IIT Student Cured From Cancer By Yoga (Patanjali Yogpeeth)

OP
R

rishitells

Always in Dreams...
your response is obvious, there is no reason to curse... :)

I am working on it, to obtain reported cases, and I will come to you with proof. But I request you guys, not to disprove anything on the basis of someone's reputation.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
@Rishabh

It's not based on reputation, it's basic science. tkin explained it well and you might google it for yourself. We are not posting just for the sake of it, this news is just un-believable and even if he get cured, that's not because of Yoga. If so, then why so many cancer research centres all around the world?

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
@Rishabh
If so, then why so many cancer research centres all around the world?

You have to understand that the working of Yoga and the cancer centers are totally different.
Problem is Yoga and ancient science has not been studied well enough to give a step by step breakdown of how it works. (probably it is not possible with the current medical progress).
That is why so many people have this negative attitude towards it, cause for some reason if you can't understand how it works then it doesn't work.
But that doesn't mean that it doesn't work . You just can't disprove so many cases of Yoga curing patients that modern medicine couldn't.
Yoga is very very powerful and I believe that it might cure cancer , although it might not be possible to explain HOW it does with current medical knowledge we have.

P.S. No one cares about your one char responses :-D...

tkin

Back to school!!
You have to understand that the working of Yoga and the cancer centers are totally different.
Problem is Yoga and ancient science has not been studied well enough to give a step by step breakdown of how it works. (probably it is not possible with the current medical progress).
That is why so many people have this negative attitude towards it, cause for some reason if you can't understand how it works then it doesn't work.
But that doesn't mean that it doesn't work . You just can't disprove so many cases of Yoga curing patients that modern medicine couldn't.
Yoga is very very powerful and I believe that it might cure cancer , although it might not be possible to explain HOW it does with current medical knowledge we have.

And I can walk on water!!

What do you want to say guys? The Boy is Lying?? or the whole news if fake?
Think twice before arguing. If you don't believe, I can't do anything.
If it were a publicity stunt by Swami Ramdev, he would have been arrested for misleading people in name of treatment. He is working for last 20 Years for Yoga and Ayurveda, and he is a real hero to me. But don't think that is the reason I post it here.
Yoga is curing cancer, and for those who don't believe, I challenge them to disprove it the way they want....

I don't know what you guys think. Why would he do publicity stunt when he is already popular among his followers? As for lost images, guys, I want you to tell that Swami Ramdev surrendered to police 3 TIMES, and every media channel showed it. In an interview, Deepak Chaurasia clearly stated that Swami Ramdev did surrender, but the police didn't arrest him, so there was no other way than to get out from there. But please, let't not get into this.

As for cancer, if you dare, disprove me, and disprove the the whole Yoga Science.
The case is reported, and how can you challenge it without analyzing?
Yeah, Ok, I am waiting for proof, there has been NEVER a reported case of cancer curing itself, in rarest cases HIV+ patients may not have aids(minuscule chance) but never a cancer patient.

Yes, I can't disprove you cause I am sure no sane minded cancer patient would rather do yoga than going to a doctor, and about ramdev's arrest, how does his being arrested prove he is genuine? I mean gangsters/ murderers get arrested, I wonder how genuine they are..............

And about stuff being reported remember the indian boy who got a chance to go to NASA after designing a space station or something? The news was all over indian media, I just posted a link few days back showing that it was a scam, wait sometime, I'll show you the link.

Bottom line: Don't trust indian media and also if you have a disease go to a real doctor, some diseases like gastritis, ulcers etc can be cured by yoga due to healthier lifestyle but not cancer.

PS: Yoga can prevent cancer due to healthier lifestyle but once it happens yoga can't cure it.

From Wikipedia:
Alternative treatments

Alternative cancer treatments are treatments used by alternative medicine practitioners. These are a group of non-related interventions that do not fit the rigors of Western medicine and include mind–body interventions, herbal preparations, massage, acupuncture, reiki, electrical stimulation devices, and a variety of strict dietary regimens among others.

Alternative cancer treatments have never been shown to be effective at killing cancer cells in research studies, but remain popular in some cultures and religions. Some are dangerous, but most are harmless or provide the patient with a degree of physical or emotional comfort. Alternative cancer treatment has also been a fertile field for hoaxes aimed at stripping desperate patients of their money.[88]

Many physicians are supportive of patients using alternative medicine in addition to standard management, especially for symptom management, though certain types of alternative herbs or diets could actually interfere with treatments and should be discussed with an oncologist if undergoing chemotherapy or radiation treatments.[89][90][91][92]

One more thing:
Views on AIDS and sex education

In December 2006, Swami Ramdev claimed to cure diseases such as AIDS and cancer through yoga and ayurvedic drugs sold by his Divya Yoga Mandir Trust. He also went on to suggest that sex education should be replaced by yoga, as hee way to AIDS awareness, prevention and a cure.[79] "Sex education in schools need [sic] to be replaced by yoga education," Ramdev told reporters at the state health minister's residence. As a consequence of these public statements he was sent a cease and desist order by the Indian Union Health Ministry to avoid making such claims in the future, and the civil society threatened legal action.[80] In response, Ramdev retracted his statement and said the claims were not directly his, but those of patients who practiced yoga.[81]

