Indian Film Industry's First Blue Ray Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
I have OSO in my hands, Planning to watch it this sunday;)

don't ask whether i purchased it or downloaded:p

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
What are the costs of these Blu ray Discs

& gary4gar please let us know how was the movie
Movie is complete Cr@p its same karz story with some masala. But yeah Quality Wise its good.

Deepika Looks Hot in High definition, i can see virtually everything:D

OP
W

W i d e S c r e e N

Ambassador of Buzz
8. Choose your 10 favourite titles (among the titles listed below) which you would like to own in a Blu-ray format?

Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge
Veer-Zaara
Fanaa
Dhoom:2
Mohabbateina
Dil To Pagal Hai
Kabhie Khushi Kabhie Gham
Kal Ho Naa Ho
Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna
Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
Chak De India
Kabhi Kabhie
Hum Tum
Dhoom
Bunty aur Babli
Black
Salaam Namaste
Ta Ra Rum Pum
Chandni
Silsila

*www.yashrajfilms.com/bluraysurvey/bluray.aspx

moshel

Padawan
geez thanks man

Now i have to allocate 35000+65000+1000 for this venture

PS3+Plasma[size undecided]+Bd Discs

Probable will wait for 1 year b4 everything crashes down

Just now received Samsung will introduce Bd players in May/Jun this year

35K for PS3???? deduct 10K. the 40gb ps3 costs 25K. so thats 10K less for you to save.

i guess due to the insane prices of BD players, going for a ps3 is the best bet. u get a high end gaming console along with a good BD player.

btw u will have to add the additional cost of the BD remote.

coming to the point. its really good to see the first hindi movie being released on blu-ray. and i suppose all credit goes to sajid khan who is a techie himself.
he said in one interview that the DVDs for heyy baby were made by remastering the audio to fit a home theatre 5.1 setup for homes. unlike other dvd creators who just put the same sound played in large screen theatres into the dvds for home viewing.

Stuge

Youngling
Blu ray in India .Give me a break .Please here still don't want to buy Dvds why would they buy Blu ray .

goobimama

 Macboy
Cause Blu ray gives you an edge. A lot of people now have these LCD/Plasma TVs and watching DVDs on them is no fun. Whats the point of spending 1lac on a TV when you aren't using it to the fullest? A blu ray player costs around 22k or so I think?

OP
W

W i d e S c r e e N

Ambassador of Buzz
update.

Saawariya

The Blur Ray disc of this film has created sensations as reference disc for the top notch quality that it has delivered.

(Disclaimer: Please note that these screenshots were captured at 1920X1080p & 1280x720p and then compressed using JPEG to improve the loading time. While it should give you a general idea of what a title will look like, it's not representative of the true quality that Blu-ray offers.)

1080p
*img225.imagevenue.com/loc232/th_21662_00011002689210636ci4_122_232lo.jpg

*img156.imagevenue.com/loc899/th_21664_00011024227205816lr9_122_899lo.jpg

720p
*img143.imagevenue.com/loc995/th_21688_pic5_122_995lo.jpg

*img235.imagevenue.com/loc21/th_21703_pic1_122_21lo.jpg

Screen shot courtesy Blue Ray.com & threads on Zulm.NET Forums

goobimama

 Macboy
Saawariya truly is an amazing transfer. The first Indian film I've seen with nice rich colours, and...it just looked awesome. And unlike many others, I actually liked the film!

CadCrazy

in search of myself
Saawariya truly is an amazing transfer. The first Indian film I've seen with nice rich colours, and...it just looked awesome. And unlike many others, I actually liked the film!

:shock. Kya main abnormal hun. Maine to ek ek karke apne sare kapde phad diye the is movie ko dekhte dekhte. Aur tum kehte ho mujhe movie achi lagi.
The first Indian film I've seen with nice rich colours, and...it just looked awesome

+1

goobimama

 Macboy
Okay first of all I didn't understand a word you just said, but I get the drift that you didn't like the movie. Luckily for me, all of my friends said the movie sucked big time and they went on about it. I think that lowered my expectations so much that I ended up liking the film (same thing happened with Ghost Rider).

CadCrazy

in search of myself
Yes Saawariya sucked big time. But Ghost Rider was not that bad :D

*www.yashrajfilms.com/bluraysurvey/bluray.aspx8. Choose your 10 favourite titles (among the titles listed below) which you would like to own in a Blu-ray format?

Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge
Dhoom:2
Mohabbatein
Dil To Pagal Hai
Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
Chak De India
Hum Tum
Dhoom
Black
Salaam Namaste

I hate piracy. I'll download them legally :D

Last edited: