IDC: Micromax close to overtaking Samsung in India

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
actually with win os nokia phones are really looking good with a eye candy view.......

these phones i should say are in their own league compared to android.......

like when my frnds use lumia phones it really looks out of the crowd kind of thing.....

101gamzer

Ambassador of Buzz
actually with win os nokia phones are really looking good with a eye candy view.......

these phones i should say are in their own league compared to android.......

like when my frnds use lumia phones it really looks out of the crowd kind of thing.....

Stand out of the crowd precisely :wink:

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
they serve a purpose, if ur usage is limited its good. But people want their low end phone to do all things which high end is doing. If u want HTC Dream to run jellybean 4.3, u need to keep dreaming

What if you press the Call Logs button & after a minute it shows up & you tap the call button & after another minute, the call is actually made. So , for making a simple call, you have to wait 2 minutes! My feature phone is better than that. Before you say to reset your phone, that's not the solution for I would've to reset the damn thing on a weekly basis.

i mean come on even i see a rickshaw driver using a android mobile while i m still using nokia's symbian..........
Well lets not get too candid. Obviously, thats a possibility since mmx's entry level android costs ~ 3.2k & a high end feature phone of LG/Samsung today might cost ~4-5k but thats not the point. Android is better only with high end smartphones.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
What if you press the Call Logs button & after a minute it shows up & you tap the call button & after another minute, the call is actually made. So , for making a simple call, you have to wait 2 minutes! My feature phone is better than that. Before you say to reset your phone, that's not the solution for I would've to reset the damn thing on a weekly basis.

Well lets not get too candid. Obviously, thats a possibility since mmx's entry level android costs ~ 3.2k & a high end feature phone of LG/Samsung today might cost ~4-5k but thats not the point. Android is better only with high end smartphones.

well in that case the lowest cost phone that the android owner has released is nexus 4 which is 25k so seeing that all phones having price lower that 25 k are not good for android???

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
well in that case the lowest cost phone that the android owner has released is nexus 4 which is 25k so seeing that all phones having price lower that 25 k are not good for android???

What I believe is a device should have atleast 1GB RAM, good quality Dual-core fast processor in order to run the gradually demanding Android apps to get a decent performance.

mohit9206

Ambassador of Buzz
What I believe is a device should have atleast 1GB RAM, good quality Dual-core fast processor in order to run the gradually demanding Android apps to get a decent performance.

This means that Xperia M is the cheapest Android phone that is worthy of buying.For Anything less than that Android is useless.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
r u the only saying or everybody , coz I'm happy with my galaxy Y even after 10months of usage

My Galaxy Y is 20 months and still running on rooted stock rom with some apps replaced.
never faced a lag.

Hoping to upgrade soon to Xperia L/SP or N4 if budget permits.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
i mean come on even i see a rickshaw driver using a android mobile while i m still using nokia's symbian..........

BUDGET! BUDGET! BUDGET! >>> for the common mass. RAW PURCHASE POWER!

EVERYBODY knows Samsung are so much superior to Micromax, but in order to have a taste of pure milk without paying PREMIUM people resort to Lassi/Ghol whatever may be. The same analogy determines the SALES between the two companies.

Frankly speaking how many people are willing(OR HAVE THE CAPACITY) to shell out Rs.15k or more for SAMSUNG or other superior Smartphones build by supreme manufacturers?
But even some term Micromax as crapware,the cheap Android Phones(Smartphones) with varied features,lures common mass to buy these phones/Tablets...simple arithmetic.

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
^nokia has a few alternatives
It has email, social networking, IM, maps, standby time of weeks and BT file transfer
It's called a feature phone. Then there is asha series.

lol, who will use a feature phone after using GS3 & N4... :facepalm::troll:

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
This means that Xperia M is the cheapest Android phone that is worthy of buying.For Anything less than that Android is useless.
A sub 10k android phone is just a way for a company to say that yes we have a device within that range.

My Galaxy Y is 20 months and still running on rooted stock rom with some apps replaced.
never faced a lag.
Again I am curious to what apps have you installed & what is your usage pattern? This phone , along with its elder brother (Ace Duos) have been a PITA for me from last 2 years.

roypurohit

Broken In
r u the only saying or everybody , coz I'm happy with my galaxy Y even after 10months of usage

never faced a lag.

See I have Xperia Arc S which is best of 2011 and still I'm facing lags at present so how could it be not possible for Galaxy Y. I don't know how but I guess either you are not using internet in your Galaxy-Y or you have not installed any single app...

Last edited:

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
i m thinking of buying ubislate 7cz table at 6.4k it has 1 gb ram 1.2 ghz dual core A9 processor a full sized USB and 8 gb inter memory is it worth it??

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
i m thinking of buying ubislate 7cz table at 6.4k it has 1 gb ram 1.2 ghz dual core A9 processor a full sized USB and 8 gb inter memory is it worth it??
:shock::banghead::blackeye::facepalm::eeksign:

After this :--->
:youwish:

(^)Just went a bit off topic Mods and @TDF Friends...never mind

Still Tier B and C cities along with many suburban areas in India are flooded with MICROMAX mobiles than branded ones. Gross Sales is pushing their revenue higher and trying to catch up with Samsung.

root.king

geek in action
galaxy y <galaxy s < galaxy s2 < s3 <s4
like wise nexus or any other lumia series
when we see new mobile we say older mobile lags like a hell.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
galaxy y <galaxy s < galaxy s2 < s3 <s4
like wise nexus or any other lumia series
when we see new mobile we say older mobile lags like a hell
those are contradicting lines.
Galaxy Y is the cheapest android by Samsung, so there are compromises which come with the word "cheap".
New mobiles come with better hardware. The ones who complain about old mobiles don't generally complain because there are "newer" options. They do because their device "really lags".

I wish if Android phone hardware were upgradable ,insert ram , change cpu and upgrade storage
That time will surely come, may be not now but eventually.

Top Bottom