Indian brand vs any other alien brand

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
this will help if someone can come up with a "wholly indian" company list of commonly purchased items

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
so tdf is going pro indian/swadeshi... i'm game for the idea.... someone will have to make a list..
but is it really going to be helpful? because an indian company may have foreign investors or an idian company may have it's production in china...?

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^exactly, don't think there is a difference really, on something like Bata or say Cadbury. Micromax is a go or no go? what about Croma speakers, keyboards, usb drives and tripods - are they indian?? even Hindustan Motors that makes Ambassadors even that came as a gift from Britain so is that wholly indian or what?

maybe it makes sense if you give your clothes to stitching at the local tailor
buy supplies from the kirana instead of a mall

but donno if all that is progressive or regressive, or practical

but think a start is don't buy useless things, so no bottled water, no cola

ssk_the_gr8

agreed,
but i've always wanted to go indian, maybe we can go indian on at least cosmetics and buy maybe meswak, medimix and stuff :p

Flash

Lost in speed
Unless our makers prefer QUALITY over PROFIT , its hard for us to catch up in International or even national market.
Plus, media drives the sale of foreign brands.

In my view, we dont spend much money for ads. Hence, we are low.

Anish

Spectre
If Indian Brands prefer quality in contrast with quantity/profit, People will automatically shift to Indian products.
Nevertheless, India is becoming a vital place for foreign investments!
Remember the "cutting of chinese melon" ? :p
Similar is happening to India in terms of trade...

AcceleratorX

Youngling
Rishi said:
You should stop Smoking , Its Injurious to health.

While I agree, it is not our place to tell people what they should and should not do. I say this even though I am a born asthmatic who is highly affected by cigarette smoke in public places. For that matter ITC was not an Indian company in the beginning....:p

Flash

Lost in speed
I can only see chinese goods flooding the market. India should ban import of chinese goods.
Not all the chinese products are cr@p!
FYI. Haier and Lenovo are chinese companies!

Cheap products made by cheapest vendors should be banned. Not the entire countries goods!

havoknation

Journeyman
It's nice to see geeks discussing economics! Certainly sounds better than economists discussing geeky things!

lol true.. the thing is, its not about we are spending on foreign companies. The thing is Politicians of India are eating our economy.

PS : I went for river rafting (120km away from Pune) ie Kundalika (kundalikarafting.in) and we friends stayed at one farm house which was hugeeee. I asked their manager that how much covered land you guys are using. He said 2 acres. Then I asked about the owner of that farm house, he said he is a business man based of Mumbai. Then he suddenly replied by pointing it finger to one island that Sir that island is 150 acres in area and it belongs to one minister from Mumbai. I was like :x
See we guys can not even imagine to buy 1 acre land and these ministers has n acres land on different names. I dont know where will they take this money. They should have learn something from big giants like Bill gates who donated his max wealth to charity.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
I started thinking about it when i saw a post on Facebook about Indian economy falling down because of usage of foreign goods more than Indian. The post also said that 12 months earlier 1 usd was 39 inr but now it is 1 usd is 56 inr:shock:. I stated thinking that are Indian products good and what about their after sales service. Please reply about what you think about it...

on FB-

just 2 mins plz... very usefull and interesting

MUST READ...
SPEND 3min to read this and make your Future Bright

YOU CAN MAKE A HUGE DIFFERENCE TO THE INDIAN ECONOMY .
Before 12 months 1 US $ = IND Rs 39
After 12 months, now 1 $ = IND Rs 56.619
Do you think US Economy is booming? No, but Indian Economy is Going Down.
Our economy is in your hands...

A cold drink that costs only 70 / 80 paisa toproduce, is sold for Rs.9 and a major chunk of profits from these are sent abroad. This is a serious drain on INDIAN economy.

What you can do about it?
1. Buy only products manufactured by WHOLLY INDIAN COMPANIES.
2.You don't need to give-up your lifestyle. You just need to choose an alternate product.

Every INDIAN product you buy makes a big difference. It saves INDIA. Let us take a firm decision today.
BUY INDIAN TO BE INDIAN...

What you dont understand is that even though you will think you are buying from Indian companies - " you will be making china rich " , as most of the manufacturing equipment comes from China, so do the materials except for a few.

And if you are talking about manufacturing of soft-drinks and other such off-shore firms, then yes the money goes abroad.

And no the Indian economy is not draining because of this, it is simply because of the huge deficit that has been created ( thanks to the numerous scams which have taken place ).

What has happened is that the money has been diverted into these various scams, although this wealth is hidden you can see it when you see the fancy sports cars in your locality.
All the money which was supposed to go in the development of infrastructure and the system is now going to : beds and cars and kitchens made in germany, imported italian footwear purses and clothing. And i forgot international tours .

This has created a huge burden on the tax, which is a major revenue for the government, Since there has not been much increase in the pay scales, a large amount of money is going in taxes and not where it should be going - banks and spending on goods. Which has inturn decrease the industry output.

Also, since the tax increases - not only income tax, prices of fuels have been increased to meet the fiscal deficit. And probably even the FDI which is being introduced now is going to pour in the money to the govt.

So instead of the money going from the system to the people, it is going in the system again as a result the amount of money in the hand of the people which they can spend is low.

Also , if you compare there is another reason. Since inflation has been going up so has the exchange rate. If i could buy a packet of biscuits last year for about 20 rs and say the exchange rate was 44 and now its 30 so exchange rate is 56 . the ratio is almost the same.

Exchange rate does not depend only on the factor of how much gold you import / export, but also how much dollar currency you have with you. India has taken huge amounts of Dollar loans from IMF , World Bank etc, as a result there is a decrease in the storage of dollar currency. That is another reason why this has happened.

mastervk

In the zone
i don't think buying Indian made products will help in dollar /rupee exchange rate...exchange rate depends more on macro things than such things ..also it is not always bad to have a high exchange rate... it is bad for economy if we are net importer..if we import less and export more than it is better to have even 100 rs = 1$ (like japan yen vs $)..

the single most reason for our loss is petroleum products..if India don't need to import petroleum products and this exchange rate will be beneficial for India..for eg IT benefits from high exchange rate ...

now apart for benefiting exchange rate i do support buying local if there is not much difference in quality.. use local soaps/tootpaste/oil etc (like ramdev baba patanjali products..insert your fav baba here :p)..

i even used micromax for 2 years as i wanted to give them chance..

i dont drink coke etc but coke is produced in India and even though parent company is American these products support Indian economy(manufacturing,transport,mom and pop stores etc)..just because a product is not made in Indian doesn't mean that it is not contributing to Indian economy..

ssk_the_gr8

just because a product is not made in Indian doesn't mean that it is not contributing to Indian economy..

exactly.... so even if the swadeshi plan is good in its motive implementing it is difficult in this global economy

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
Unless our makers prefer QUALITY over PROFIT , its hard for us to catch up in International or even national market.
Plus, media drives the sale of foreign brands.

In my view, we dont spend much money for ads. Hence, we are low.

any company fully indian or foreign ALWAYS prefer profit over quality(maybe because employees are indian)
every company that is based in india has bullsh!t CC

manufacturing,transport,mom and pop stores etc)
please use the relevant indian word for this :smile:

whatever anyone does those slit-eyed commies sitting on the other side of the border will always get rich

Top Bottom