good and bad music? I dont think you can easily. Its truely universal and spreads across many boundries. What may be good for one may not be so good for another. In the same way I dont think you can compare Indian with international music.
But then, if you could compare the meaning of the songs, its really sad to see the quality of the songs coming out in India now is dwindling. The new so-called hit songs are nothing short of a bunch of randomly choosen words. Theres no real value or meaning to it. Compare them with, for instance, songs like 'Another Day in Paradise' or 'Janie's got a gun'
Can you name some songs from any one of our Indian music composer that is dedicated to any social cause or burning issues? India has had such great history in music - why, even the last couple of decades saw such good music. Sadly now we dont want anything except watch scantily dressed gals show off their bodies while the so called hero sings praises for them. Anyway, as long as the quality of the songs are concerned, I am up for the west:D

mustang

Broken In
Indian music & International music both are good,but in international music they all are originals & of best Quality on the other side Indian music mostly are copied from the others that is the drawback of Indian music,therefore THE Indian music can't reaches the height of growths comparatively to International music,lam saying about for the present Indian music,the old music are really very very originals & remember forever,thats why everybody says that "Old IS Gold".

akshar

Broken In
There is no match for Gazal's Sufi and Indian classical in the western world.
The Classical Western Music is now limited to very few and Rock and Hip Hop just suxz

nix

old indian songs are excellent quality. the lyrics are meaningful. there used to be more lyrics, less music. they used to be simple and the common man could identify with them...like the farmer singing a song...i think its raj kapoor but i aint sure...
in the west, hip hop sucks themost. it is preaching mob mentality and encourages kids to become thugs.

Drizzling Blur

Devoted Metalhead \\m//
before i type anything, i want people to check this

www.last.fm/user/Drizzling-Blur

So coming back to the topic, Let me first begin by saying Music is universal, its not come to life in a day and we're not in 2007 through a time machine, all of us have heard music almost everyday, mind you, the traffic jam just gives u a different sense of high :p

No matter how much Videshi music i listen to, i absolutely enjoy Indian music, the various genre's of music we have today, i see it as healthy ( lemme justify it when it comes to remixes, through these mindless remixes i know there is one more beautiful song i have to listen to, so i thank the DJ's for digging them up and trying to do something their way) No where, no matter when, no matter how, i will listen to an other "Pehla Nasha", i will never ever believe that a song as beautiful as it will come my way through life and this is the best part about it, Indian music has its own beauty, so does Videshi music.

Its the way you take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom