India/China and spammers

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ Thats really not a good idea. May be, a strong captcha like re-captcha will reduce the spam? I am using for my site and it's rock solid.

I go with LFC_Fan's suggestion, coz we have plenty of mods at any given time in a day.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
Nope furious, reCAPCTHA is bad. Having simple questions/answers is better. I have experienced it.

Also, please note that the problem does not lie with registration. Just like us or genuine users spammers can also create account because they are real human beings. The problem is to restrict them from spreading spam.

Last edited:
OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have added questions and really good ones. :p

QnA enabled for till 10 posts.

OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
First of all to counter idiotic users (there are few with 1000+ posts as well), use the RAWK feature like "No New Topics for LFC". That way the idiots won't be able to create stupid new threads. This can be done by a new group for them I guess.
I am in support of this. Is anyone else?

@ico
can i make another profile so I can chech it :D ?
Just log-out and click the registration button. Keep on refreshing it to change questions. Those type of questions will be asked to new members till they reach a post count of 10.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
I am in. But simply doing this by keeping in mind the past clashes with that user is not gonna work. Mods need to be genuine and if they fins he is a spammer, he can do that.

OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Give'em a calculus problem to solve, only the geeks shall pass.
lol, Liverpool_fan has been saying this every time this discussion pops up on IRC. I don't know why he didn't post in this thread. :lol:

Okay, let us see the traffic quality. Ico is it implemented. First 10x posts+QaA...?
yup, I have implemented it. Increased the number of questions at registration and random questions will be asked till the user reaches a post count of 10.

I'll be trying it out with a dummy account soon.

Alok

Adventurer
I checked the security but it seems a lock.

I answered a lot but it still keep asking :-D lol anybody tell me that how many QnA are there:-q

Top Bottom