I'm currently experiencing double speed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

virilecliffhanger

I ain't afraid of nothin'
I'm on 1000 plan in hyderabad and get around 2.5 Mbps max ... well 2 to 2.5 Mbps actually. During night unlimited... I can easily download atleast 4.5GB of data with torrents having atleast 30 seeds. No restrictions on night unlimited... I heard that BSNL introduced new plans but I couldn't find good ones with night unlimited than this one. Cuz even if you misuse or watch youtube long time .. use skype long time you won't regret as you ahve 5 GB limit.

Any suggestions from the new plans released by BSNL?

azzu

AJJU
I'm on 1000 plan in hyderabad and get around 2.5 Mbps max ... well 2 to 2.5 Mbps actually. During night unlimited... I can easily download atleast 4.5GB of data with torrents having atleast 30 seeds. No restrictions on night unlimited... I heard that BSNL introduced new plans but I couldn't find good ones with night unlimited than this one. Cuz even if you misuse or watch youtube long time .. use skype long time you won't regret as you ahve 5 GB limit.

Any suggestions from the new plans released by BSNL?

the new plans released (stated) are still not available in Andhra pradesh :(

vishuis_in

Broken In
Okay... not exactly the same scenario and not even the same service provider.... but every once in a while my service provider "Hathway" used to go crazy or something and the kind of speed that I've experienced can only be dreamt of in India.

This used to happen atleast once every month. It started in Aug'09 and continued till Feb'10. But now Hathway seems to have figured it out.

I've kept a proof of this -

*www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/9b1f3e62f6.png

*www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/7c727cd54a.png

I've downloaded 25+ gbs in 4-hrs flat(18 to 24 mbps)!!!

This kind of speed has never affected me negatively, since I'm on 512kbps unlimited plan. So download quota used to be least of my worries. Infact my Premium Rapidshare A/c ran out of quota, otherwise only god knows that what new record I could've set downloading data in a single day :b ....

Well, as far as Airtel is concerned, they did a press release about a month ago about it.
I am also getting 512 Kbps on my 256 kbps unlimited connection, and 2 Mbps for *www.youtube.com/ipl , the official IPL broadcasting youtube channel. As fast I know, this is not temporary and will continue as according to the press release, all the plans of Airtel are going to be 512 kbps+ by June 2010. The minimum speed offered will be 512 kbps and all the existing subscribers will get double the speed of their current plan, upto 1 Mbps plan, free of cost. This means :

256 Kbps will become 512 Kbps
512 Kbps will become 1 Mbps
1 Mbps will become 2 Mbps

What will happen to existing 2 Mbps customer, I dont know. They haven't specified it in the press release. This was announced along with the "Impatient Ones" plans of 4 Mbps.

The press release states that this process of upgradation will complete by June 2010 but I guess Metropolitan cities have begun to see the effects.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Yes, me get the normal speed now UL750 Plus, but I read the somewhere they told they can continue to 29/4 or 30/4.

sujoyp

Grand Master
512kbps was very good...but Rs.1350 is just too much...y cant bsnl provide deals like mtnl...its providing 512UL under Rs.1000

Rockstar11

Technomancer
512kbps was very good...but Rs.1350 is just too much...y cant bsnl provide deals like mtnl...its providing 512UL under Rs.1000

+1
:mad:

MTNL - DSL_Unlimited_599 - 512 Kbps Unlimited - Rs.599/-

BSNL - Home UL 1350 PLUS - 512 kbps Unlimited - Rs.1350/-

MTNL DSL_Unlimited_Games_1350 1.152 Mbps Unlimited Rs.1350/-

Yeah... m also getting normal speed now... but wasnt this promo scheme was till 30th April ??

+1 :(

maxmk

*eitwebguru.com
yeah.. speed reduced.. but I am not even getting normal speed... :(

I am getting download speed of 2kbps from UK based server which is normally goes upto 30 -31 kbps on UL750 plan.... I have logged an complaint..and awaiting their reply..

motobuntu

Journeyman
yeah.. speed reduced.. but I am not even getting normal speed... :(

I am getting download speed of 2kbps from UK based server which is normally goes upto 30 -31 kbps on UL750 plan.... I have logged an complaint..and awaiting their reply..

"The disruption in the SEA-ME-WE 4 undersea submarine cable system, which links South East Asia and Europe, is likely to affect the
high-speed Internet services in the country."

I am also facing the same problem.

Source: *economictimes.indiatimes.com/infot...net-service-in-India-/articleshow/5855874.cms

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
My speed is again 256kbps now and torrents are going at 20-28kbps now. BSNL cheated. No surprise. :-(

what are talking about man? that double bandwidth was promotional only. They can take it back to what you are paying for anytime. What's cheating in that. BSNL may not be as professional as pvt players but they never overcharged me or cheated me in any other way for that matter.
Plus as motobuntu said...the sudden drop in speed is due to cable repair..nothing else..

IloveInet

Right off the assembly line
Im currently experiencing double speed

Due to the site being relativly slow these days, we are getting alot of double and triple posts, to avoid this, take your time posting dont keep clicking "submit post" if it doesnt work the first time. thank you

Rahim

Married!
*www.speedtest.net/result/815422210.png

1350 UL :( Damn BSNL has to up the speed to 1 mbps. Its a must now.

Davidboon

In the zone
Hey guys its back again!
I just saw a speed increase in my torrent downloads and did a speedtest . and here's the result . i have 256 kBps UL plan .
*img155.imageshack.us/img155/1653/capturewt.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom