Indian Parents thread

flyingcow

Shibe
i have an uncle who games with me (casually) when ever he sees me playing ps3, he isnt a pro but atleast enjoys it...i purposefully lose at fifa etc when playing with him

nikufellow

In the zone
after reading a few posts here i took some time off to thank god for no one lurks into my room unnecessarily :p , if at all anyone comes its my mom , which happens only rarely, that too only for bringing something special she made to eat.

pros:
total privacy \m/

cons:
i have to clean all the mess myself :(

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
after reading a few posts here i took some time off to thank god for no one lurks into my room unnecessarily :p , if at all anyone comes its my mom , which happens only rarely, that too only for bringing something special she made to eat.

pros:
total privacy \m/

cons:
i have to clean all the mess myself :(

my case is totally opposite ..... As well as cons and pros...

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
i have an uncle who games with me (casually) when ever he sees me playing ps3, he isnt a pro but atleast enjoys it...i purposefully lose at fifa etc when playing with him

I wish I had someone like this to play with me. Even my elder bro (25) doesn't play games at all.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
I wish I had someone like this to play with me. Even my elder bro (25) doesn't play games at all.

prvsly i used to play games with my my elder brother it was hell lot of fun we used to play nfs 2 split screen , fighting force unreal tournament and such games but now .........

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I get to do anything I wish and buy anything I wish as I never waste money or make unnecessary purchases. I am never denied on any purchase as I always save pocket money before making purchase :thumbs:

very nice.

be part of the society, get along with relatives :lol:

they won't let me put tv in my room just becuase when guests comes what do they will think about me that why he needs a private tv ? what he's watching ?

one of the guest said to my father " he's watching english stuff in front of us and you are going to let him ? he's watching since morning and he won't let you watch what you want ? " and that was only MIT Lectures on my only weekly off from work. :lol:

WTF!!! I would have killed him then and there...:-x:-x:-x

Exactly my case.
:|

why do some oldies feel that the english stuff is bad for us ?
and then they say "dekho falana dhinkana kitna accha english bolta hai"

my papa(whenever i'm watching Supernatural or any other show/movie which has action sequences) : "yeh sab kya dekhta rehta hai ?? "
Me : close that , note the time, start from that time again afterwards :p

aww ... traditional habit of governing younger people ;)

more explicit content.

Not being rude,but there is a possibility that the only English stuff they ever watched were English xxx movies.

PS:the only perantz thread where no perant can post:hyper:

Lol

In my teenage years this kind of stuff used to happen atleast on a monthly basis :D. :D.

When it comes to watching Hollywood flicks and shows my parents only complain about it was me hogging the TV watching only HBO and star movies like channels and not allowing them to catch up on stupid, brain numbing, relationship ruining TV serials.
But since I got broadband and laptop I left the TV alone. Also all the movie channels in India are chopping off half of the scenes from hollywood flicks now and that ruins everything anyway

Same here.

This happens daily with me. whenever anyone come i press START button(win 8) or Minimize it.:lol:

looks like I need to install win 8 just for this single feature.

who watches hollywood movies with speakers on , while parents at home. ?

Me :D

The moment when suddenly that sound comes ( the screaming that seems more like p0** ), and your speakers are cranking loud , while your parents sitting in adjoining room. That moment , ...scary and un-explainable.
And this type of sound is present in almost every other hollywood movie with comedy or action plot.

Dare watching movies like "Don John" with your HT blowing the wind. You'll soon realize something new....

I always lower the volume quickly ;)

if i told my parents about Barney and his tactics, they'll think I'm watching How I F**ked Your Mother :p
if i told my parents about Leonard and Penny, they'll think I'm watching Bang Bang Theory :D
if i told my parents about Charlie's methodology of women, they'll think I'm watching Two And A Half Men doing it with dozens of women. :rofl:

Epic.

I game only from 11 Pm to about 3 Am rest only browsing and a little YouTube and nothing else.

I used to and still I do if I get time.

he is topgear's brother :lol:

Damn true.

nice to know .. really :D

This is the condition when I am home. Since later I can sleep as long as I want. Whereas in hostel who is there to check out what I am doing.

I don't sleep much .. may be 4 - 6 hours a day and when I hikes out for a day even less than that. Recently got jam packed on a general compartment of SF train but when I looked at the nature I felt all these hassle were worth a shot ... ah, the fresh air and oxygen with breathtaking scenery of the ever youth nature.

I always keep hearing this from my mom in winters. today is my 7th day since I last took a bath :p I just don't feel the need in winters :lol:

Mine too :wink:

It Does matter :wink:

I always take a bath daily even cold water will do just fine.

don't be naughty :D

most of the parents of the members will be atleast 45-50 plus. so i guess,they wont game. :)
bu the next generation parents will be a different story. :p

Generation G or shall we call RoGP = Republic of Gamer Parents.

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
Stop rash driving

THEN STOP IT! >.<
Caps are intentional.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/fight-club/167930-road-sense-sorry-whats.html
:banghead:

Reading this thread makes me realize I'm very lucky. Got awesome parents! :D

I get to do anything I wish and buy anything I wish as I never waste money or make unnecessary purchases. I am never denied on any purchase as I always save pocket money before making purchase :thumbs:

Same here, I guess. :doublethumb:

$hadow

Geek in making
THEN STOP IT! >.<
Caps are intentional.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/fight-club/167930-road-sense-sorry-whats.html
:banghead:

Reading this thread makes me realize I'm very lucky. Got awesome parents! :D

Same here, I guess. :doublethumb:

Well mate the fact is that I drive only about 80 not more than that. But the uncles who saw me driving generally say to my dad your son drivers very rash having a rashy past with my driving dad used to ask me to keep a check on that but which I did but these people's do not understand ugh.

Top Bottom