IE8 - compatibility view

Status
Not open for further replies.

anzaan

Broken In
Hi ppl

i just cant understand the "compatibility view" feature IE8. when i save a file, it sometimes gets saved as "compatibilty view" n m nt able to view it under normal mode. i just dnt understand the need of this view..

can someone throw more light on this idea of "compatibility view"???

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
Hi ppl

i just cant understand the "compatibility view" feature IE8. when i save a file, it sometimes gets saved as "compatibilty view" n m nt able to view it under normal mode. i just dnt understand the need of this view..

can someone throw more light on this idea of "compatibility view"???
Compatibility view is practically an emulation layer of Internet Explorer 7 inside Internet Explorer 8. According to Microsoft, some of the websites out there are 'not yet ready' to embrace all the features available on Internet Explorer 8 and thus problems occur when IE8 is rendering the pages on those websites. Practically, most of the issues happen with stylesheets (CSS) with placements of website elements going haywire, script execution errors, non-working state of page elements and even crash of IE. To counter most of these ill effects, Microsoft added a emulation of IE7 inside IE8 which can identify itself as IE7 to the websites rather than the actual version and work accordingly.

Now about your saving files under IE8 issue, which type of files you're trying to save? Are they HTML/PHP/ASP files?

OP
anzaan

anzaan

Broken In
any kinda file. i stored some of my pics(.jpeg). i dnt knw wen does it gets stored under 'compatibility view' and wen not.

i gt the logic of making older sites compatible with IE8. bt this storing of data under 'compatibility view' i cant get??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom