IE7 #1 in the US and UK, and expected to be #1 worldwide shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
According to internal Microsoft research based on data from Visual Sciences Corporation,
oooh what an extremely credible source!! internal microsoft research!!! lol I mean seriously "internal microsoft research"?? lmao
*www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp
Also these statistics probably don't take into account many asian sites(non english sites) where browser like Opera is very popular.
Also old but still holds

praka123

left this forum longback
@chester:that's what i said first itself.internal Microsoft research,we all know what'll be the outcome yet to launch zune2 tops among with other BC will come!remember the "M$" research showed "visita" the most secure os by a BC and the thread got locked also making vista boys pwned. :p

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Lets put a poll on this thread, and we'l know what the people here at thinkdigit use most!

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
Well according to Google Analytics stats of my site which gets most of the traffic from India, for the past 6 months 81% people who visited were using IE "BUT" out of those 81% only 16% were using IE 7 and rest were using IE 6.
And FYI I have had 76,000 visitors and 1,75,000 Pageviews during that period.
I really doubt this report if it expects IE 7 to be no.1 shortly worldwide.

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Firefox is simply the best as it can be customised and also has 3rd party Add-ons available. Extensions like AdBlock Plus simply rock and so does Firefox.

apoorva84

In the zone
IE is slow...firefox consumes too much memory...and opera cant render many sites properly..i guess what u need is all of them...but the ignorant user will use IE since it comes bundled with windows vista...and windows xp sp3 will include IE7

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
try this one(IE users be cautious):
*www.crashie.com/

And now this one:
*www.positioniseverything.net/explorer.html
*www.howtocreate.co.uk/wrongWithIE/

Batistabomb

Deadman Walking
IE7 shows bad performance in Dial-up and for small network connections, how it is 1, i will go for safari,opera

din

Tribal Boy
I think advantage of IE is the loading time, it seems loading fast.

All other things like - security, tabs, popup blocker etc, IE copied from other browsers isn't it ? ;) So naturally, with the speed as advantage its gaining popularity.

I Was using Mozilla for a long time, and now FF. Pretty happy with that and use IE only when my clients ask me to chk sites etc in IE.

And pirated Win users can go for IE7 now, so sure it will be the first in India and Asia !! It might be a trick by MS too, like if they block all pirated users from using IE, they will go for other browsers - quite naturally :)

praka123

left this forum longback
^from my internet starting day(somewhere in 95) itself i used Netscape browser(later mozilla) 8).Netscape was killed due to M$ bundling internet explorer.but Netscape returned now as firefox to take the revenge!hehehe! ;) :D

Batistabomb

Deadman Walking
din said:
I think advantage of IE is the loading time, it seems loading fast.

All other things like - security, tabs, popup blocker etc, IE copied from other browsers isn't it ? ;) So naturally, with the speed as advantage its gaining popularity.

I Was using Mozilla for a long time, and now FF. Pretty happy with that and use IE only when my clients ask me to chk sites etc in IE.

And pirated Win users can go for IE7 now, so sure it will be the first in India and Asia !! It might be a trick by MS too, like if they block all pirated users from using IE, they will go for other browsers - quite naturally :)

are you a Network Administrator ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom