I'm new to videography - How did you reduce noise with your Canon 550d?

audiophilic

Journeyman
Hey guys,

I've just bought a new canon 550D and have been playing around with it. I didn't specifically buy it for photography. I'm into videography and i thought it would be a great start.

The only issue i'm facing is the noise, which happens during night. DUring day, noise is not ther - well its there but not that much.

What do you guys think? What settings should i go for with the ISO on low light conditions?

If possible, please post some photos to tell me the difference.! Thanks

sujoyp

Grand Master
ok soo u want to remove noise from video right??
Then i have 2 solutions for you

1. get a lens with low light capabilities like canon 50mm 1.8 ...due to its big aperture u can definitely get good video

2. Get a continuous light source like videographers do at parties and marriages :)

if u can increase the ISO of the video then I am sure after ISO 400 the video quality will degrade

BTW whan u have both of those only then u will have satisfactory video at night...low light is not easy to cope

OP
audiophilic

audiophilic

Journeyman
ok soo u want to remove noise from video right??
Then i have 2 solutions for you

1. get a lens with low light capabilities like canon 50mm 1.8 ...due to its big aperture u can definitely get good video

2. Get a continuous light source like videographers do at parties and marriages :)

if u can increase the ISO of the video then I am sure after ISO 400 the video quality will degrade

BTW whan u have both of those only then u will have satisfactory video at night...low light is not easy to cope

You're right man. I'm planning to buy a couple of flashes with remotes, hopefully they will shed some light on the darkness. Which cam are you using? And how do you shoot your videos? DO you use a tripod? or handheld?
Have you tried creating a movie?
I'm planning to shoot a small movie but can't find actors lol!

sujoyp

Grand Master
u r planning to buy flashes but for video u need continous light ...flash will blink and go....i will give u link if I get it soon :)
I have a D3100..I didnt try much on videos...but 550D is much more capable then mine for videos...

for video I think u need some continous light sources, a pan-head tripod which are cheap and some actors :D

A pan head tripod will have handle to slowly rotate the camera from left to right or right to left without disturbance..

OP
audiophilic

audiophilic

Journeyman
u r planning to buy flashes but for video u need continous light ...flash will blink and go....i will give u link if I get it soon :)
I have a D3100..I didnt try much on videos...but 550D is much more capable then mine for videos...

for video I think u need some continous light sources, a pan-head tripod which are cheap and some actors :D

A pan head tripod will have handle to slowly rotate the camera from left to right or right to left without disturbance..

Do you know anyone in india who is selling the light sources? How can i buy them online? And for good video, do i also need a light reflectors?

sujoyp

Grand Master
u can try ebay.in ...search with 'video light' :)

I checked many websites but didnt find anything

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
You wouldn't happen to be using that stock lens, would you? If I were you, getting a lens that does well in low-light is much better option than getting a light for making videos.

Top Bottom