IDC: Micromax close to overtaking Samsung in India

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
:shock::banghead::blackeye::facepalm::eeksign:

After this :--->
:youwish:

(^)Just went a bit off topic Mods and @TDF Friends...never mind

Still Tier B and C cities along with many suburban areas in India are flooded with MICROMAX mobiles than branded ones. Gross Sales is pushing their revenue higher and trying to catch up with Samsung.

i couldn't find its reviews anywhere in net.......... so ordered via COD option will c if its okey otherwise will return it..........

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
A sub 10k android phone is just a way for a company to say that yes we have a device within that range.

Again I am curious to what apps have you installed & what is your usage pattern? This phone , along with its elder brother (Ace Duos) have been a PITA for me from last 2 years.

See I have Xperia Arc S which is best of 2011 and still I'm facing lags at present so how could it be not possible for Galaxy Y. I don't know how but I guess you are not using internet in your Galaxy-Y or you have not installed any single app...

Yep, i don't use internet on phone because i find the phone screen small for proper reading.

Installed these:
Es File Explorer
Es Task Manager
Angry Birds
Cut the rope
Cut the rope experiments
Flow Free
Jetpack Joyride
Startup Manager
Super Backup
GameCIH
Power Toggles
Pool Billiards Pro
Quick Pic
Panda Run
Mx Player
Ds Battery Saver
Titanium Backup
Holo launcher
Holo Locker
Sysmonitor
Holo Notifier
Smart Office 2
Touchpal Contacts
Touchpal Keyboard

mostly i use it for calling, sms, some gaming and watching videos. Phone lasts easily for 2 days on a single charge.

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
Yep, i don't use internet on phone because i find the phone screen small for proper reading.

Installed these:
Es File Explorer
Es Task Manager
Angry Birds
Cut the rope
Cut the rope experiments
Flow Free
Jetpack Joyride
Startup Manager
Super Backup
GameCIH
Power Toggles
Pool Billiards Pro
Quick Pic
Panda Run
Mx Player
Ds Battery Saver
Titanium Backup
Holo launcher
Holo Locker
Sysmonitor
Holo Notifier
Smart Office 2
Touchpal Contacts
Touchpal Keyboard

mostly i use it for calling, sms, some gaming and watching videos. Phone lasts easily for 2 days on a single charge.

Bacche ki jaan loge kya..... :eek:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Till now, I have used an Optimus one, Galaxy Y, Neo V and now my Xperia M
No offence, but Galaxy Y is an absolute crap phone.. I used one for a month and it completely sucked.. Phones having MSM7227 (600mhz) were better than Galaxy Y (which itself had 800 mhz processor).. like Optimus One, and even the age old Micromax A70..
Anyways, back on topic
Samsung's downfall was a long time coming, they brought it upon themselves with their shitty marketing ideas..
My point is, if Nokia and Sony could "invest" enough time and resources to release quality phones like L520 at good rates, why then would samsung not do this as well..
After all, Samsung has MUCH MUCH better ad support on mainstream media than Sony or Nokia, they could have been so much more than what they are today..
But it's undeniable the typical indian will prefer "more cores", "more GHZ", "More megapixel" than looking at the actual chipset, warranty service etc etc
Maybe thats why Micromax is slowly gaining ground

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Till now, I have used an Optimus one, Galaxy Y, Neo V and now my Xperia M
No offence, but Galaxy Y is an absolute crap phone.. I used one for a month and it completely sucked.. Phones having MSM7227 (600mhz) were better than Galaxy Y (which itself had 800 mhz processor).. like Optimus One, and even the age old Micromax A70..
Anyways, back on topic
Samsung's downfall was a long time coming, they brought it upon themselves with their shitty marketing ideas..
My point is, if Nokia and Sony could "invest" enough time and resources to release quality phones like L520 at good rates, why then would samsung not do this as well..
After all, Samsung has MUCH MUCH better ad support on mainstream media than Sony or Nokia, they could have been so much more than what they are today..
But it's undeniable the typical indian will prefer "more cores", "more GHZ", "More megapixel" than looking at the actual chipset, warranty service etc etc
Maybe thats why Micromax is slowly gaining ground
This is what I meant above.
+1,to you Friend. Stuck the right chord...hit the bulls eye...Indian Market scenario.