Claims of curing cancer

Other press reports quoted him as claiming to have a cure for cancer of the breast, liver, prostate, uterus, pituitary gland, and brain, as well as leukemia, by practicing breathing exercises. In a residential camp held in Yog Gram, Haridwar during 19–25 June 2008, several cancer patients stepped forward to recount first-hand stories of their successful bouts with prostate and breast cancer and leukemia using Pranayam, or breathing exercises.[82] Swami Ramdev has claimed to have documented proof of his successes, but has failed to provide any to the media or the Health Ministry.
This made my day :rofl:

AcceleratorX

Youngling
a) Being an IIT student gives you ZERO credibility advantage. They are no better or worse at least as human beings than anyone else.

b) Certain aspects of lifestyle have been known to have an effect on cancer. It was observed in lab rats that eating in moderation and sticking to vegetarian foods greatly slowed down, or in some cases, halted the progress of cancer.

c) Lab rats, however, are much simpler in genetic and organizational structure than humans - therefore what works on them will not work very effectively on us. Remember always, in biology, the more differentiated a cell gets, the more difficult it is to regenerate cells since the "pool" for regeneration is reduced due to all the specialization. Lower organisms have less specialized cells, therefore more cells can be "re-purposed" for repair and maintenance of the body.

d) By using some weird mix of medicine, healthy food and rigorous body exercise, it may be possible to slow the growth of cancer. I really doubt this, but let's assume for just a minute this student's claim is true.

But slowing the growth of cancer is not curing it. There is no definitive cure till date. So, what I do think is that the yoga and diet structure made him feel better, and maybe his cancer growth got slowed (and everyone who does yoga will feel a little more fit than someone who does not). So he feels he is "getting cured". An interesting placebo, but one that will come back to bite him later.

(Assuming he really has cancer, of course :p)

EDIT: Examples of research on diet vs. cancer:

*cancerres.aacrjournals.org/content/40/2/403.short

This is only one paper. One of my friends did research as a medical scientist and found similar effects too. Meat promotes cancer. There are plenty such papers though.

Last edited:
OP
R

rishitells

Always in Dreams...

I appreciate your feedback brother.. at least you have a sense of understanding about our most ancient form of treatment, Yoga and Ayurveda, which is older than any form of treatment present is this world..

Swami Ramdev has already submitted many Reported Cases of Cancer Cure to AIIMS. Time will tell the truth. But you can't ignore what's in front of you...

Swami Ramdev has claimed to have documented proof of his successes, but has failed to provide any to the media or the Health Ministry.

No Media, and the Medical Science community, would ever accept it even if Swami Ramdev presents reports with 100% proof, because it will ruin the whole Cancer Research Industry, and the profit which they gain from Cancer Curing Hospitals. What will they do then?

Just open your minds guys. Before 10 Years ago, nobody believed Swami Ramdev, that he could cure any disease by Yoga. People though of Yoga as useless thing. Everybody laughed, and ignored him. But he kept on researching, and today, not only the world believes, but he has established the world most powerful Yoga and Ayurveda community. He is not just any person so that you can ignore him that easily. As for Cancer, he is already working on that... and he will prove himself, as always...

As for the Medical evaluation of Yoga and it's limitations, I would say Medical Science is not mature enough to tell what Yoga is, and what power it has. There was a time when Medical Science denied everything related to Yoga. And today, everybody believes. That doesn't mean I deny Medical Science, because it has another scope.

Sarath

iDota
The problem with this is that a huge sample of cases have to be treated successfully to finally come to the conclusion that yoga does cure cancer.

Coming to conclusions based on just one case is naive to say the least.

It is still too early to say whether it is successful or not.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Well, the boy is lucky to get cured of Cancer.

The same way lucky how he got selected in IIT-JEE :wink:

Anyways, this is good nes. Just like Sarath has said, this is still early.

OP
R

rishitells

Always in Dreams...
Well, the boy is lucky to get cured of Cancer.

The same way lucky how he got selected in IIT-JEE :wink:

Anyways, this is good nes. Just like Sarath has said, this is still early.

Agreed.. It may be too early. They are having Researches, and time will tell what comes out.
But if Yoga is capable of curing such deadly diseases (Which I am sure it is), there must be more and more researches on it, true or not? Let's not close our eyes guys...
Today, Patanjali Yogpeeth is probably the only Institution in this world researching on Yoga and Ayurveda. Thanks to it's founders, and this is pathetic that they even if they are doing their best to serve this world, they are being attacked.

