If you can't beat them, buy them; Facebook acquires whatsapp for $19 Billion

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ In that case it was hell of a bad deal for Mark. And a lottery for the 50 employees of WhatsApp.

nav18

Broken In
Re: Flame war against FB.

Which planet are you from:p?

Hey I assumed that reply will be coming.:-D

I had a phone (with Tata CDMA sim) when I was out of my city for study.I am doing self study at home right now so I gave that phone to my brother.

By the way I got Nokia Asha 501 from DVLUP. :)

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
One question that bothers me, FB paid most of the amount with their stocks, which took another nosedive the next day, and keep falling, so how much the deal is actually worth now? And how much would that be after an year? The guys from Whatsapp who agreed to this deal have made a very huge gamble.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Well they can sell it all, anyday they want. That's not actually a gamble, but a fate that you have in your control.

It's not like that fb shares would tumble down to bottom in a day or even an year, so you really can't say it a "gamble".

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
Off topic, but I'm compelled to post....
*qph.is.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-5e60009065379dc16a6e88efca8e6a3a?convert_to_webp=true

But still using BBM will be a pain I uninstalled it last week coz of it's battery drain issue. What's app never drains battery at least in my case.
True. Even I was carried away with the hype and installed it but after installing I simply found it to be an app that was capturing a considerable amount of space in my mobile. Horrible! there is no comparison between these two apps.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Off topic, but I'm compelled to post....
*qph.is.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-5e60009065379dc16a6e88efca8e6a3a?convert_to_webp=true

Intelligent :) ;-) :-D
Did you also ever wonder if it is made intentionally slow as to increase the time you would spend staring at their ad platform?

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
no just want to move away from fb telegram app is the sensible way now.

Just found a small negative for Telegram which otherwise is an excellent WhatsApp clone:
While selecting images to send, Telegram does not use a preview step. Thus you have to decide on the basis of image thumbnails alone which can be quite tricky.

Top Bottom