IE8 beats Firefox and Chrome in 7 out of 10 areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
If IE had just one plugin like firefox, sxipper, the password manager, i would have considered IE 8 well. I do use it sometimes but most of the time, having no good free password manager that can fill out logins for me, is a big turnoff for me. Apart from that, the developer tools in IE are good, but while developing sites there is one plugin that i really miss, one that enabled you to resize the window to some standard screen resolutions. Mine is a Dell Inspiron widescreen laptop and at 1280x800 res some site that i develop look really great, but then looking at these sites on a 4:3 aspect ration monitor with res going down to 1024x768 or even 800x600, tells a different story. A plugin to resize window to standard resolutions really come handy to avoid such situations. But there is no free alternative for IE as far as my knowledge goes.
So for these and other very small looking, but important reasons, I use Firefox for most of the times. I keep IE for mostly doing online banking in the InPrivate mode.

ManishSinha

Addicted to FOSS
Microsoft has a habit of putting its foot in the mouth. Can't it just publicize it's browsers without showing other browsers suck?

Does anyone know that IE testing team in MS, India just blame each other for the IE7 debacle? Now, don't tell they how "you" know. I am saying because I know.

axxo

99.9% Idle
Well, all browsers, incly IE8, FF, etc have their plus minuses.

Security wise, I think IE8 wins, imo. But then, again, its a never ending topic on all forums :D One should stick to what one finds to be the best browser.

sure, but in case of FF only plus no minuses. fast,stable,secure and most important is the addons. I see no reason to dump FF and move to safari,IE,Chrome or even opera. FF rules for ever no comparison

iPiyush

Right off the assembly line
LOL!
MS Aus. is giving $8k to people who find 'it' from their browser.
*www.microsoft.com/australia/ie8/competition/default.aspx

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
Does anyone know that IE testing team in MS, India just blame each other for the IE7 debacle?
That sounds like inside information ;) , please leak some more

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Believe it or not. 90% of my friends use IE6 which was bundled with XP. which is obivious that they are n00bs.

As of me i won't change opera untill IE20 releases. Even then, i have to think about it.

utsav

damn busy...
sure, but in case of FF only plus no minuses. fast,stable,secure and most important is the addons. I see no reason to dump FF and move to safari,IE,Chrome or even opera. FF rules for ever no comparison

Whatever u say i hav never seen opera crashing wid even hundreds of tabs open in multiple windows but firefox hangs every now and then even wid just 3 tabs. It happens wid me on xp,vista and even win 7. And my rig is powerful enuf to handle any browser i think :D ( C my siggy )

utsav

damn busy...
How to manage to open hundreds of tabs.. That too in multiple windows...:shock:

are you a webbot...?

i like doing and teaching webmastering and also do lotsa forumming , watching youtube vdos and all for long durations of over 6-7 hrs continuously so thats the reason for the multiple windows and several tabs :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom