IE6 Countdown

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
It is not a hidden fact that IE6 is maybe the worst browser ever. It didn't have the functionalities that other browsers of the same era provided. It had many security vulnerabilities that even developers at Microsoft got tired of patching. It was slower than the slowest and buggier than the buggiest ;). All those, who have slightest of the brains never used it or changed the browser as soon as they started using it.

Microsoft, in a bid to "I do not know why", have started a website where they show how many users still use IE6, region-wise. In India a whopping 12.3% belong to IE6!

It is written on that website (which is really funny because they are criticizing their own product):

This website is dedicated to watching Internet Explorer 6 usage drop to less than 1% worldwide, so more websites can choose to drop support for Internet Explorer 6, saving hours of work for web developers.

Anyways, it is good initiative. But I do not know how much IE9 gonna help them, because I tried and did not like it that much.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Sorry don't wish to go political/off topic but am I the only one not to find is Kashmir in the Indian map? Can't even see the Indian administered regions of Kashmir (i.e. even minus PoK, Aksai Chin) highlighted in the "Indian map".

Not sure Twitter is the right place or way to complain, but anyhow
Please Retweet *twitter.com/#!/fosspowered/status/44708155220959232

OP
gagan007

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
Sorry don't wish to go political/off topic but am I the only one not to find is Kashmir in the Indian map? Can't even see the Indian administered regions of Kashmir (i.e. even minus PoK, Aksai Chin) highlighted in the "Indian map".

Please Retweet Twitter

OMFG...didn't notice that.this is seriously wrong! I will retweet.

abhijangda

Padawan
A good initiative by Microsoft.
I think they should also start sites like
theiecountdown.com, thewindowscountdown.com.:grin:

Alsa China is having largest users of IE6 34.5%:shock:

BTW

Please Retweet Twitter
Yup, they didn't show that at least they should have shown Indian administered Kashmir.

Goten

Banned
I know the reason of INDIA CHINA AND HONGKONG using so much of IE6....We all use pirated windows and a drag to update IE6....I use IE8 on my shush windows.

Peace~~~!

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ But can Microsoft keep track of IE statistics over pirated windows too ? :shock:

btw, an off-topic query:
@Goten: Can't u make "Peace" sign in siggy, instead of writing always in the posts? Wouldn't it be more convenient that way? No probs. Just wanted the heads up.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I know the reason of INDIA CHINA AND HONGKONG using so much of IE6....We all use pirated windows and a drag to update IE6....I use IE8 on my shush windows.

Peace~~~!

The righteous one :whistleblower:

Goten

Banned
^^ But can Microsoft keep track of IE statistics over pirated windows too ? :shock:

btw, an off-topic query:
@Goten: Can't u make "Peace" sign in siggy, instead of writing always in the posts? Wouldn't it be more convenient that way? No probs. Just wanted the heads up.

No I am not that of a SLOTH.

:p

Peace~~~!

OP
gagan007

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
whoa...they have edited the map !!!!!!!!!!
I do not know how did that happen, but my whole hearted thanks goes to Liverpool_fan for pointing it out to us

Top Bottom