In Ear Headphone With Mic For Android

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Dude, currently I am studying in Silchar which is located in Assam- An Eastern region state... Am sure they will ship to Kolkata since they can ship to Assam!!! :)

Thanks...Ordered one Yesterday (Final Checkout Price will be 968/- including Tax & Shipping Charges) , I contacted them via there E-Mail Support and within a min or two got reply. They Shipped & Today it reached Kolkata Hub (according to Tracking Page) but I may not get them before Tuesday.

Can someone reply?. Should i go for ED9 (Not sure whether they will ship to south region), Xiaomi Piston (Not sure which model), sennheiser cx 275s or soundmagic ES 18S?

If you want ED9 shoot them an E-mail with your PIN code, I'm sure they definitely reply - There Courier Partner is Blue Dart. So Far I used Piston 2.0 above mentioned IEM - Lets see how this one comparing to Piston 2.0.

Can't wait to know.... what this KZ madness all over the net.

Last edited:
OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Look at the price for ED9 on ebay. Not sure why so high

KZ ED9 Earphones Heavy Bass Hifi DJ Stereo Noise Isolation Ipod Iphone MP3 | eBay

- - - Updated - - -

Can someone tell me how ED 9 is better than the sennheiser and soundmagic models i have mentioned earlier?

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Has anyone bought the ED9?. Can they share the review?

It could be definitely worth upgrade to lower iems like sounmagic etc under 2k. but at 2k my guess is t peos is still better choice.

BTW you can get ED9 from here...
Knowledge Zenith ED9

Contact hifinage for detail clarifications.

I hope this helps.

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Including shipping and tax Hifinage charging me 968/- whereas a ES18S will only cost 695 from amazon. Should i order ED9 or ES18S ?

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Ordered and received a new ED9. Been using it for last 4 days. Don't think I can post a review of it. But here is my opinion.
Sound is good although I have only used it for watching movie clips and tv shows. Have not got around to listening to music yet. My biggest worry however is that it looks very cheap, especially the cables. Not sure if it will last for years. But sometimes looks can be deceiving. Only time will tell.

Techguy

In the zone
Ordered and received a new ED9. Been using it for last 4 days. Don't think I can post a review of it. But here is my opinion.
Sound is good although I have only used it for watching movie clips and tv shows. Have not got around to listening to music yet. My biggest worry however is that it looks very cheap, especially the cables. Not sure if it will last for years. But sometimes looks can be deceiving. Only time will tell.

How's the sound isolation? Can you compare it to any other IEM's ? Piston?

dissel

Cyborg Agent
How's the sound isolation? Can you compare it to any other IEM's ? Piston?

No Idea about Piston 3 Though,
Comparing Piston 2.0 -> ED-9 is defiantly upgrade in Sound Quality...Vocals (Mids) are not suppressed due to other frequency.

Point to note with ED-9 or most KZ IEM with Mic comes only with Single Button (Play /Pause & Next Song, Phone Call Supported) - No Vol Up / Down.

No Complete Sound Isolation.

Techguy

In the zone
No Idea about Piston 3 Though,
Comparing Piston 2.0 -> ED-9 is defiantly upgrade in Sound Quality...Vocals (Mids) are not suppressed due to other frequency.

Point to note with ED-9 or most KZ IEM with Mic comes only with Single Button (Play /Pause & Next Song, Phone Call Supported) - No Vol Up / Down.

No Complete Sound Isolation.

Noise isolation/ fit compared to Piston2? Comfort?
So ED9 is better than Piston 2 when it comes to sound?

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Noise isolation/ fit compared to Piston2? Comfort?

Piston 2 (P2) is Very Light (sometime feels there is nothing in my ear if Music not playing) comparing ED-9 but during usage (No Running or Work out though) I didn't feel ED-9 is heavy or going to fall from the Ear or So... I used Medium Size Ear Tip with Both Filter which provide perfect fit & isolation , but some user may snuggest Small Tip for the Neutral Filter (Brass) to get perfect fit / isolation.

When Music playing Noise Cancellation is excellent - But if the music paused you can continue conversation with other people situated near you or same room...and so is the case of P2.

So ED9 is better than Piston 2 when it comes to sound?

This is subjective - I find ED-9 is better sounding than P2, The Difference is not that huge... with Bass (Gold) Filter - User with ED-9 and P2 get same amount of Bass & Treble - There is no change, but ED-9 can yield good amount of Mids / Vocal comparing P2....and with Neutral Filter (Brass) the sound of ED-9 goes to different category <--- This is why this ED-9 is so popular/ praise among audio enthusiastic.

----

If you are into EDM and Bass Only - Go For Piston (as the comfort is proven fact for P2) and you also get complete remote mic with vol up and down - But if you care about detailing (with Tight Budget) - chose no other than ED-9.

Last edited:

Techguy

In the zone
Piston 2 (P2) is Very Light (sometime feels there is nothing in my ear if Music not playing) comparing ED-9 but during usage (No Running or Work out though) I didn't feel ED-9 is heavy or going to fall from the Ear or So... I used Medium Size Ear Tip with Both Filter which provide perfect fit & isolation , but some user may snuggest Small Tip for the Neutral Filter (Brass) to get perfect fit / isolation.

When Music playing Noise Cancellation is excellent - But if the music paused you can continue conversation with other people situated near you or same room...and so is the case of P2.

This is subjective - I find ED-9 is better sounding than P2, The Difference is not that huge... with Bass (Gold) Filter - User with ED-9 and P2 get same amount of Bass & Treble - There is no change, but ED-9 can yield good amount of Mids / Vocal comparing P2....and with Neutral Filter (Brass) the sound of ED-9 goes to different category <--- This is why this ED-9 is so popular/ praise among audio enthusiastic.

----

If you are into EDM and Bass Only - Go For Piston (as the comfort is proven fact for P2) and you also get complete remote mic with vol up and down - But if you care about detailing (with Tight Budget) - chose no other than ED-9.

Sound Isolation? I travel by bus; will it leak noises from outside?>

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Hi all! don't know if i can use the same thread. My ED9 had just gone faulty( left channel is not working). The 1 year warranty only covers manufacturing defects(Never read through the warranty conditions before buying. My bad!). Above that i am also not able to find my bill. So i don't think i will be getting a replacement. So please suggest me a good In Ear headphone with mic which i would be using for watching movies / tv series/ music and talking on phone. Budget remains same.Please help

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
How is mi piston 3?

Sent from my LG-D802T using Tapatalk
Anyone?

Sent from my LG-D802T using Tapatalk

- - - Updated - - -

I have narrowed down my options to :

Soundmagic ES 18S In-Ear Headphones with Mic (Black/Silver)

xiaomi mi piston 3

Any help in deciding will be much appreciated!

- - - Updated - - -

bump!

- - - Updated - - -

bump again!

Top Bottom