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
a) Being an IIT student gives you ZERO credibility advantage. They are no better or worse at least as human beings than anyone else.

b) Certain aspects of lifestyle have been known to have an effect on cancer. It was observed in lab rats that eating in moderation and sticking to vegetarian foods greatly slowed down, or in some cases, halted the progress of cancer.

c) Lab rats, however, are much simpler in genetic and organizational structure than humans - therefore what works on them will not work very effectively on us. Remember always, in biology, the more differentiated a cell gets, the more difficult it is to regenerate cells since the "pool" for regeneration is reduced due to all the specialization. Lower organisms have less specialized cells, therefore more cells can be "re-purposed" for repair and maintenance of the body.

d) By using some weird mix of medicine, healthy food and rigorous body exercise, it may be possible to slow the growth of cancer. I really doubt this, but let's assume for just a minute this student's claim is true.

But slowing the growth of cancer is not curing it. There is no definitive cure till date. So, what I do think is that the yoga and diet structure made him feel better, and maybe his cancer growth got slowed (and everyone who does yoga will feel a little more fit than someone who does not). So he feels he is "getting cured". An interesting placebo, but one that will come back to bite him later.

(Assuming he really has cancer, of course :p)

EDIT: Examples of research on diet vs. cancer:

Protective Effect of Plant Sterols against Chemically Induced Colon Tumors in Rats

This is only one paper. One of my friends did research as a medical scientist and found similar effects too. Meat promotes cancer. There are plenty such papers though.
Summed it up very nicely.Unfortunately the OP will regurgitate the same 2 sentences about "health industry" conspiracy in reply .There is no point arguing.Let him believe.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
there are certain holes in western medicine, that even doctors acknowledge, they treat the body as doctors, instead of trying to heal it as healers. ayurveda considers medicine as a supplementary part of the healing process, while focussing on the body's powers to heal itself. a major cause for a lot of diseases is stress, and babas are good at making the stress go bye bye. In fact if you are stressed, you are more susceptible to some disease or the other.
although there are a ton of hacks and idiots doing wrong things with it (even hospital machines are used as much for the wrong reasons), dont rule it out as a valid branch of human knowledge.

tkin

Back to school!!
I already said earlier, healthy lifestyle a.k.a yoga will prevent and slow down the progression of cancer(unless its hereditary, in which case you are doomed anyway), but once cancer sets in it can't be cured, not even with modern medicine(there is still no definitive medicine that 'Cures' cancer, chemotherapy or surgery can be used to kill the cells of the tumors but that decreases you lifespan anyway), and one more thing, afaik yoga works slowly, so say 5 yrs for it to take effect, terminal cancer patients don't last 5 yrs in most cases. Yoga is good for relieving stress and a lot of diseases are cause by stress, but yoga cannot cure cancer or aids, its a blasphemous lie if anyone claims it.

OP
R

rishitells

Always in Dreams...
@tkin If you think Yoga is nothing more than a stress reliever, then you are seriously misguided. I think you've not visited any of the Yoga Camps by Patanjali Yogpeeth. I have, and what I experienced and saw there is out of Medical Science' Imagination.
I have seen cases where Cancer and many deadly diseases actually get cured, under strict guidance of Yoga Gurus. It's another thing I can't give you a proof right now.

Just gain some knowledge about what is Yoga, and then come back. Don't just sit back and say Yoga is stress reliever, huh. Yoga and Ayurveda is a complete branch of Human Knowledge. And it is derived from the most ancient books of humanity, the Vedas. Don't judge them on the basis of your limited intellect.

Yoga Works Slowly? Huh?
I got serious eye problems, plus my hairs became 30% white. I did Pranayama for 10 days, for 1-2 hours daily. Eye problems vanished totally, and the white hairs disappeared in a month. Do you have to say more??

tkin

Back to school!!
@tkin If you think Yoga is nothing more than a stress reliever, then you are seriously misguided. I think you've not visited any of the Yoga Camps by Patanjali Yogpeeth. I have, and what I experienced and saw there is out of Medical Science' Imagination.
I have seen cases where Cancer and many deadly diseases actually get cured, under strict guidance of Yoga Gurus. It's another thing I can't give you a proof right now.

Just gain some knowledge about what is Yoga, and then come back. Don't just sit back and say Yoga is stress reliever, huh. Yoga and Ayurveda is a complete branch of Human Knowledge. And it is derived from the most ancient books of humanity, the Vedas. Don't judge them on the basis of your limited intellect.

Yoga Works Slowly? Huh?
I got serious eye problems, plus my hairs became 30% white. I did Pranayama for 10 days, for 1-2 hours daily. Eye problems vanished totally, and the white hairs disappeared in a month. Do you have to say more??
Now I am seriously starting to doubt your motives, I used to do yoga earlier(for 2-3 yrs straight), but it didn't prevent my pancreatitis, and its much simpler compared to cancers. And you say that you had seen cancer getting cured?

OK, Ramdev fanatic here, people, don't bother posting.

What do you mean by "carelessness"?
Maybe you know, he got "OLD" :grin: and now that he did yoga his age decreased by 20yrs, OMG, yoga can make you immortal, don't over do it cause it will turn you into a baby if you do it too much, from white hair to no hair.

But then you can do reverse yoga to increase age.

Top Bottom