India’s first manned space flight trial in 2015

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
but still every RnD in India is dependent on US/Russia/Chinese assistance and products
not every RnD.ISRO & Atomic energy sectors are indigenous & also because technology transfer in these areas is prohibited so you only have 2 options:a)develop it(like India did) or b)steal it(like Pakistan did).

bubusam13

Human
not every RnD.ISRO & Atomic energy sectors are indigenous & also because technology transfer in these areas is prohibited so you only have 2 options:a)develop it(like India did) or b)steal it(like Pakistan did).

Correct. Infact assistance is necessary. Technology now a days is so much advanced that if you start RnD from the scratch, you will never reach the top. Here, you have to start from the mid of the ladder and not from the bottom.
I only hope it's not a scam, otherwise I have thumbs up for this mission.

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
Yes you are right not everything but my point is for example -why we are still importing russian reactor for kudankulam?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
we are buying russian & french reactors because it is for civilian use which means cost factor has to be kept in mind which is not a matter of concern for defense needs.military purpose nuclear reactors are different from civilian purpose nuclear reactors in terms of designing as well as operating.

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Yes you are right not everything but my point is for example -why we are still importing russian reactor for kudankulam?

India is developing their own reactors...Department of Atomic energy doesn't tend to showcase in public but many indian reactors are already functioning example tarapur,kakrapar etc...

we are buying russian & french reactors because it is for civilian use which means cost factor has to be kept in mind which is not a matter of concern for defense needs.military purpose nuclear reactors are different from civilian purpose nuclear reactors in terms of designing as well as operating.

Yeah this kind of sums up the query..Also since the nuclear deal was struck,India has separated both civilian and military needs

U.S also has been trying in the form of GE to setup a nuclear plant here for few years now... India is working both ways..trying to meet the energy needs as well as developing its own reactors...

icebags

Technomancer

2 reasons.
# admins responsible for funding have know idea what it's all about and/or get involved in scams.
# lack of talented/ experienced human resource in those field. those who graduate/post graduate/doctorate from college/universities know how these all work because thats all written in book, but they don't know how to build them or what equips to look for to build them. (not to forget all top grade students want to do mba, who cares about what in the rusty old machines in physics / mechanical / electrical labs do or even whats in there)

a joke lookalike i heard from years ago:

minister came to visit new chemical RnD & manufacturing plant: what are we making here ?
plant md : isotopes of this and that.
minister : so, will u guarantee quality of these isotopes will be better than that we import from there ?
plant md : [speechless]

Last edited:

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
when the Indian space ships will land on Moon and Mars, chinese would have already painted all rocks and stone with Red...........

by the way will this space launch or the space ship will be named after any other "Gandhi" like all roads, bridges, sea link etc etc. are named

Ironman

In the zone
apparently our top notch or even upper mediocre students are not interested in core physics/ mechanical thermodynamics, as much as they are interested in doing some computer/software job or sitting in the high salaried chair of some multinational company after doing an mba. you can make blue prints of an aircraft/rocket chassis with software modelling, but can you do the same with an engine ?

they need to conduct multiple tests, analyze the results, do the modifications/upgradations, then testing again - as much as 4-5 cycles to make sure the people to be sitting on top of those tons of fuel will walk on earth after next few days. can it really be done in 2-3 years ? :eek: 2025 will perhaps be a better goal to think about.

Many are i suppose
atleast i was extremely interested in aerospace engineering , but did not got a chance to study it
so had to take up computer science

so its not lack of interest , its lack of opportunity
many iits but only 4 study Aerospace engg
and rest of the colleges are not even on par in quality

Worst case scenario: They buy cheap chinese spaceships and try to pass it off as indigenous inventions :D

Thas how you get the money and the fame too

I think our stupid politicians should stop squabbling and concentrate more on space exploration.
no the need MOAR MOAR and MOAR money , power , and ............... (Just fill in )

Please play Rise of Nations to see how Rockets help a nation
haha
What a terrible waste of resources you are doing of your Internet access and time, by posting your negativism on a forum... when you can teach or train some underprivileged children about PC or Internet for free.

Sorry.. but you pushed me. :/
HAHA HAHA

Top Bottom