Because Indian market(context of IT and electronics) is not owned entirely by Apple,Inc. Nor is it influenced by the geekdom amongst us(me a learner + noob) of various IT Forums.
We may admit or refuse in our mindset...but INDIANS(the mass,not the ELITES) are always BUDGET CONSCIOUS when it comes for purchasing any product.To buy Micromax,Lava,etc. budget based Phones(smartphones in particular)/Tablets/etc. one does not need to be a geek : AS THE PRESENT SCENARIO FORTELLS.Most of these el-cheapo,budget based products are used by the so called common mass,those who sometimes don't have a basic education till X standard(Nothing Personal to be taken Friends,No offense @TDF Friends),leave about their awareness + knowledge in chipsets,licenses,etc. as truly marked by @Nerevarine.

Last edited:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
one of my friend recently bought Blackberry latest touch handset to show off ....I told him that there are much better handsets available at that price but he said blackberry is blackberry

similarly some people show off there 5inch chineese handsets like they own a SGS4 ...Indian market is now more of a show off driven and less of usability ...micromax 5inchers handsets success is a proof of that ....

Indian market is now more usability than show off.. The reason indians prefer micromax is because it "appears" to offer the features given by high end phones at low price.. The mindset of noob buyers is such that " why pay for more, just for brand value ? when i get the same amount of cores, the same amount of megapixels at such a low price"..

sujoyp

Grand Master
one of my friend recently bought Blackberry latest touch handset to show off ....I told him that there are much better handsets available at that price but he said blackberry is blackberry

similarly some people show off there 5inch chineese handsets like they own a SGS4 ...Indian market is now more of a show off driven and less of usability ...micromax 5inchers handsets success is a proof of that ....

really??..I see poor camera, poor built quality, poor after sales service, older technology, lack of sensors and just a great big screen on front ....thats what these handsets give ....I know they are very VFM and I too wanted one after looking at others using those...just to have a big screen to show off :D
but isnt success of L520 and xperia L tells the different story

Last edited:

root.king

geek in action
you cant even install chrome on that crap. would love to know what n how many apps have you installed.

sorry for late reply to this '?'
ans as follows
rom : Hyperion 8
kernel : kurotsugi 1.8
apps :
link 2 sd
room toolbox
alldiko
firefox
opera mobile (not mini)
maxthon
mx player
openvpn
speed x
blackmart

do you want anything else just ask

@last who gonna need that chrome; itself is a crap
I had purchased galaxy Y bcoz @that time it has a huge list of Rom's

I did already used xperia S but got trouble with my lil hands

Nerevarine

Incarnate

really??..I see poor camera, poor built quality, poor after sales service, older technology, lack of sensors and just a great big screen on front ....thats what these handsets give ....I know they are very VFM and I too wanted one after looking at others using those...just to have a big screen to show off :D

I meant that it "appears" to have everything .. but actually they are rubbish

kg11sgbg

Indian market is now more usability than show off.. The reason indians prefer micromax is because it "appears" to offer the features given by high end phones at low price.. The mindset of noob buyers is such that " why pay for more, just for brand value ? when i get the same amount of cores, the same amount of megapixels at such a low price"..

Thanks Friend,again....wire truth.

roypurohit

Broken In

You had a lot of options in small screen size phone segment. some of are HTC Explorer, Xperia Ray, Samsung Ace and so many...
BTW HTC Explorer is batter than Galaxy Y though it has 600 MHz, Xperia Ray is FAR batter than Gal-Y...

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
sorry for late reply to this '?'
ans as follows
rom : Hyperion 8
kernel : kurotsugi 1.8
apps :
link 2 sd
room toolbox
alldiko
firefox
opera mobile (not mini)
maxthon
mx player
openvpn
speed x
blackmart

do you want anything else just ask

you use your galaxy y as a phone too (calls/sms) or predominantly as a smartphone

i found galaxy y hard to use even basic tasks like calling with the stock rom , no changes.

Dew

Destiny's a *****
Most of the people who buy MM phones are not even aware that its an Indian company :!:

ankush28

Bazinga
You had a lot of options in small screen size phone segment. some of are HTC Explorer, Xperia Ray, Samsung Ace and so many...
BTW HTC Explorer is batter than Galaxy Y though it has 600 MHz, Xperia Ray is FAR batter than Gal-Y...

MHz doesnt matter in CPU performence.
HTC explorer is surely better as it has dedicated GPU by adreno, bettee resolution, Plus it supports CM10.1 JB 4.2.2(running smoothly on my friend's phone)
Galaxy y is crap

kg11sgbg

^Actually most of the(~all) IT Hardware and Electronics Hardware related products GLOBALLY, are outsourced to China :---> PRESENTLY in these last few years.

Top Bottom