IEM for rs 1500

Blue Ripazah

THE CHOSEN ONE
hi i have been given an option to buy iem by my friend as a gift. the budget is 1500-1800 i need suggestions on good iems i listen to bassy music and want a balanced sound ..if possible can i get volume buttons on them. will be used laptop mostly and with phone.
i am having tekfusion twinwoofers and audio technica ath ckp200 as an option plz suggest more i can stretch the budget to 2000 if possible.

have to make the purchase in 3-5 days so plz guys help me ...thanx

Last edited:

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Go for the SHE-9700... The AHC-260 suggested above sucks!!! Haven't used them since the first week I bought them... :-x

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
If you can manage to increase the budget to 2k then T-peos popular is the way to go... Nothing can beat them in this price bracket.

PS: I'm marketing for Hifinage ;) I hope they provide me a free T peos Popular :lol::razz:

Review
*theheadphonelist.com/headphone_review/t-peos-popular/

Purchase
*www.hifinage.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&category_id=27&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=103&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=29

Last edited:

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Why do you think the Denon is bad? Could you explain?

They don't sound right to me... Even after extensive burn-in, they never sounded good... Don't like their signature... Low bass and the treble is relatively tinny!!! :-x
They are a bit dry sounding too and I just can't understand why they have such low volume even at the higher settings... :-(

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
They don't sound right to me... Even after extensive burn-in, they never sounded good... Don't like their signature... Low bass and the treble is relatively tinny!!! :-x
They are a bit dry sounding too and I just can't understand why they have such low volume even at the higher settings... :-(

What source were you using with Denons? Mobile phone or dedicated PMP?

The Incinerator

Human Spambot

Mine ones sound loud enough. Are you using the AHC 260R version or just AHC 260. The Denons sound pretty exciting and bassy and not exactly lean as you are mentioning. Yes they are not bass heavy as the Philips but wonderfully balanced.

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
What source were you using with Denons? Mobile phone or dedicated PMP?

iPod, iPad, Xperia Z1, Lenovo Y510p...

I think their inbuilt dac's are good enough!!! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Mine ones sound loud enough. Are you using the AHC 260R version or just AHC 260. The Denons sound pretty exciting and bassy and not exactly lean as you are mentioning. Yes they are not bass heavy as the Philips but wonderfully balanced.

Am using the 260 version, the one without the mics...

I don't know, man... They just don't sound right to me!!! Maybe I got used to the C-12s!!! :lol:

You know what, am gonna dig them out again and give them an extensive burn-in this week just to see if they, against all hope, get any better!!!

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
iPod, iPad, Xperia Z1, Lenovo Y510p...

I think their inbuilt dac's are good enough!!! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Am using the 260 version, the one without the mics...

I don't know, man... They just don't sound right to me!!! Maybe I got used to the C-12s!!! :lol:

You know what, am gonna dig them out again and give them an extensive burn-in this week just to see if they, against all hope, get any better!!!
good source. :thumbs:
Do give them a try & keep us updated :)

If you are used to C-12 then I'm very much sure that you won't like them at all ;) :D. I have C-12 & they are just awesome. These C-12's are keeping me away from investing into similar priced IEMs, I would rather save up for something like HiFiMan RE-400.

Just compare Denon AHC 260 to the similar price point IEM's & may be you would start to like them.

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
good source. :thumbs:
Do give them a try & keep us updated :)

If you are used to C-12 then I'm very much sure that you won't like them at all ;) :D. I have C-12 & they are just awesome. These C-12's are keeping me away from investing into similar priced IEMs, I would rather save up for something like HiFiMan RE-400.

Just compare Denon AHC 260 to the similar price point IEM's & may be you would start to like them.

Will do that!!!

Will try to compare them with my erstwhile EP-630s which served me well for a couple of years before dying from excessive abuse... Though I will have to put all my energy into this acoustic recollection from my not so sharp memory!!! :-D:-D :cool:

tushar mathur

Right off the assembly line
I'm not able to decide between T-peos popular and soundmagic e10.
I usually listen to rock,metal, progressive rock, post rock. So which one would be a better choice?
Also is the website hifinage reliable?

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
I usually listen to rock,metal, progressive rock, post rock. So which one would be a better choice?

Hifinage are selling many reputed brands audio gears with warranty. Many TE as well as TDF members have purchased audio gears from them so IMHO there won't be any problem.

I may prove helpful in this matter also if I give up to my sudden desires.... ;) :p :D

ratul

█████████████████

i have e10 and similar music taste, it rocks in rock music.. :doublethumb:
can't say about t-peos, but e10 gets a vote from me.. :)

Top Bottom